How would you redesign the SH?

Swarm Hosts are the unit with a design that isn’t well designed both from the gameplay and spectator PoV.

1 Like

locusts have to stay within a certain range of the host. that way nydus + sh can’t work, because when the shs go back into the worm, the locusts just die. forcing the hosts to be vulnerable while the locusts do their stuff would be nice.

2 Likes

SH is a possible answer to the topic range. it allows zerg to build up early pressure vs turtles. Instead of waiting for hive. Zerg does not have the range advantage in most cases. Sh is a kind of range and also a good harass option.

4 Likes

I quit playing hots because of the swarmhost. As it is its not nearly as bad. If anything absolutely has to be done to it then maybe give the locust waves a low low cost per swarm host but even then I don’t really see it as a problem.

If I 100% had to redesign the swarmhost and could not avoid it, maybe I’d try to give them more counterplay. Increase their speed on creep, decrease it out of creep, make them more fragile, make the locusts slightly more fragile and increase their DPS slightly.

My reasoning for these changes: decreasing their speed off creep and making them more fragile would make catching them slightly easier if used for continuos harass and more punishable by a palyer active on the map. Increasing their speed on creep keep them able to deal with turtle players because in a turtling situation you have the needed space and time to spread creep better and makes turtling more punishable by zerg in general. Making the locusts more fragile would mean that there is a possibility of trying to thin down the wave (say with storms, thors, liberatos, archons, whatever) easier but the increased dps will ensure that if caught completely unawares and outmaneuvred, a couple of defensive units will not be able to fully deal with them and they will be more punishing if you are able to completely deny all information and catch the opponent off guard.

But ulitmately I don’t know, that just my two cents.

Remove the necessity of free units by nerfing marines, medivacs and tanks; immortals, archons, storm and carriers. Alternatively, buff zerg core units so they can compete with said units without the need for free units - mutalisks, hydras, corruptors, etc.

5 Likes

So you are Rbt?. It all makes sense.

2 Likes

I am simply pointing out that they exist for very good reasons - that Terran and protoss have equally as powerful mechanics. If you refuse to acknowledge the fact that free units exist for a very good reason then you are just crying to have zerg deleted.

8 Likes

Free units cost 0 minerals, 0 gas and 0 energy.

How many Zerg units are actually free?.

2 Likes

Leave them as is.

Because you don’t like a unit doesn’t mean it has to get changed so you can have an easier time on the ladder. Sorry, that’s not how it works :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2:.

5 Likes

Trash unit, delete it.

2 Likes

I think Swarm Host have no salvation, just delete them from the game and it would be much better.

1 Like

ok so only bl/inf or nydus all-in, other cheese. another play style less.

Remove the poorly designed unit. have the lurker take its place.

I wouldnt mind seeing them buff the Swarm host with the ability to move while burrowed.

And how do you plan to buff zergs other harassment optio

3 Likes

I would completely redesign the unit to remove those damn holes.

Disgusting set of holes with twitchjng effs, ugh!!!

1.Locust cost 10 minerals to spawn.

1. Damage, attack speed, and HP reduction.

2. Allow Locust to attack air units while flying. (Turns swarm host into the zergs late game AA)

3. Locust cool down faster while in range of an allied creep tumor. (Helps make them not useless if used on the defensive, and encourages good creep spread)

1 Like

What if we make the unit a skin of siege tank so nobody else cries for the “free units”

Since locusts now cost money, have less health, attack and attack speed do they at least get to last until killed?

Also you would have to give them more range.