Harstem beats Maru 3-1

What a well played series by Harstem. I am just amazed by his sudden ability to beat the best Terran player to ever exist. The sudden and rapid improvement of many Protoss players, like Harstem, is truly admirable. They were stuck in the territory of “no name” land but rolled up their sleeves and BAM decided to wreck the pro scene. I can’t wait to see more of these players in tournaments. I definitely haven’t had enough yet and want some more - it’s great to see some new faces! If I see them in tournaments, I will be cheering for them!

14 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Good one

1 Like

What a clown!.
In 2010 Tyson beat to a pulp Muhamed Ali (in whelchair)…
Why the sane part of this forum can’t report this trumpist scumbag to extinction?

Imagine the mod’s confusion when a post that praises a pro player’s amazing achievements is removed for being “inappropriate” or “trolling” or whatever you guys decide to flag it as. Sorry but stop drinking the hatorade - Harstem and other Protoss are playing amazing and this thread is to cheer them on! I LOVE sc2!

1 Like

Maru was playing with huge ping though but Maru should be the one to win even with 1k ping.

3 Likes

The Korean qualifiers haven’t even happened yet. Koreans beating Europeans on the European server rarely happens, and for good reason. The ping makes it almost unplayable.

1 Like

The koreans better watch out. EU protoss gonna take the korean qualifier slots. They’ve been working hard and have the skill/performance to show it.

And then he won against Maxpax 3-0. Maxpax is a better player than Harstem so if Maru won against him maybe lost against Harstem because he played worse than Harstem.

T is race that is more afffected by ping, and then there is the different timezones, I don’t know how it was for KR players but I imagine it was a lot, looking at liquipedia it says the tournament started at 18:00 CEST, that means KR players will be starting the tournament at 2:00 AM because they have a 8h difference respect to that EU timezone. So I guess mistakes can happen and you can’t really relax.

Link to the VOD

Twitch

Here is Harstem’s POV

My opinion is that Maru didn’t play well in those games, nothing spectacular so I don’t know why the result should have been different…only because he is Maru?.Even the best players can lose sometimes. And we don’t know the weight of new maps yet.

3 Likes

Im actually glad this didnt get picked up by the terran whiners (even tho notorious balance whinier seizon showed up). Not even in the pro terran streams this was a huge upset.

As uthermal stated on his streams a few days ago: zerg doesnt get affected that much by ping (thats why batzy is so weirded out by the idea of losing due to ping; his 12 pool worker rush doesnt get affected in the slightest) but for terran its a complete nightmare to play with ping. And maru rarely plays small online cups, so i guess he isnt used to it that much. Other korean pros take weeks of practise to be able to play on eu with that much lag.

But yeah in the end he whopped maxpax and qualified. Maybe he adjusted accordingly or took it a bit more serious.

2 Likes

Maru is too old to play StarCraft 2
Maybe AOE 4 will be better choice for him

Imagine reporting a player because he praises the sudden drastic improvement of every protoss player they achieved through hard work. This man is giving compliments to the people who deserve it.

1 Like

Protoss are born talents.

They know which race when they start sc2 applies to their talents and they pick it. They become super humans and these 7 year old career pro player scrubs can only watch and learn from the 1-2 year mega pro players playing protoss

Maybe the forum still exists until they admit that this race is just made to win, become pro, etc in no time. And that is undeniable. Yes, admit it, never.

It is not to say that KR SKILL and Pro players aren’t degrading to the level of foreigners there is no more ‘Unbeatable Korean players’… but if this wasnt the race… MARU SHOULD BE SHOVING THE WIN OFF WHILE SLEEP PLAYING

Now I know some PPP trolls that use few brain cells will think in most literal way ‘Omg he thinks Terran should be winning while sleep-playing with closed eyes’ - you get the point and that is, if Protoss didnt diminish the skill difference OFF SHAPE MARU should still beat in-shape Harstem. at least until he goes to service

2 Likes

Unfortunate that the korean server still has ample terrans and a few zergs. Maru should play on the EU server so he can just play against protoss all day.

No,lol. The one who plays better is the one who wins,names does not matter.

1 Like

Yeah it’s just amazing the types of “characters” that are on these forums. On reddit, I get reactions such as this basically all the time:

“Holy !@#$ that was almost artistic the way you phrased that.”

I am actually a bit offended that he said “almost”. Still, many cuts above the “characters” on these forums who spit insults and rally others to use the “report” feature to harass constructive posters. All I did was compliment all the amazing Protoss professionals for working hard and smashing Maru 3-1 and they called me a “clown” and called for me to be banned! They are “characters” indeed!

2 Likes

i like Batz is selectively ignoring when the argument is not in favor of him

2 Likes

I don’t see insults here, just statement of facts. One can’t call a gutter-rat a fluffy kitten just because the rat’s sensibility is affected.
Clearing this forum from toxic obnoxious bugs like you requires a collaborative effort from the sane part of this community.
Hence my call for reporting your drivel that is just hate against one third of this community.

No one will miss a character of your type.

Today I leaned that giving compliments is considered “hate against one third of this community”

1 Like

If this is what you think of as clever sarcasm, you may wish to go back to the basics.

1 Like

The delightful Protoss community uses their immense creativity, normally harnessed to create ingenious new builds, in their interpretations of words. You didn’t know a cannon could fit back there in the corner of your natural, and you didn’t know compliments could be hate! Amazing! True genius!

3 Likes