If you have one job - to fix Karax by implementing only **1** change

I don’t count them. You can’t mass carriers b/c they’re at the end of his tech tree and due to their cost. It’s no different than someone suggesting you can mass up Energizers and A-move them.

1 Like

Honestly and this will probably sound stupid, but I would give Karax’s probes an auto cast speed boost. Probes are an integral part of Karax’s play style and giving them an autocast speed boost would mean slightly faster minerals and make the probes more difficult to damage.

If we can go for two, I’d request that Karax’s combat units get a 20% evasion or 33% chance to reduce damage to shields to 10. If we’re going to pay the price for his units, they should be tanks.

We should also have instigators.

1 Like

Carriers are too slow too come out to actually mass them. Even when you get them out they do too little damage to be an effective fighting force.

I even stated that they take a long time in my post, and that no one actually goes for them after trying it once or twice.

And yet two people have told me that they are too slow and expensive.

We are thinking the same thing.

Bumping this to ask if anyone has hit max supply with this Karax?

For me, orbital bombardment drops should be 25% faster. I’m having a hard time hitting them.

One change? Increase the damage of orbital strikes to 60 (120 vs armored)

Feel like Karax main focus should be SoA with units or towers a secondary concern to just enhance it.

Change chrono boost activation process.

These days:

Karax: “Im activating chrono boost now!”
Me: “WTF!”

After change:

Karax: “Chrono boost will be activate in 10 seconds!”
Me: : :+1:

3 Likes

I think you meant Chrono Wave. All Protoss COs have Chrono Boost.

I’ve done it on SoA with a Sentinel Energizer army, and VL with a Sentinel Energizer and Mirage force (no cannons). Shorter games I haven’t, mind.

To get his expensive units massable again, yeah he needs to either have a gas cost reduction or faster gas extraction.

he does not say activating chrono wave does he?
maybe im remembering wrong.

He says both “Chrono Boost online” at the start of the game and “I’m activating Chrono Boost now” iirc.

He’s a phase smith, not a word smith, poor guy.

1 Like

Then it’d be nice if they changed that then

Remove the Mastery (HP+Shield Bonus) and add a new Mastery that allow the probes to carry more gases than usual per trip. Also revert all the cost change to the original.

2 Likes

To add an upgrade in forge which can give tower area damage. The most different between Karax and Swann’s tower is that. In some mission that’s is important so Swann is much more better than Karax.
but that will remove the feature of them, so I’m not good at balance lol.

distinguish “online” and “activating”.

But it’s called Chrono Wave
Plus he has Chrono Field passive
As opposed to Chrono Boost which is an ability of his (and other Protosi) Nexûs

1 Like

Remove unit tax.
And to guys who oppose the idea improving karax because “tricky and weak karax is fun”, there are several interesting commanders both powerful and funny to play. Do not mix up the performance and fun.

3 Likes

To be frank, there are people who think “tricky and weak Karax is fun” thus doesn’t require further improvements and people who think “tricky and weak Karax is fun” but improvements are still needed, and lastly- people who think “tricky and weak Karax is fun” and that only.

I don’t think karax is weak though, there are enough solo muta videos to prove you wrong.

1 Like