I think just next commanders in view of this War Chest

zeratul uses a mix of skins. his void rays for example is the same as vorazun’s void rays. i have used the umojan scv skin and it is not the same as tychus’s skin. they wear completely different glasses for example. tychus`s skins is likely meant to be outlaw. swann and raynor both uses the default skins. it is therefore possible to use all of the new skins for new commanders. one possible commander for the new zerg could be izsha but, they could add a completely new zerg commander to balance out the number. maybe they could even add new commanders that people have not heard of.

some Umojans skins were used for Tychus
just the Dropship

I will found more strange that we would have 3 Dominion commander rathen then have a Umojan character.

Guess:
Horace Warfield
Gabriel Tosh
Ariel Hanson
Selendis
Rohana

Because they have existed big figure/portrait in story. Coop can use.

You are forgetting the most noticeable uses of the Umojan skins for Tychus. In particular, Rattlesnake and Crooked Sam are literally just a palette swap of the Umojan skins of the Marauder and Reaper in both field model and portrait.

But is not the same skins, ok, is a palette swap, but exist a lot of skinset that are just palette swap too, the Forged skin is a clear exemple. The Daelaam and Forged Disruptor skins are just palette swap for exemple, War Prism and Warp Prism too are palette swap, but still different skinsets.
So, the only true Umojan skin used by Tychus is just the Medivac (I ever said Dropship in the previous posts, whats wrong with me?) and is not even a true unit.

Well, you are certainly free to hold such an opinion if you really want, but quite honestly, to me it seems a rather silly distinction to make.

When it comes down to it, when they made several of Tychus’s forces, they didn’t use the generic skins, they didn’t use the WoL Mercenary skins, they didn’t use the Covert Ops skins, they didn’t use the Mira Marauder skins, but they specifically chose to use the Umojan skins as a base before taking a few minutes to change their colors.

And it is quite easy to see the distinct Umojan flavors with the Yellow construction handlebars many of their units have that Rattlesnake, the Medivacs, and his SCVs have.

1 Like

We have no reason to expect an Umojan faction besides the fact that a skin set exists for coolness. In terms of the story, the Umojans did nothing to stop Amon, and let the Dominion get their @ss beat while Artanis destroyed Moebius Corps, the hybrid, and freed the Golden Armada as well as destroying Amon’s brood.

Tychus exists (along with Zeratul) out of left field due to popularity.

H&H are barely Dominion functionally, and Nova is small army and fancy units based around Nova Spec Ops where she primarily functioned independently of the Dominion with Riegel (post End War). We have yet to receive a real Dominion commander that represents the Dominion that defended against the Golden Armada. Most of the Terran commanders in Co-op for the most part represent themselves and not the Dominion.

I think at the very least Valerian will get Umojan Marines and Ghosts… (hope so anyway). There are other potential units he could use. Even if he wouldn’t be the “Umojan Commander” he’d be the most likely to use the most Umojan units and tech.

2 Likes

Agree to disagree, but that’s fair enough, as we all have our own wishlist of what we really wanna see!

Personally, I still believe, and very much hope for, that when we get a Tosh Commander, a good chunk of his forces will be Umojan skins recolored and decal’d with the typical Spectre color theme and iconography. Tosh is pretty much the only other Terran with Umojan connections, after all.

1 Like

Because Mira’s Marauders, Simulants, Primals have done a lot during the LotV campaign, right?
Just because we don’t see them don’t mean they didn’t do nothing, and I higly doubt Umojans stay without doing nothing where the entire universe is in danger.

Nope, Valerian is the only one with connections with Umojans, Tosh what have to do with Umojans? Something about novel that nearly nobody know? Valerian is the grandson of one of the leaders of the Umojans, and they helped him during the beginin of HotS, Valerian make a lot more sense.

You can’t say Tosh has nothing to do with the Umojans then just claim novels don’t count. They even said they looked to the novels for inspiration with Tychus, they’ve pulled much more obscure characters for major parts of people’s kits (Telbrus and Zoraya). The Umojans bankrolled the spectre rebellion and supplied them massive amounts of hardware and technology, and Blizzard very clearly does seem to know that, some of the spectre skins in HotS (Spectre D.Va) have Umojan decals to reference that.

You can’t dismiss the novelization of the story of what was going to be the story of StarCraft Ghost as “something nobody read.” You literally cite Valerian’s Umojan heritage which nobody would know if they didn’t read I, Mengsk or the DT Saga.

2 Likes

Thank you, Subsourian, I am glad you also know your stuff. Tosh has such a rich lore to him, which is why I know it’s basically a matter of time before he gets into Coop Missions. There’s just so many possibilities with him and Spectres, that the ideas almost write themselves.

I never said that the novel don’t count, but let’s compare the 2 candidates:

Valerian
*born in Umoja and have great influence and relationship with Umoja that is know by ALL the fandom since this appeared in SC2 directly
*even if he is the Dominion Emperor right now, there is Mengsk and Warfield that too are Dominion commanders, and are best candidate to be so

Tosh
*The Spectres was helped by Umojans, but their relationship are a lot more unknown and the connection are a lot weaker then Valerian, only minimum part of the fandom know about this
*Tosh has his own faction, the Tosh’s Goons, make more sense they have a proper skin then the Umojans one (even because Tosh’s Goons are depicted with black and orange/brown color, Umojans tech have white and blue color, is nearly the opposite)
*If Tosh will be really the Umojan commander will open 2 horrible options:
1-Tosh will have Shadowguards instead of Spectres, and Spectres are the signatura unit of Tosh, and that is unthinkable
2-Umojan commander will have Spectres instead of Shadowguard, and Shadowguard are the most famouse and representative Umojan unit, a Umojan commander without them is absurd

Valerian is the best option so far.
Do you really want 3 Dominion commanders? For Warfield and Mengsk they can still make: Dominion Armada for Warfield and Mengsk’s Elite Guard for Mengsk, but for Valerian? Maybe Blizzard made Horner with Han because they had a similar problem… maybe they can use something similar to Han & Horner.
Valerian control an Umojan base ecc… and you have Dominion related calldown, maybe depicting Valerian to be an ally of a unseen Umojan commander, offering to him Dominion support ecc…

I’ve had a terrible idea.

After parting ways with Raynor’s raiders, Gabriel Tosh found work in the civilian sector directing the Knights of Tyrandor. Tosh despises his employers, but they keep him off the Dominion’s radar and since he’s in charge of hiring he can make sure his spectre brethren have somewhere to go.

As more and more worlds get pulled into the war against Amon, Tosh is ordered to keep the fighting away from Tyrandor IX. Tosh chooses to interpret that order as a request to join the war.

1 Like

Narud and his moebius fundation had an installation on Tyrador VIII (Wol mission).

Could also be Narud zerg enhanced with Hybrid. A what if Narud betrayed Amon.
They said once they would love to do an Hybrid commander

That would be nice, though. There were some assets on SC2Mapster about 4th race Hybrids - may be Narud will be announced on Blizzcon. Or Overmind. Both would be great.

Hum I’ve just read the new model description in game.
Cerberus are clearly terran related, the infestor one even precising “a commercial partner suggested to add more armor”

So I don’t think Cerberus would be Narud/Moebius related.

I think Cerberus is just Zergs from Heroes of the Storm - zergs with lots of antennas on them. Like controlled and may be created in labs.

Ha now that you said it, yes that’s true their desgin in HOTS (moba) is very close

That’s why i think Cerberus zergs are like terran-made crappy-off race. Lovely!