I can not play SC2 and HOS

in game Co-op, can not use Ready button and select mission map.
i try reinstall, restart pc and repair file
but SC2 can play only arcade.

both crashes SCII and HOS
helpz… :frowning: :sob:

Try Technical Support - SC2 Forums.

2 Likes

Do you own Legacy of the Void? If not, then that’s your problem. You need to own LotV to play Co-op, or be in a party with someone who does own it.

2 Likes

Did you really mean “own”, as opposed to just having it installed? AFAIK, the files needed to play Coop come with LotV (when the mode and 2nd exp. were introduced back in 2015), but you don’t actually need to buy LotV to play it (so you’ll be missing out on the LotV campaign, playing Versus/Ladder games with LotV assets, units etc.). You can still fire up Coop mode, but you’ll need to either buy COs a la carte beyond the starting 3, or get them as part of your purchase when you buy other campaigns (assuming they still do this).

@OP, were you ever able to play Coop mode on your set up, or is that the first time on that computer? Have you been able to play Coop on other computers? It sounds like you may need to update your Sc2 for LotV. IIRC, that should automatically be included whenever you install the game, but if you have an older version of Sc2 that you never updated (past HotS), that could explain why.

2 Likes

No, I meant own as in you bought the game. Last I checked, Co-op and Ladder are locked behind Legacy of the Void campaign purchase OR being “Spawned” up to LotV from Wings of Liberty: Free Edition. (Playing in the same party as another player that owns LotV.)

1 Like

I see. It seems the computers I’ve played on at video game lounges did have LotV. When I installed this on my own PC, I was able to play without having purchased LotV (although I ended up purchasing it last summer), but never considered it was b/c others I got matched with did own it!

1 Like

my report

1 Like

That is not true as I was able to play with a friend who only used the Free to play sides of SCII. She only could play the first three commanders but regardless, didn’t own any of the games.

2 Likes

OK thk all.
It’s fixed now. Network problems
I changed my internet router

1 Like

Yes, I could play co-op long before I bought anything, commander or campaign.