Hackers in the NA server

There are 2 Hackers on the north American server, Elixer and slayer, that have custom broken games that are crashing players bnet connection. i have pictures if any devs want to see. Their games dont have any patches reviews descriptions or anything really. They have just ruined the na server. Please investigate this, my group is going over to eu server until its fixed. Additional informatio as follows 2 more players avilo and SamHyde also have made those lobbies the lobbies say 1v1 yet dont time out. A friend recognized one of the players and mention they are a troll that has threatened to ruin parasite and apex rp in the starcraft arcade.

18 Likes

Confirmed, Custom games insta crashed when lobby list comes up.

Work around found so can still play games but this must be addressed ASAP,

Use Player Game history to launch lobby, and use friend list to join without using custom game lobby list which atm.

@Staff #Staff

8 Likes

I was warned ahead of time, but still. Bruh.

4 Likes

Issue is still ongoing. Can ā€œopenā€ the custom tab, but nothing loads and my game crashes.

3 Likes

ā€¦I believe it may be connected to a player named ā€œHighVoltageā€, who has been known to do this kind of thing consistently, he does this by use of memory leaks, I believe. He steals accounts that have gone unused for years. He has been a problem to many communities so Iā€™ve heard, but if this isnā€™t him, its someone likely using the same methods of creating image load prompts that memory leak en mass.

I happened to catch the list before the problem got severe, I saw an image where the lobby title was supposed to go in a single lobby. I imagine thats now spammed. This is also a problem in several map reviews and that review imaging is known to explicitly be by ā€œHighVoltageā€.

If at all possible, try to avoid looking at lobbies list. In theory offline mode can be used to bypass by going into offline mode, clicking to a different arcade tab, then going online again. But I have a stable setup by coincidence, so Iā€™d ask someone to try that so I can maintain my capacity to game.

7 Likes

STAFF. Custom tab keeps crashing

6 Likes

Hurry up stormgate, Bobby Kotick would rather buy t!tty milk than keep his devs

3 Likes

Yeah, this is correct. They uploaded maps that contained the same html text to brick the reviews section of many other games. You can see the maps they uploaded in the Starcraft II Arcade database that have a bunch of special characters in them.

Chances are, that narcissist is going to show up here and gloat about it while acting innocuous, I would know. Just donā€™t engage in conversation with that prick. He just wants to do it for attention that he doesnā€™t get in real life.

3 Likes

battlenet:://starcraft/map/1/357305 this is the arcade. report it

1 Like

That doesnā€™t even work now, my game froze in the history tab

1 Like

I happen to be in a parasite discord and lo and behold, highvoltage is in there. I havenā€™t seen anything inside the discord that alludes to it being behind anyone inside it, but it does confirm that this guy is indeed malicious. He has a post for a program he created to circumvent bans. I took a screenshot assuming ill get banned if they are behind it because theyā€™ll see Iā€™d have posted here lol

Crazy if they are though, insane the amount of toxicity parasite created

I thought it was my problem, I reinstalled the game and was still not working. should have come here to check first :joy:

2 Likes

Great, I thought it was just me since I was testing a custom arcade map. If only Blizzard actually monitored these forumsā€¦

1 Like

Temporary fix for custom at: Custom Games not loading Temp Fix

1 Like

Thanks. Simple and safe workaround. Unless this person is operating through tor somehow or something, I expect they wonā€™t like the results of their actions. lol

htt ps://imgur.com/a/ZgAUEAV

posts in screenshot are by highvoltage

several people have mentioned a workaround but i couldnt find it in this threat so im state one that worked for me:
instead first click ā€˜campaignā€™ and then choose custom. from here you can create a game and instead of crashing youll just sit in your empty lobby since all players are crashing instead of finding your lobby. but you can just advertise in the chatroom /lobbylink

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft2/comments/1bcnxkn/sc2_going_not_responding_for_anyone_else/

This is what Iā€™d describe as next level thinking. I just clicked into custom and then to ā€œArcadeā€ before maps could load, but I would recommend this method if your computer is loading the lobbies faster than you can click away.

1 Like

This issue needs to be addressed, and QUICKLY, custom games is a crucial part of sc2, and without it, it isnt really sc2 anymore

3 Likes