If you have one job - to fix Karax by implementing only **1** change

Well, if I were to go off the complaints related to the mastery change, I would say change his “+50% hp” to “+50% hp, shields, and attack”. That way, people get that dps they’ve been wanting. Actually, they could even go to 100%, since in the LotV mission “Purification”, the purifier armies you release from stasis receive double damage.

1 Like

Didn’t notice this thread before posting my own so I’ll just copy-paste:

Make Shadow cannon, Reclamation and Reconstruction abilities already researched. Reduce Shadow cannon damage back to 200 and increase Reconstruction cooldown to 240 seconds. Add research upgrades that boost Shadowcannon damage to 320, increase Reclamation cast range and reduce Reconstruction cooldown back to 120 seconds.

This will allow Karax to delay Twilight Council and Robotics Bay (300 gas) as well as relevant upgrades (another 450 gas) and build a fighting force sooner on maps where you have to push objectives early on.

I don’t think tha Karax is a weak commander, when the mission suits him it’s exactly the opposite and I don’t feel like he’s gas starved in the second half of the mission, but when you have to push objectives and rely on your army more you realize how front-loaded his gas consumption is, as without the upgrades his units are just a bunch of overpriced ladder units, for the most part.

1 Like

One change? Cut gas costs for everything by 50%.

Also, Shadow Cannon should be on auto-fire.

1 Like

I intend to be neutral in this post so the things I’ve written below are not relating to Karax/ issues of your suggestions at all.

Next time, just say this. Since the further implementation you’ve suggested almost makes me want to kill somebody.

And no, it is not about balance/ gameplay-wise or anything that any cooper will consider that’s important. And is not about the reviewer either.

Just note that I partially agree with what you’ve come up with.

Allow each of his building and units to provide a certain boost to solar energy generation, even boosting the damage of his call downs, similar to how Fenix’s champion AI works with units of same type.

Change his trait, so that it not only increases unit costs, but also attack speed.

1 change only? OK…

Allow Karax to produce his combat units in pairs. This would solve both the economy problem as well as the ramp up time.

After playing him for a week I do enjoy it very much.

The only downside seems to be his tier 2 mastery, choosing either one does not have any noticable impact.

Would be great to see that buffed so that a player would actually miss the mastery if it was gone.

6 Likes

Karax is a phase-smith, right? So he is very efficient at building stuff, right? So… If 1 change only can be made, as proposed by someone else, he should be able to have instant build on everything: all buildings and units.

If a 2nd change can be done, I would add the ability to build buildings without the need of probes (like Vorazun dark pylons). This would help a lot the offensive play, allowing canon push.

Then, I guess one can tell Karax, “you are efficient, aren’t you?” :grinning:

3 Likes

Give Karax mobility. This boi have nothing to tranfer those fragile high cost unit out of sticky situation.

1 Like

At least his Zealots should get the same speed increase as Zealots in PvP after researching charge.

Should probably be done to all Zealots of other commanders as well.

A shame Energizers do not keep speed boosting his units even outside of combat, that 50% speed increase is really nice.

Actually, giving Karax warp prisms would be a huge buff to him. Probably not the buff people are hoping for, since it would be a buff in the sense of pushing massive bases with 3 immortals, a prism, and 6 batteries.

1 Like

Giving him war prism’s that act like shield batteries/turret when in static mode :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:.

Wishful thinking

1 Like

I’d say, switch his mastery 2 SoA regen into reduced gas cost on upgrades including SoA upgrades, gas starvation is what hurts Karax in my opinion.

For 1 change Karax I would increase carrier damage by 50-60%; either by increasing interceptor damage or increasing the number of interceptors. Problem solved.

1 Like

All the other Protoss COs have a combat ground unit that can do both AA and AG. If you were to give him such an equivalent, he may end up just being yet another A-move Protoss CO.

If they ban Karax, that’ll push me further to quit Coop. Karax is actually unique and fun to play.

OTOH, if I had an option to ban certain COs, I gotta admit I would do so for Tychus or Zeratul.

He’s already A move if you mass Carriers. It’s just so slow to build up, that no one does it more than once or twice. (Except randos who only rush Carriers)

I mean, who isn’t at this point? Karax is too archaic in their design as it stands. In regards to Instigators, I’d consider them the median unit for sustained DPS, which Karax sorely lacks – the Immortals with Shadow Cannons do fulfill their place in high burst damage, but they come too late for how expensive they are. Instigators would resolve much of Karax’s ramp-up issues, I feel.

Change second set of masteries , one of the options should be decrease all upgrades cost by 2% per point.

4 Likes

I’d be happy if he just wasn’t so gas starved. Not only do his combat units require oceans of gas, he has way too many upgrades that also eat away at said gas.

1 Like