How's everyone doing?

Hi all,

It’s been a while and I hope everyone’s doing well!

Life, mostly work, got super busy for me but I think that’s dwindling off a bit, at least for now.

So what’s new with everyone, and what has everyone thought re: this year’s BlizzCon?

For me, Diablo IV looks like it has potential, but otherwise, not too much that interested me since I don’t play Overwatch, World of Warcraft, or Hearthstone.

Gaming-wise, I’m still loving Mortal Kombat 11, I’ve gotten into Killer Instinct (2013) and purchased an Xbox One X a bit over a month ago, and I’m still enjoying The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition.

2 Likes

Welcome back !

Charmed made a blip appearance here last week and disappeared as fast as it appeared.

Bifrost got a 4 day ban for bringing an old thread here. He chose to boycott every non Sc2 game from Blizzard due to the Blitzchung controversy.

A new poster Bartfitz has come, but I’ll let you and him discover each other.

Aside of that nothing has really changed.

2 Likes

Thanks man. What was Charmed posting about this time? More or less the usual?

Is Bifrost’s ban done?

Looking forward to chatting with Bartfitz!

Same old nonsense as before in the case of Charmed.

He was banned on Monday. He will be back on Friday at worst.

1 Like

Welcome back

And yhea bifrost caught a case of 4 day ban according to bart.

In other news age of Empires 2 definitive edition will come out in a bit more then a week. Looking forward to play it with a some friends and see how much they changed the game from the HD version.

3 Likes

Howdy! Nice to meet some new - or old - fellers!

Yeah, Skehan got iced but his ban ends tomorrow at 12:23 AM. I believe that’s CET timezone.

I ain’t super psyched up about BlizzCon either. Mengsk looks interesting so that’s that, Deathwing is a-comin’ to HOTS which is excellent and Diablo IV looks nice. One guy can turn into a bear so props for that.

1 Like

Downloading the Warcraft III: Reforged beta. I guess I got an invite since I pre-purchased the Spoils of War edition.

1 Like

Welcome back JP.

1 Like

Well, well, well~~

Well… look who decides to show up!

Miss you, man. There was some interesting post pops up while you’re gone. Some post about Alternative Universe by TrickyHunter. And not sure what it is from Saiyan. Plus, some other posters, but they’re all left. Had you been active back then, it would be a lot of fun.

Oh, and Gradius is now a beacon of hope and positivity!

1 Like

@BartFitz Good to meet you man! I haven’t even checked Mengsk out, to be honest. I mostly played Co-Op with my father, and he’s been buried in Fallout 4 since I got it for him a year ago.

For the Druid class, it’s the only class in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction I never cared for or played.

@Ravianna I’m super interested in Warcraft III: Reforged, but will likely wait until well after launch as I simply have too many games on my plate right now.

@Gradius @Spirit Thanks guys!

1 Like

Every time they pop up just has me more and more convinced that Charmed and Ravianna are the same person. It can’t be a coincidence that Ravianna shows up shortly after Charmed got banned.

The D4 announcement was the only thing that really caught my attention, and that was more because of the Lilith cinematic. I’m actually a bit surprised that they went all out on showing the blood since every year just feels like Bliz games are getting increasingly neutered down in order to abide by China’s rules.

The D4 gameplay they showed I didn’t think looked all that great. It just looked more and more like a slightly darker version of D3 the more times I watched it.

3 Likes

One of the things D3 actually does really well IMO is combat and combat fluidity, so it doesn’t bug me that much. Not a huge fan of seeing the multi minute CDs making a return though.

The itemization does worry me some, rolling all base stats into just attack/defense really bugs me, like a lot. I get I’m one of the last people on the planet that actually enjoys in depth character building, over complicated skill trees and millions of different stats. But there is simplifying things, and there is holy cow this is really dumbed down guys. D3 leaned too far to the latter for my taste, really don’t want things to be taken any further.

3 Likes

I dropped out of retail WoW the moment I saw what became of the talent trees in MoP. They absolutely gutted it. I couldn’t believe it when I first witnessed it.

That’s fine, brother. Not that much first hand info as of yet but I heard his nuke skill is overpowered. It’s interesting to see a character like him in co-op with the tools he has. After him and Stettman I don’t know if we’ll ever get a conventional commander again. At least the man gets some justice after WoL and HotS.

Well, if you ever want to shake things up with a real casual, you can add me!

That’s awesome! What’s his favorite build and faction?

Full disclosure, never played Diablo. If I had to pick a class I’d go with something full melee or a necromancer.

1 Like

For my father and Fallout 4 I actually have no idea. I know he’s doing his second playthrough.

For Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, I played and loved almost every Class, save Druid. My top three though were Paladin, Assassin, and Necromancer.

What’s wrong with the Druid?

Probably just personal preference. I enjoyed the Druid, particular tornado and hurricane build Druid, but the one class I never really liked that much was the assassin.

My three favorite classes were the Paladin (Except for hammerdin) Sorceress (Cold) and Amazon (Javazon in particular, both flavors).

My D3 most played class is by far the Witch Doctor, Jade Havester build which is based around applying and consuming DoTs.

1 Like

I have no idea about half of these things.

Back. Got busy celebrating Acing Pediatrics state exam.

Glad to read you again.

1 Like

Check some Spirit of the Law if you wish.

Great AoE YouTuber.

1 Like