How to download a map from a battlenet:// link?

I came across this link (h t t p s ://sc2arcade.com/map/5/75263/versions) for a map that I don’t have, and I’d like to download it. There’s a Versions tab with a bunch of download links for the various versions of the map, but none of them work, however there’s also a link (battlenet : ://starcraft/map/5/75263), and I wonder if this is the answer for downloading it? But how do I make use of that link?

When I click it, Chrome asks if I want to allow the battle.net desktop app to open, and I click yes, but nothing happens. Is there somewhere else I can try using this link? Thanks!

I think you can try posting the battlenet link in a chat in the menus ingame, then once it’s turned into a link as a result, you could click it.
But I’m not sure if it’s exactly like that that it work :/

Thanks! I did try what you suggested, then it said the map isn’t available in my region, so I changed my region to both Asia and Europe to try, and still go the same message. So then I fired up my VPN to mock my physical location while also changing the region in the game settings again, but still same message, so something tells me the link is dead or something. Maybe I’m not doing something right, but if there are any other ideas, let me know. Thanks!!!

I searched for the map from the name in Custom Melee on EU server, and got that link: battlenet:://starcraft/map/2/202080

Alternative way to get the map (especially if you plan to modify it): try looking for it within the map editor.
You may even be able to connect to servers you can’t access from Battle.net that way (at least there’s no Asia option, just KR for korea and CN for China, I never actually tried to log into those 2 to check if it work though)

1 Like

Wicked! Thanks a lot for your assistance!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.