How are players who are clearly underdeveloped getting Plat & Diamond

I’ve noticed a lot of players lately ranked as Plat and Diamond but clearly their skillset is more of silver or bronze even. How is this happening?

Cheese, volatility, an advantage can be blown up in just seconds, etc.

1 Like

People at gold silver and bronze are way way worse than what you see. I’m diamond at around 3,8-4k and I consider myself a bad player, you can see replays of mine and you will see amoves, throws, missmicros…
Being on a league does not mean you must play like X, it just means people under you are worse.

and this

Ladder is filled with onetrick players, some of them climb by using certain builds instead of climbing by improving their mechanics, so they end in a higher league and they do clown things there so they must improve or will lose mmr.

5 Likes

Dead game… 20 chars

The most frequent answers could be them offracing, trying to play macro while being used to cheese, or taking the game back after a long break.

This put aside, some accounts are shared (I’ve seen a smurf D1-M3 upping a platinum account, and then letting it for his little brother) ; and there have been some cases of boosting. Also, some hackers’ software might not work anymore in the most recent versions of the game. :thinking:

1 Like

Dead since 2011 according to these forums

2 Likes

And Ladder allows those one-trick ponies to thrive. The moment such garbage does a BO3 or BO5 they are deflated cruelly.

1 Like

Cheese. if you play 200 games and with 55% with cheese your’e diamond. Every toss i come across does cannon rush, or mass void, this zerg says ty for free win.

I play, there is a protoss that goes for a proxy void ray and a protoss going for cannon rush. Thats an answer to you?

easy. they play protoss

1 Like

If it ez protoss be first gm place

Protoss… it boost the league…

In case this isn’t bait from someone’s alt account, there are a few factors

1. “good” is relative, while you think Plat and Diamond are bad, it’s even worse down there.
  2. Ladder does not derank. If i get lucky one day and hit a higher league, I won’t be eligible to be demoted regardless of how poorly I do, until next season
3 Likes

You can play poorly and get demoted by low MMR, isn’t that right?
If you stop playing rankeds, then your league is conserved, even if you lose MMR.

cuz cheese, or just a lot of luck running into people way worse than them

you will not be demoted in the same season. You’ll get warning that your MMR is too low to sustain it for the next season.

Yes, that’s a fact, do you have any idea why the algorithm is built that way? I guess they should have a good reason for such behavior (not to derank during the season).

to encourage people from not reaching a rank and then stop playing, i’d imagine, in fear of losing that rank.

a lot of things are done because this game is hard and tons of people have ladder anxiety. Also why they made win/loss ratio harder to see and why unranked became a thing.

1 Like

dont worry you are ALLOT worse than you think you are.

i wish i could somehow tell you how terrible gold players are, i can get to gold with literally any strategy you can think of as terran.

1 Like

i think i could probably beat gold players with mass scv but that would be pushing it a bit, im not sure.