How Do I enable "Slow"/"Slower" game speeds?

Hi,

I am having trouble with some achievements. Some people suggested slowing down the speed to “slow”/“slower”, but my setup only allows “normal”. Are game speeds tied to the difficulty level - aka become available on hard/brutal?

Yes, but in the opposite way. Harder difficulties are limited to the higher speeds.

Well odd then. I am playing on normal, but the left most speed indicator is normal. I cannot access slow or slower.

You can’t go that slow.

To go slower, you’d need to play on Casual.

4 Likes

You should be able to access ‘slow’ at least if memory serves. Another possibility (which is just a hypothesis) is that you need to start the mission in that difficulty already and not restart the mission (while in a mission) on a different difficulty.

Testing Game Speeds with [difficulty].

Game speed options change with the expansions. Man this makes my head spin. On Terans you can go to slower - on the others you cannot.

Wings of Liberty

• [Casual] slower, slow, normal, fast, faster
  • [Normal] Slower, slow, normal, fast, faster
  • [Hard] fast, faster
  • [Brutal] no option – assume faster

Heart of the Swarm / Legacy of the Void/W.o.Oblivion

• [Casual] slow, normal, fast, faster
  • [Normal] slow, normal, fast, faster
  • [Hard] fast, faster

Legacy of the Void - Main Story/Epilog – Nova

• [Casual] slow, normal, fast, faster
  • [Normal] normal, fast, faster
  • [Hard] fast, faster

TL/DR @Kyrie Starting with Legacy of the Void Main Story slow mode is no longer available. Slower mode only for the Terran missions. Slow for Heart of the Swarm – This is not really intuitive and caused me some headache.

You can just edited your post. You don’t have to delete it and write a new one.

Also, while I agree that the inconsistency is real and can cause a headache, this is a very minor issue. Most people either go causal in order to win or just grit through it. I guess that’s why nobody care to make it intuitive.

I wish there was a speed setting used in starcraft 1 :blush:

The initial post mentioned achievements though, so lowering the difficulty may not be an option.

Yes, but I was talking about why Blizzard of old didn’t make it consistent. My guess is that most people don’t have any problem with it.