I think just next commanders in view of this War Chest

Tyrador - Valerian or Mengsk or Valerian&Mengsk like H&H
Ihan-Rii - Already Zeratul
Cerberus - I can’t guess

2 Likes

Zeratul really isn’t Ihan-rii. He has a few skins that the Ihan-rii use; but they aren’t Ihan-rii themselves.

I’d like to see the Ihan-rii Zealot, Adept, Dark Templar or High Templar/Archon be used.

Valerian would more than likely use Umojan units and not Tyrador.

5 Likes

Though Zeratul is not Ihan-rii he is not xel-naga either though his hotkeys named this way. Lets just say - he has his own race with xel-naga and Ihan-rii technologies. There will be no another commander with same skins.

Valerian will use imperial skins which exist since HotS campaign. Tychus already uses umojan skin - though workers and medivacs only, may be some of the heroes too, but this counts. There will be no another commander with umojan skins.

1 Like

His SCVs are not umojan, and only other «umojan» units are ripper (Sam) and medivac.

Also, SpecOps skinset is shared between Nova and H&H (Matt’s units use spec-ops skins before you purchase upgrades for them). So «one skin-set, one commander» was broken before (if it was a rule to begin with).

4 Likes

A pretty easy one for Cerberus would be as a supporting force to some sort of UED commander, maybe as a calldown like Kerrigan’s drop pods in the campaign. After all they did have Project Black Flag, and the skins are similar to that on Braxis Holdout from Heroes of the Storm, who were supposed to be zerg from Black Flag. I’m pretty vocal though that DuGalle would be fine as a largely terran commander, and having zerg forces central to his identity when there’s already so much rich stuff you can do with the UED would feel weird.

I think Tyrador could work for Warfield with some modifications, I don’t think it really works for any commander as written. Perhaps something like Tychus where they modify a lot of the Umojan skins to fit his units (IE Rattlesnake and his SCVs). With the lore itself it doesn’t work with any commanders, but like the Leviathan Brood on Zagara they can mess with it to work.

Ihan-rii are pretty obviously supposed to be Zeratul’s co-op army, they even reference it in the skinset descriptions. Some of the skins are a little different, but a lot seem to just be the fact they got modified in the transition to War Chest, similar to how Alarak uses a lot of different skins from the actual Forged skinset. So I wouldn’t expect anything more from the Ihan-rii.

Also, still very adamant that Umojan skins don’t fit Valerian. It’s two very different countries, it’s like giving Jim Raynor protoss units because he worked with them.

4 Likes

Technically, the Ihan-rii exist no matter what happens to Zeratul. Even in him being canonically dead; The Ihan-rii exist. Zeratul isn’t their Commander. He uses Xel’naga tech but not Ihan-rii warriors. It’s difficult to say what will come out of the Ihan-rii. Even if you were to count them apart of Zeratul’s army; it’s so minor that they aren’t properly represented.

As for Valerian; it’s apples to oranges to compare him using Umojan units to Raynor using Protoss units. It’s not the same. Valerian worked very closely with them and he himself has Umojan blood on his mother’s side. Not to mention; if anyone can convince the Umojan’s to join the war; it’d be Valerian.

3 Likes

Valerian wouldn’t command Umojan forces though, he isn’t an Umojan figure and they have their own officers. He’s emperor of the Dominion, he already has his own army, and if he appears it will be as a dominion commander, because that’s literally what he is.

4 Likes

I could actually see the Knights of Tyrador getting a simple recolor and decal change, and be repurposed for Valerian as his personal guard unit. The glossy armor effects with the official Dominion Red motif would look pretty neat and sell the royal guard feel, with the horse decal replaced with the arm and hammer of the Dominion flag.

It’s a simple and easy change, and one you see already on other commanders, after all. For example, Tychus uses recolored a few Umojan designs with different texture color and glow highlight than standard on a couple outlaws and the Mira Ghost hoodie for Vega.

3 Likes

I’m curious which Zerg commander could use those sexy skins. Hope Izsha just because I think it’s her time already and soon, after Hanson or Tosh.

1 Like

In Heart of the Swarm Valerian literally had Umojan Marines guarding him on board the Hyperion when Kerrigan returns. He seems to have a lot of influence with Umoja. More so, than any other named Terran Commander.

1 Like

If we insist what Valerian can’t directly command Umojan forces, then it can be like this.

If you start Mist Opportunities as Stetmann, you don’t actually play as Stetmann, you play as Gary, his best creation and kind of «right-hand-man», while Stetmann comments current situation.

So, how it would work with Valerian?

1. Valerian ask Umojan Protectorate for help.
  2. They send their commander.
  3. We play as this no-name commander (similar like we played as Commander/Captain/Cerebrate/Executor back in SC1), while Valerian comments what happening in game, and address this commander themselves.
  4. Valerian can also provide some back-up or Dominion tech, or it can be even some joint Umojan/Dominion force, dual tech akin H&H, but this is optional.

Yes, I know, it still looks awkward, probably even more so, just add this as possible alternative more «lore-friendly» option.

1 Like

Blizzard is gonna shock the world when they make Tosh the leader of the Cerberus Zerg which will be Cyborg Zerg units that are enhanced with Terrazine Buffs.

Seems too much like Stettman.

No man. They are! Check it.

are really similar, but not the same, the Tychus’s SCVs are a bit darker, and the portrait is totally diifferent. The only true Umojan thing that Tychus have is the Medivac.

So, the skinset used until now are:

Special Forces: Nova
Leviathan Brood: Zagara
Forged: Alarak
Mira’s Marauders: Han & Horner
Primals: Dehaka
Purifiers: Talandar
Umojans: N/A
Simulant: Stetmann
Golden Age: N/A
Tyrador: N/A
Cerberus: N/A
Ihan-Rii: Zeratul

Let’s try to guess the remaining skins.

-Umojans-
Some people think is used by Tychus, but actually thats not true, only the Medivac is Umojans, all others skins are new ones, the SCV are really similar to the Umojans, but is darker and the portrait is totally different, so… nope. Just one skin to say that is used for him is not enought, Special Forces are a bit used for Han & Horner, but his main use is obviously for Nova. This mean, we still don’t have a proper commander for Umojans.
The only character that make sense for this skin is Valerian. He is without any doubt the character with more relationship with the Umojans… ok, he is not a Umojan commander, but still he have a lot of influences for Umojans, they helped him with Kerrigan in the begining of HotS and he had some Umojans Marines as personal guard, and we already have 2 better candidates to be Dominion commanders: Mengsk and Warfield, so they can spare Valerian for a more interesting faction instead of have 3 commanders of the same faction.

-Golden Age-
Here we have two possible candidates: Selendis or Rohana.
Selendis is literally the commander of the Golden Armada, and what skinset can fit better the GOLDEN Armada if not the GOLDEN Age?
Rohana too can fit because she was born during the actual Golden Age, so make sense for her have his army about his era.
And there is no more to say about this, since the connections for both are pretty simple and obvious.

-Tyrador-
Yhea… this one is quite tricky… I thinked a lot and the only commander that I think could make sense is Mengsk…
Ok, now the Tyrador are a militia for the Tyrador IX resort, but since they have platinum equipment I don’t think is so absurd to think them as the previous Mengsk’s Elite Guard, then reasigned to Tyrador IX after his death.
In the Remastered the Dominion had a golden Command Center, so that mean Mengsk love to show his army with shiny and rich stuff, so I don’t find so strange to see a Mengsk with his Elite Guard with the platinum skins of Tyrador.
I know the connection here are pretty week, but is the only thing I could think… Blizzard can easly made a connection in some new lore stuff, just like Simulant+Stetmann or Ihan-Rii+Zeratul, so… who knows…

-Cerberus-
I read some people saying about UED commander/DuGalle… but they forget about one thing.
Skinset name is Cerberus, and is related to the Cerberus Program, that is a Confederacy faction (that appeared in SC1 Precursor) and later becamed a Dominion faction. If this skin would be related to UED, Blizzard would use the name “Black Flag” (name of the enslaver Zerg project of UED) or “Omega Swarm” (actual name of the UED’s brood, confirmed in Heroes of the Storm), but rather they choosen the Cerberus, that is a lot less know then Black Flag ecc… so I would scrap the idea of DuGalle or UED.
The only character we know connected to the Cerberus is the Cerberus Commander appeared in SC1 Precursor. I too think is really hard see him as a commander, but… there is no other character connected to Cerberus… and I too find quite hard to belive Blizzard will make a Cerberus Commander character model (since they don’t even do one for Han), but last year, Blizzard say they would like to make Aldaris and DuGalle commanders in future, so… Cerberus Commander is not impossible, REALLY HARD, without doubt, but not impossible.

3 Likes

I suppose we will have a classic Commander like Overmind. Because why else we get classic skins?

Skinsets sometimes don’t match up with the lore established in their lore. Zagara can’t be Leviathan Brood, otherwise that’d break Heart of the Swarm open (Leviathan Brood never lost the ability to make lurkers). Stetmann, to our knowledge so far, doesn’t actually use Simulants, but a thing he built himself. Zeratul uses some Golden Age but that revival didn’t occur until after the End War.

Also the Omegaswarm was not the UED’s brood, it was a cross dimensional swarm exclusive to Heroes of the Storm. Canonically they’re named the UED Slave Broods.

There is only one major faction that enslaved zerg in a manner similar to that, and that was the UED in their Project Black Flag.

2 Likes

Zagara is the Broodmother of the Leviathan Brood, we already see that, just because we don’t see her using it, or other don’t mean she don’t have them, could be easly the only Brood that still got the Lurkers.
And you will say “Why Kerrigan just don’t take them instead of have to do that mission?” well… I can say the same thing for Ultralisk, Mutalisk, Roach, Hydralisk, all units that Kerrigan get after fight against Zagara but that Zagara still used against her, and for have Lurkers Kerrigan have to take the essence from a Lurker Den, Zagara maybe could make Lurkers without the Lurker Den, just like in BW.

Stetmann could have copied Simulants. Since color scheme and Heroes suggest the Simulants are Umojan tech, is not hard to belive Stetmann see them during the Raynor-Umojan alliance in the begin of HotS and them replicate them. So Stetmann have his own Simulant inspired by original Simulants, since is pratically impossible that Stetmann replicated 100% something that he never see.

But in Heroes was said the Omega Swarm was UED Swarm, and “UED slave brood” is quite a lame name… it’s like if I name Tal’darim as “black and red war-based Protoss” is a description, not a name, just like “UED slave brood” is not a name, is a description.

I know, but the skinset is called “Cerberus” not “Black Flag” not “UED” not “Omega Swarm” or other name a little related with the UED, why use a name of something much less known then use the UED that is MUCH more know by the fandom?

1 Like

it’s not a skinset the classic skins, but I hope we will get something like that

It’s primarily strange that the leader of the Dominion wouldn’t be able to command his own forces. The lore behind skins (their descriptions) is cute, but that really can be ignored if they can be made to fit someone who could use them, like how some Umojan skins were used for Tychus. We really don’t know if and how the Umojans contributed to the End War, meanwhile Valerian was busy defending against the corrupted Golden Armada with his Dominion.