How would you redesign the SH?

I would remove the flying ability of the locust.

so now that i literally cannot harass with the swarm host, how do you propose to compensate the zerg?

avilo is that you? i dont think so the thing is they are an anti turtle unit, massing siege tanks is what is not fun to watch. Also i find them a unique unit idea and enjoy watching them for that.

Yep they are both the same. Also like I been saying before, look at the stuff he suggests, he doesnt want balance, he want to ensure that Zerg is the only playable race. Never have I seen someone on the forums playing what is now widely considered the strongest race and asking for more buffs.

1 Like

No. This is why HOTS sucked rectum and why the longest pro game ever was played in HOTS. It’s wrong and stupid. Rather remove the unit alltogether.

2 Likes

They want any units that doesn’t die to siege tanks and immortals to be nerfed because they only know how to a-move.

Make them like the Reaver. You load up Banelings into the thing and the Host fires them out of its back like an acid spewing rocket launcher.

1 Like

Zerg harassment is perfectly fine:

• Ling runby;
  • Bane runby;
  • Dropperlords;
  • Mutas;
  • Burrowed Roaches;
  • Spitting Corruptors;
  • Nydus.

Isn’t that plenty enough?

1 Like

I’d make them an actual siege unit.

Slow to deploy, once deployed they start churning out GROUND ONLY units that chip away at defenses with high health/low dps.

At this point, anything is better than the current clown fiesta that is the Swarm Host. Watching/playing games that involve this unit when combined with the nydus is the dumbest thing I’ve seen in sc2. I’d prefer the old one over this crap.

How would you determine if the SH is not well designed? Because you are smarter than anyone else?

no the old swarm host was infinitely worse. that + widow mine made me quit for a long time during hots…

Walls.
Walls.
Dropperlords? Srsly?
Mutas are a joke.
Walls.
Cant kill workers.
Everyone wants this nerfed too.

Lets compare to terran.
Proxy rax
Reaper harass
Bio drops
Liberator harass
Banshee harass
Battlecruiser rush
Hellion harass
Wm drop
Hellbat timing
Bio + tank harass

And thats not including the rarer stuff.

Dude, every harass in the game have counter play.

It is not simple as just “walls” and you know it. Mutas are actually good enough that players of GSl caliber get destroyed by it. You should watch more progames to see how potent Zerg harass actually is.

1 Like

Personally I might increase their cost slightly to 125m, 75g or something, or maybe even just their supply cost from 3 to 4.

Making locusts attack air units while airborne is a tad dangerous because one of the TvZ counters to Nydus/Swarm Host are Banshees. Truthfully they are incredibly annoying to deal with when they jump back and forth between two Nydus Worms, but you just have to do your best to keep your cool and let the Banshee do its work in sniping the worms and patrolling the outer regions. For Protoss, a Warp Prism and a Void Ray will usually do the trick - even Blink Stalkers if your micro is on point.

Truthfully I’m not sure how one can adjust the Swarm Host - when facing a heavy mech player, they’re almost essential because nothing Zerg has can really penetrate a Hellbat/Siege Tank/Thor line, especially if there are some Vikings mixed in to deal with Vipers and Brood Lords. Swarm Hosts can encourage friendly fire or take advantage of mech’s immobility by harassing an exposed base.

Are you joking ? Sh hasn’t nothing to do in game, in the first place. They never should create unit like this to begin with. Swarmhosts killed viewership in hots, when game was still alive…

2 Likes

I’d like to make it a scourge launcher. That way, infested marines could be nerfed. And the boring siege of SH would be gone

1 Like

See what I mean about the Zerg players on these forums? I’m more than willing to criticize the Battlecruisers as an easy to use and often get more value from their commitment.

The instant we turn the tables you see an outpouring of vitriol and cognitive dissonance.

2 Likes

Make them release scourges(with adequately balanced stats) instead, that way zerg gets something aside from IT spam to kill late-game air.

The more I think about the scourge thing for SH, the more I like it.

First, It could make both Spire And Pit viable mid-game strategies to defend drops and airplay harass.

Second, it would resolve the MASS free units thing. A Few SH for defense and/or Scouting would be nice. Thousand of them not so much. Furthermore, it could be a counter to mass air armies while being absolutely useless on the ground, which could lead to less turtle late game scenario.

1 Like

Holy deja vu batman! This is the third time you guys have had this EXACT SAME interaction. Not even kidding, down to thinking batz was democracy because he agrees about zerg being too reliant on free units. I remember because last time I was struck so hard by the deja by that I pointed it out. This time? I dont even know what to say, is this forum stuck in a time loop?

2 Likes