If you have one job - to fix Karax by implementing only **1** change

Basically, what will you folks (and especially Karax main) do?

I’m just curious.

Remove Carriers from his roster.

3 Likes

I actually had this idea recently and posted it in another thread, so I’ll copy paste it here. Basically it’s a way to give him vision easier and earlier so he can actually use his lasers to soften up really bases.

The biggest issue I feel IS vision, especially in the early game. Most enemy encampments are on a hill preventing you from sniping the high threat targets, or in the case of the early game, there’s enough enemy forces to kill your units before you can carefully wipe out important targets.

I also feel vision is one of his big drawbacks when trying to push with cannons as well.

Want my idea? Make his observers cost 100 minerals, no gas, and allow them to be built at the solar forge right at the start. This would allow him to be able to get early vision, help fill a niche be l by having super early detection, and allow him to get contested expansions far easier.

Just my 2 cents.

Just one change? Then, sorry I can’t remember who to credit with this (was on Discord), but have enemy units/structures destroyed by the Spear of Adun give a fraction of their cost to Karax.

… I will use this 1 chance to get Every Changes I want for Karax.

1. FIX Karax 2.2 bonus Solar Energy ’ Chrono Wave
    2. Give Probes range 5 (probes should also get 50%+Mastery Bonus )
  2. Chrono Wave should automatically recharge charge Solar Energy (also fill other Protoss commander with SOA)
  3. Energizers should be bottom of target priority
  4. Chrono Wave accelerates mining speed
  5. Repair beam mastery should be 60% instead of 30%
  6. Orbital Bombardment should drop FASTER.

Fix his Immortal, Colossus, and Carrier costs. Streamline them to be like the rest.

Get rid of the unit tax. It’s a remnant of the first days of Co-op.

or

Let him warp in all structures (except Nexi?) instantly via lvl 11 ‘Khalai Ingenuity’ and let stargates and robotics facilities benefit from cybernetics core upgrade ‘Warp Gate Transformation’ similarly to Artanis’ lvl 8 upgrade ‘Warp Harmonization’. He is called Phase Smith for a reason.

7 Likes

REMOVE GAS abuse. That’s it.

Reduce his units cooldowns. They hp buff was completely useless specially since it was counter-nerfed by cost increase.

1 Like

Remove unit tax… or increase unit dps to the same degree

3 Likes

I don’t know… autocast shadow cannon (big HP unit priority)?

Nexus has a recall ability, similar to Ladder/Versus. Instead of working on units, it targets an AoE on towers, including Shield Batteries. Affected structures are removed from the map, and have their costs refunded. Adjust the cd as necessary to suit balance. I’m thinking 2 minute cool down to boot.

One change isn’t going to fix Karax, so answering your question is really tough.

But considering the current state of Karax, without rolling back the most recent changes, I think the only one thing that could be relevant enough is giving him automated refineries.

It would just speed up his early macro giving him more minerals and gas, would also make more openers viable too. The ramp up time which is currently the big no no among players would be fixed, I believe. And would give Karax the opportunity to take enemy gases, creating an incentive for players to be more aggressive with the commander, to counter the already existent turtling tendencies.

Give players the option to veto karax players as an ally.

2 Likes

Ehh, given the last two “revamps” Karax went through I wonder.

1 Like

If one thing: I would wish they tied both air and land upgrades with the solar forge upgrades (saving tons of gas and Nexus uptime)

If two things: give him some “tool” vs Zerg/Bio, since no being able to (ab)use reclamation is quit a bummer.

1 Like

Frankly Karax needs a lot more than one change; he needs Instigators so he has SOMETHING that shoots up meaningfully that isn’t a gimmick, many of his units still don’t feel worth the additional cost, Mirages seriously need some extra damage especially now that they’re ridiculously expensive (they were already plenty tanky!), his repair beam needs better base value and more targets, carrier repair drones are still garbage and should either have much better range or be on another damn unit, he has way too many forced upgrades that cost way too much, and frankly his whole concept (tanky low dps units) was already gutted by Blizzard’s decision to make every enemy comp do drastically more damage when they gave them all the versus upgrades, he just can’t tank stuff like zerglings and marines like he used to be, which I don’t think is actually fixable at this point.

But if I was going to try to make him less bad in just one change… eh… I’d say drop forges entirely. Let him build cannons natively and have SOA energy upgrades also give +1/2/3 upgrades, still have to buy cannon upgrades and the SOA fire/stun/repair beam upgrades normally.

Would open up his start a bit so you weren’t locked into starting energy, as well as taking away the ridiculous mineral/gas tax of his earlygame; he’d still have a small and relatively low DPS army, but it wouldn’t take such a ridiculous amount of investment to get them going.

3 Likes

Make his SoA updates free

I’d give Karax those Instigator Stalkers for some reliably consistent anti-air.

2 Likes

It’s just the gas. That’s the only thing holding him back. If gas was removed from the tax he’s be completely fine where he is, but right now he feels enslaved by it.

2 Likes