I cannot run nor uninstall battle.net

I get error BLZBNTBTS0000005C when I try to run battle.net or reinstall it.
I get error BLZBNTBNU00000002 when I try to uninstall it

I tried rebooting and using the microsoft uninstall troubleshooter but the later does not list the battle.net application.

Howdy GrullaLeal,

These errors can often happen if there are corrupted files. In this case, I’d suggest a clean reinstall of the Blizzard app.

1. Uninstall the Blizzard app in the Add & Remove programs list. If it’s not showing here, or not allowing you to uninstall, you can manually delete the folder (usually located in Program Files x86). If the Battlenet folder isn’t located on your computer and Windows still shows the Blizzard app as installed, then this is a problem with the Windows registry. You can find steps on fixing that here.
  2. Next open the temp locations and delete any Battlenet and Blizzard folders you see in each location. Press Windows Key + R and type:
    • %LOCALAPPDATA%
    • %APPDATA%
    • %TEMP%
    • %PROGRAMDATA%
  3. Finally go ahead and reinstall the app from here. Make sure you run as Admin.

If you can’t install the app this way, then there is likely a deeper problem like security software or a problem with the WMI service in Windows.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.