How good is Fenix P2 and P3?

I can understand that P2 is more geared towards the champions than Fenix’s army.
Hard to control but explosive increase in Tactical Web makes champions drastically powerful (You can make them like Tychus).

However I can’t guess how P3 is good. I guess it is focused on Champion like P2. +100% Avenging Protocol and 75% discount is good yes but doesn’t decreased HP and range makes them much harder to control? It’s like an alternative P2 but harder to control (and I don’t see how +100% avenging protocol is anywhere as good as +200% Tactical Web).

1 Like

P2 is very good vs Ground comp, somewhat weak to Air comp but not too much.

P3 is overall weak for 2 reasons: Avenging Protocol is not very good on units that are far back - and you can lose some stacks - and you may get your Champion transfered to that specific units - and you lose your early power by a lot with no a real gain in lategame.

Unless against a mutation, No prestige is overall the most efficient way to play him. A real shame since cool concepts were posted here.

3 Likes

I guess Fenix has his work cut out for him. Would be nice if Clolarion’s Solar Beam would also benefit (since quite lot of people are asking for his buff).

Yeah that’s what I thought. This prestige is hard to use without real benefits.

P3 isn’t too bad if you like the general play style of P2, but want his actual army to be useful. Fenix has one of the most potent and easy A-move death ball armies. Cast a guardian shell, then send everyone in. P3 can make getting to the death ball easier, since heros can carry a bit more in the early game without affecting your economy, and still serve as a meat shield for the rest of your army, preserving your units.

And that’s probably the biggest problem with P3. It’s very similar to P0; rely on heros until you get your death ball rolling. And while it makes this process easier and with less risk attached (losing the Warbringer won’t set back your economy that much), it still essentially plays the same. And unfortunately, his P1 does this better with his increased stats letting him solo most attack waves and enemy bases; thus allowing your death ball to keep growing unperturbed.

As for P2, it’s something different and fun to use, thus giving it merit.

P3 buffs are not that big, yes, but it also doesn’t turn your other units to complete garbage like P2, P3 disadvantages are almost unnoticable.
No additional micro needed at P3, you’re just A-moving same as on P0.

I think p3 is kinda just a (very small) flat upgrade over p0. Especially for mass carrier styles where you ground units will be dying quite a lot, but especially Talis who becomes only 25/10 to replace.

That said, the best prestige for standard Brutal with Fenix is p1, and will remain so until they fix the no-cd arbiter bug.

What bug. There is no Arbiter bug. Everything is working as intended. :slight_smile:
(Blizzard please don’t fix it)

7 Likes

Ahh come on, the game’s officially in maintenance, let’s just leave it. :crazy_face:

Though it seems just like them to fix this bug before they fix the much more important H&H mastery bug.

2 Likes

My stats with Fenix are typically best on P2.

Nice thing about P2 is that if you put all champions in a control group and 1 dies, you simply need hit the control group number again and the new champion shells automatically join the control group.

Kaldaris is a one man wrecking crew on P2. If P2 has a weakness relative to P0/P1 it’s anti air. Yes Mojo / Talis have good AoE, and P2 Warbringer maxed out can one shot a battlecruiser I believe; but Kaldaris the star of P2 is useless against mass air. I think P0/P1 with a lot of adepts / scouts is superior to P2 in the anti air department.

P3 is for something like mass adepts or mass carriers. Or 1 champion/ unit type on the ground and 1 champion/unit type in the air; immortal/ scout + Kaldaris is good on P3.

Honestly P3 is kind of meme build.

2 Likes

Extra tip there, for people who have issues with the champs staying in your shell control group as well, select your champ control group (let’s say it’s 1), then hold alt and hit the number again (so Alt + 1 in this case).

Alt + # removes the selected units from any other control groups as well as assigning it to the #.

I’m not sure how many people know about the alt key control group function, I just figured I’d bring it up… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I was just thinking about this

Did they end up fixing the Mothership key bug for Alarak’s user using grid hotkeys?

Yes they did.

Filler

1 Like

They also fixed Han Horner P1 (except Hellbat immolation cannot harm enemies anymore).

Looks like 5.0.5 report neglected to write every bugs they fixed.

Strange, mine still isn’t fixed but it looks like it was fixed in Maguro Map

That’s great, I should retest Alarak then.

the arbiter suit is not an armor suit. it says “armor suits cooldowns increased…”

Just spam adepts. Ideally you’re getting 20 or so Gates with Fenix.

Again didn’t say the prestige couldn’t handle air. But 20 adepts on P0, 1, and 3 are going to be a lot stronger than 1/2 damage and 1/2 HP adepts on P2. Even with better Talis/ Mojo and better Warbringer purification blast P2 is not going to be as good against air against P0/P1/P3.

Is it viable against air? Yes but it’s weaker than standard Fenix.

Which is fine, prestige should have trade offs. With super Kaldaris P2 is stronger against ground units and hybrids.

2 Likes

Given that they have now thrice failed to do Zagara right, I think that even if they tried to fix Fenix they would still fail.

To people who used Fenix P3 I want to ask.

If Fenix P3 enables less powerful Avenging protocol (40% potency) to Fenix’s army when one of his champion dies how useful would it be?

Ps, It would be similar to Oil Baron (to a lesser degree? Oil Baron gives +20 Hp per sec +200% attack speed at max)

Hmmm, alright. I’ll make some demo and produce it soon.

really? like who? I don’t think animation wouldn’t matter with attack speed. SC2 isn’t really like SC where animation do affect attack speed.