Custom Game Menu Freeze

When I go to the custom games tab, the game freezes before any lobbies can load up. The mouse still moves but all game interface shuts down, cannot even bring task manager over the game i have to restart my computer.
Many other players in general chat are experiencing the same problem, I did not see this posted here so I wanted to make sure Blizzard was aware so the problem could be resolved.

9 Likes

Same issue happening here. I saw a couple other similar posts in the last hour or two as well. Hopefully something is done :frowning: Need SC2 custom games in my life!

1 Like

Same here! same exact problem

1 Like

It’s this, have a look.

2 Likes

Yes having this exact issue. There was only a single lobby visible with a curious name that was likely the hacker. Custom lobby screen completely crashes and I need to shut down manually.

1 Like

Same issue here hopefully blizz can fix soon

1 Like

Temporary workaround here Custom Games not loading Temp Fix

1 Like

Same issue here hopefully fix soon

Basically this is more then a “few hackers” this is a deep exploit which can potentially get worse. Steer clear alltogether of the Arcade till someone from Blizzard wakes up and realizes we are still here.

I’m experiencing exactly the same as everyone here has described. Only difference is that I can close the game and try to restart it because I set my task manager to always show at front. Edit: Seems it has been patched already. I downloaded an update this morning, and can play now.

Just started happening again a bit ago sometime between 2-3 AM EST. Map name starts with “Compromised Machines Pastebin”. Only seems to happen when loading custom tab.

Same issue happening here. I saw a couple other similar posts in the last hour or two as well. Hopefully something is done :frowning: Need SC2 custom games in my life!

1 Like

Had this problem a couple of days ago, reinstalling fixed it but it came back again today.

The guy is back again who is so salty about being banned and now makes a room that makes people’s games crash. Honestly, he’s good to be able to make this virus but with a kid attitude. Probably a Gen Z.

1 Like

Yup, everything else works, soon as i click custom games starcraft freezes up everything.
Scanned the can for repairs, triple checked update etc etc. Custom games is broken.
A big f to the cry baby that did this.

1 Like

Yes this is happening to me as well.

I try to close the program after hitting the start menu button on my keyboard. Application won’t close. I try to go to the Task Manager and the game application won’t minimize to allow me to look at the Task Manager. I only have access to the Start Menu and I have to force my computer to shut down or restart in lieu of closing out Starcraft.

1 Like

Same thing for me. Had to reset computer 3 times before looking this up.

If anyone still wants to play you can click campaign then custom right next to it and look for lobbies for the game you want to play

1 Like

actual life saver lmao

Do not open the arcade theres been confirmed rumors that those maps thatre crashing/freezing the game are harvesting ips and potentially putting viruses on your computer via an external source.

1 Like

apparently i cant play the game, it crashes the whole game for some reason. even the campaign