I like P3 Kerrigan over P2 Kerrigan

Yes. At first, I think I like P2 Kerrigan due to her powerful lightning attack but over time, I found myself using P3 Kerrigan in most of the brutal+3/4 games with my ally.

The ability to generate double resources, the ability to long-range snipe for massive damage, and the ability to stun attack waves are simply just too good in brutal+3/4.

The double resources making the whole process of building a fleet of armies and max the upgrade so easy and quick.

The best part, P3 Kerrigan can snipe Propagator easily which is impossible for P0/1/2 Kerrigan to do that.

4 Likes

I see you are a man of culture.

1 Like

Wasn’t it obvious from the start? I played just a couple games on P1 and P2 to understand that I’m never going back to it from P3.

1 Like

Haven’t I saw you writing a similar response before? Or am I just imagining things?

Not too surprising. P2 is probably stronger (depending how you measure it), but aside from some not understanding how to play it, it’s easy to prefer P3 most of the time. P3 supports the broader toolkit you have, and your ally, whereas with P2 everything is overshadowed by the wrecking ball of a hero.

1 Like

I’d say both have mutational advantage in the grand scheme of Kerrigan’s prestiges. P3 simply differ from P2 in its utility. The preference is entirely of the player’s own choice of style.

I think this p2 vs p3 thing has been long debated on “which is better”. Sometimes there just isn’t a clear winner.

3 Likes

p3 kerrigan is a ranged “mage” and economy support, great for fielding a massive army quickly and strong vs amon Air compositions which are a weakness for default kerrigan.

p2 kerrigan is a powerful solo warrior but requires more apm/attention.

Both have their uses and the masteries can be tweaked to support their focus or try to shore up on their weaknesses.

1 Like

Kerrigan does so little damage in P3 (against ground) compared to P0 that I can’t understand how anyone likes that. The only think I like about P3 is the different model.

Even P2 does less damage against ground comps (and in addition to that dies much more easily) than P0, but the zaps are at least super fun :slight_smile:
Crushing grip on the other hand is something I hate and tbh I wouldn’t like it even if it was doing 2x more damage than now.

P1 is trash, that I agree :wink:

You can kill propagator with P0 - just chain Leaping strike+Psionic Shift with at least 13 points in Primary Ability Damage and Attack Speed

I know there is a video showing p0 kerri killing poops but in real games trying to do that is very unreliable and usually ends in both the poop and kerri dying.

I think p3 is better than p0 for b+ and so is p2 cause p0 depends too much on getting enemy comps that are easy for kerri to kill. I think p3 has a small advantage only because 200 damage immo wave is really strong.

1 Like

Anyone who thinks P0 is better than P2 or P3 clearly haven’t really practised those prestiges.

1 Like

I guess you could say there are 2 big reasons why I also prefer to use Kerrigan p3 over the kerrigan p2, but my reasons are only in relation to the new skin.

Do her eyes change? I did not notice.

Oh wait, maybe you are a hand or feet fetish, these come in pairs too.

Yes… definitely the pair o’ body part.

Ears or nostrils maybe? Nothing really sticks out to me about the model. :thinking:

Does it though? I think P2 is worse than P3.

I think all P2 does well is kill zerglins, banelings and marines fast.

Fury stack discharge is spread over all units in range… if you have a wave with 15 units (and 15 is not much really… there are much bigger waves), then a discharge deals 40 damage per unit i think. I think you need 4 discharges to kill even a stalker, while your leaping strike only deals 150 damage, which btw. allows immortal to activate their barrier making them last even longer. With P3, every well placed kinetic blast usually means a dead unit.

Then you also have to consider, that repeatedly loosing your fury stacks means loosing its 50% attack speed buff. On average this should mean P0/P3 has >25% more attack speed than P2. Whatever damage advantage you think P2 has would be reduced by this.

I would argue that even P0 would have a chance to compete in DPS against P2.

I think the only thing that P2 is great for, is its AoE stun.

So your understanding (and perhaps many others here as well) of P2 is not comprehensive or accurate.

Fury stacks up to 5 times, each individual stack has a total target number (1, 2, 3, 6, 12). While within any stack, the target cannot be the same, the target CAN BE between stacks.

What do all that mean? At optimal play, you always attack (generally) with 5 stacks. This will prompt upwards of 24 different target. However, if there are only 12 within range, some of these will be selected multiple times. So a single unit attacked by a 5 stack release can receive 50dmg x 5 (not 40 btw), that is on top of the 1/2dmg from Leap Strike or Psionic Shift.

So a multitude of scenario can occur:

1. 24 unit (all somehow not repeat selected) will receive 50 Dmg each (Total of 1200 dmg + ability dmg).
  2. Less than 24 with some receiving 50, some 100, some 150, some 200, possibly 1 receiving 250dmg (Can be 1200dmg to at least 250dmg)
  3. Versus 1, receiving 250dmg + Leap Strike Dmg. (This is the least dmg since only 1 target available).

Sourced from sc2coop. Aligns with my own experience.

1 Like

I personally enjoy way more kerrigan p3.
You can pretty much oneshot or twoshot anything in the coop world (unless its a hybrid) and by the time the waves are big enough to overwhelm kerrigan you should already have her overpowered units out to clean the enemies while you kill ‘‘the important stuff’’ with the blast.

But again everything comes to the way you enjoy each playstyle

I don’t get that.
5 stacks, each can have up to 12 targets so 5 * 12 = … 24???
Am I missing something here?

It is like (and same on sc2coop) the max was 4 stacks with 6 targets each instead of 5 and 12. Else I don’t get why there aren’t up to 60 different targets or up to 60*50 = 3000 damage when fully and optimally discharged.

Stack 1 can have 1 target
Stack 2 can have 2
Stack 3 have 3
Stack 4 up to 6
Stack 5 goes to 12

1 + 2 + 3 + 6 + 12 = 24 total maximum target when no overlapping. 24 x 50dmg = 1200dmg.

Each stack has a separate selection, so if stack 1 with 1 target selected Unit-x. Stack 2, 3, 4, and/or 5 can all have a chance at Unit-x. And let’s say all 5 stacks DID select unit-x. Now the math becomes:

Unit-x x 50dmg x 5stack = 250dmg
AND
0 + 1 + 2 + 5 + 11 = 19 other targets with no overlap x 50dmg each = 950dmg total. In this case, total maximum damage of 1200 is still served but split between 1 x 250 and 19 x 50.

So the maximum Dmg only decreases if:

1. Player doesn’t attack at 5 stacks.
  2. Total targets is too few.

In the [2] case, if we take the above example. Unit-y is now selected by stack (which now selected unit-x and unit-y). However, you can see that stack 1 can no longer apply. So at most, if selection is “lucky”, unit-y can receive at most 4 stacks or 50x4 = 200dmg.

So in a sea of >24 enemies, only 1 unit has a chance to receive 250dmg. Then 1 with chance at 200dmg. Then 1 at 150dmg. Followed by 3 at 100dmg, and finally rest at 50dmg.

For any non-stacks, the Dmg is simply split to 50 each to additionally selected units (upwards to 24 max, coming full circle).

So you actually end up dealing far more damage to enemy base or group, when P2 is controlled properly. And less so when your targets start to fall short of 5 or so enemies within range. However, if you do attack at 5 stacks as you should be, you’re dealing far more single target than before (in theory). Yet, the offset on attack speed on and off creep (ie. with and without buff) lends to less Leap Strike cast. This is where 1 on 1 type of situations P0 can appear to do better (because many P2 players aren’t using full 5 stacks. So they wasted the time stacking say 3, dealing 150 stun Dmg + Leap Strike half Dmg 150, which only equates to 300dmg of P0 Leap strike Dmg, only without having to attack 3 times for the P0 player.)

Sorry for the long post but it’s hard to not when explaining in more details.

3 Likes

P3 Kerrigan is also very good at destroying buildings while P2 Kerrigan is unable to destroy fast due to her skill nerf, and her lightning doesn’t affect buildings.