How do I start SC2 on my 2nd External Monitor?

This is probably a stupid thing, but every time I start SC2 it first pops up on my laptop screen. I go to Options → Display Mode → Windowed → Accept, then drag the window onto my larger screen, then reverse the above to get back to Windowed (Full Screen). Its only a few seconds but feels cumbersome. Is there a way to have SC2 start on my 2nd monitor by default.

Thanks!

You may be able to change the 1st and 2nd display in your system or graphic card options.
And if you don’t really need to have all displays at the same time, just turning off the laptop display may work too.

2 Likes

Starcraft II will by default launch on the monitor that is set as your Primary display in Windows. If you want to set your external monitor to the Primary display then that will get the game to always launch there.

You can change this by right-clicking the Desktop, going to Display Settings, then select the external monitor and click “Make this my main display”

Alternatively if you want to keep the laptop display as the Primary you can use a Windows keybind to swap the game to the second monitor. After the game launches press Windows key + Shift + Left Arrow or Right Arrow to swap the program to the other display.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.