I like P3 Kerrigan over P2 Kerrigan

It doesn’t to you clearly. You’ve won the internet. I’m sorry I shared information. Please leave me be.

When you said wreck the entire base, do you mean Kerrigan’s normal attack, not the lightning that damage the building, right? I am pretty sure that her lightning doesn’t attack on building, except the void rift stone, I think?

Yep. I’m not all that fussed about the defenceless structures, obviously. The sequence for me is to jump from static defence to static defence, auto-attacking it down to build up Fury and then jumping further in. After a few fully stacked jumps the Folly strikes have killed all base defenders except Hybrid and most of the static defences are gone too.

Here is another 2 things I want for P2.

1. I agree with an option to enable Fury to be stored (Somebody said it but I don’t remember who) and unleashed when enemy units are nearby. If you use abilities while charged and there are no enemies you waste them completely.

2. It would be great to have Fury duration to be increased probably with Mastery 3.
    I can tolerate but it would be great if Kerrigan can store Fury for more than 5 seconds.

I just still don’t get why Immoblisation Aura isn’t effecting the building or at least stunning them.

Kerrigan’s massive burst of energy should at least do something but no.

Maybe. But yours is flawed at best as well. I can only tell you that your stated 1200 damage from P2 fury stacks is wishfull dreaming.

If you could consistently apply that, it would mean 1200 extra damage every 5 auto attacks. And this is how fast kerrigan attacks:

base: 0.66 attacks / s (=1.5s attack cooldown)
on creep: 0.93 attacks / s (=1.07s attack cooldown)
+1 fury stack: 1.02 attacks / s (=0.97s attack cooldown)
+2 fury stack: 1.12 attacks / s (=0.89s attack cooldown)
+3 fury stack: 1.21 attacks / s (=0.82s attack cooldown)
+4 fury stack: 1.31 attacks / s (=0.77s attack cooldown)
+5 fury stack: 1.54 attacks / s (=0.65s attack cooldown)

Your first attack and fury stack is instant… so you reach 5 stacks on creep after 0.97s + 0.89s + 0.82s + 0.77s = 3.46s.

Lets add 0.5s for using dash to discharge. So you could apply 5 fury stack discharge every 3.96s. Lets say 4s.

At 1200 damage that means your DPS just from fury discharge would be 300 DPS.

Side note: Kerrigan regens 7.5 energy / s without mastery or 9.75 e / s with mastery.

Lets further assume dash hits 4 targets. So dash adds 200 damage. Then there are her 5 auto attacks, for 40 damage per hit, with 5 hits that’s another 200 damage.

So total for P2: 1600 damage in ~4s or 400 DPS.

Lets compare that to P0 with SAME masteries: Dash deals 400 damage on 4 targets. Her auto attacks are the same 200 damage the first 4s, but she never looses her fury stacks, resulting in 6.2 auto attacks the next 4s or 246 damage.

So total for P0: 600 damage in first 4s or 120 DPS, then about 161 DPS after that.

So it’s P2@400 DPS and P0@140 DPS. That is the theory. If these numbers make sense to you, then i guess you can stay happy playing P2 and thinking you are doing 300% your usual DPS.

If you ask me, if that P2 scenario would be true even only when facing late game waves, NOBODY would ever touch another prestige (except for fun). There would be no questions or discussion like this one here, cause the case would be ABSOLUTELY obvious to everyone.

Everyone here (i hope) would be able to tell the difference between a 1m tree and 3m one. Nobody would say “oh i think the first tree is actually larger”.

Why is the 3x DPS advantage of P2 not more obvious? I think you cannot blame skill for that… a pre-schooler can learn to do 5 auto attacks + 1 ability and repeat.

Curious for your view on that…

Edit: miscalculation

1 Like

Good analysis first off.

It really is that obvious. The problem of not using Kerri properly in P2 is really prominent. The general rotation is different. And I say all that from transitioning using P0 to P2 in my 7000+ games over the years.

You’re right, on paper the rotation is very straight forward:

1. Attack 5 times
  2. Leap Strike or Psionic Shift
  3. Repeat 1&2

The in-game real time choice though depends largely on player experience. When I did the same “head strong charge-in” as P0 with P0 Kerri, it works perfectly fine. It is fine because she has stronger carapace, fine because x and y enemies both die to a Psionic Shift. I have that extra 0.3sec to get away if need be.

Comparatively, while I practiced P2, my initial style is very much so P0 style of “charge-in”. And why wouldn’t I? It worked before. That’s where it isn’t the same. The placement of where you choose to Leap or Shift is very important. Cuz she is much weaker without that 1/2 Carapace and 1/2 ability damage. So the difference is literally “charge-in and killed units” vs “charged-in and didn’t kill units”. So the latter leaves Kerri vulnerable to taking more damage than normally on P0 with 1/2 the bulk of P0.

Honestly, none of that should come as a surprise on paper when we discuss it. It really is that simple. The problem with P2 not working “more optimally” than described is exactly because how often a player can rotate and choose the Fury-stun with her abilities. And that is exactly skill dependent (or experience). There’s no shame in it, just needs practice.

To draw a parallel, D3 is literally the same. On paper everyone can read on rotation of a build, yet you’ll always have the top players pushing several GR higher.

What I’m saying is I am perfectly aware the paper DPS isn’t the be all. And that’s why I found it odd Someone keeps arguing about it. And that’s why I’m perfectly happy if a person wishes to play P0 (lower DPS but still really high DPS with higher bulk) over P2 (higher DPS with lower bulk, more glass-cannon). In the end, who cares if A does more DPS than B if both overkills anyway? DEAD is DEAD :joy:. If a person enjoys P0, P2, or P3 then play it. Brutal isn’t some mastery difficulty lol. Yes, P1, you get out of here :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

I like all Kerries prestiges over p0.
Besides the points of OP I also really like that the grip in p3 reveals cloaked units. You can rip those banshees right out of the air and blow them up without detection… that feels awesome :blush:

1 Like

Lol it sound like your entire post is wrong.
Either it’s really that, and you should use strike (< s>text< /s> without those space) on the pre-edit text, or something else, to confirm it, or you should add a few words (I guess “Edit: miscalculation now fixed” would work if the meaning was what I think).

I actually like P1 Kerrigan when I am playing with Stukov ally.

There is one time where both of us brute force Heroes of the Storm mutator with P1 Kerringan + P3 Stukov and actually won.

2 Likes