GSL Super Tournament Pronostic

Thors are really good, but it means they are an awesome target for your neurals.BL-inf is still a powerful thing.Or blinding clouds on them, or hookin them with your group of vipers.

Aww but forum terrans would have us believe terran was underpowered after katowice, despite even racial distribution in the round of 8 and a 50+% winrate.

Which is it terrans?

1 Like

We need to see new players, new names.
I need to up my game.

Why are you whining so much?

Because after Katowice terrans still had not won a premier tournament after zerg had won 7 in a row.

This win is a blessing, and a 4-3 win also means the balance team seemingly is on the right track.

1 Like

doesn’t matter. the winrates across the board rose to balanced and even slightly high for terran. it was only a matter of time before terran won a tournament, despite losing at katowice (where again, they actually beat zerg 56% of the time). and yet what did we get? WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE.

well guess what? if anything GSL shows that terran win rates are only IMPROVING as time goes on. HSC was 52% TvZ. Katowice was 56%. and GSL is nearly 65%. so stop complaining. TERRAN IS CLEARLY FINE DESPITE TERRAN DELUSIONS.
Terrans whined that terran was UP after Katowice left right and center, and said the sky was falling.
i called them, including you, out on it. you whine terrans said that katowice wasn’t enough and that terran was still underpowered and needed buffs. well if thats the case what does GSL mean for balance? lets see

Terran won. Terran had 3 people in the round of 8 instead of 2. and terran won over 60% of all non mirror matchups. clearly those numbers tell us terran is doing just fine. so stop the bullcrap whining.

funny how not even a month ago balance was a big concern and an issue, and now you want to say its on the right track. tell me CrusaderWhineKing, what changed balance wise between Katowice and GSL?

OH WAIT. NOTHING. NOTHING FRIGGEN CHANGED. SO maybe you whine terrans need to get it through your thick skull that balance doesn’t mean terran wins the tournament.

1 Like

I have not whined since Maru, a terran, finally won a super tournament since 2011. That’s great, I’m content.

What changed was the final rounds where terran actually won a tournament, after zerg won 7+ in a row.

If zerg had won another tournament, we would have had 8 premier tournament wins in a row go to zerg, of course this changes things.

Get over yourself mate. You read too much into this. I’m happy that Maru won and that zerg doesn’t get their 8th premier tournament win in a row. Are you discontent?

1 Like

you whined literally all month long that terran was weak and needed love. what changed? nothing. despite that, terrans showed a dominant performance in GSL Super tournament.
furthermore just because a terran hasn’t won a super since 2011 doesn’t mean m uch considering how many Code S have they won?

a whole bunch of them. so yeah. they didn’t win a tournament that happens maybe twice a year, but they cleaned house in the Code S didn’t they?

what changed balance wise? not a dang thing. and if they did balance change like you whined for left right and center, we would be looking at needing even more balance changes now because terrans, despite not getting the changes they whined their butts off for, won over 60% of all non mirror matchups. can you imagine how much they would have won if they nerfed zerg and protoss and buffed terran?

yeah. waah whine terran.

no it really doesn’t. we had a balance patch 3 tournaments ago. the winrates in all have been relatively balanced and the only changes that really need is some love for protoss. if anything the win rates are getting more and more terran slanted as the tournaments progress but you don’t see me asking to nerf terran do you? by my math terran winrates in tvz alone have risen 12% since the first tournament. by terran logic that would mean i should expect terran to win 70% of their games in the next tournament against zerg and be asking for them to be nerfed. but i’m not that shortsighted.

Get over yourself mate, you whine terrans are friggen ridiculous.

no i’m not friggen discontent. i’m tired of you pathetic whine terrans. if you had your way terran would be winning 80% of non mirror matchups and calling it balanced.

oh, i want to call attention to this. i said what changed BALANCE WISE. and you said a terran won.
their you have it boys. a terran won’t be happy until terran wins every tournament. doesn’t matter what the rest of the numbers say. terran has to win for balance to be achieved. right out of the terrans mouth.

Firstly, I disagree with your definition of whine. Either we both whined or neither, but in no reality was I whining and you weren’t.

Secondly, Premier tournament wins changed, and that’s huge.

What are you talking about, I’m happy terran won 1 tournament in the last 8. That’s not a 80% win rate, that’s 12.5%.

You did it CrusaderKing you broke Cauthon he’s now going in circles! What’s changed in 3 months plenty. Terran players realized mech is trash verse Zerg and went back to tried and tested bio multiprongs. I’m also neglecting to say this was a super tournament win, this was more like a code S. With the spread out tournaments they were able to play the player not the race. This could explain Terrans dominance compared to a usual weekend tournament.

3 Likes

and how many balance changes were achieved to get this result between katowice and gsl?
go ahead. how many?

no. terran has won 33% of tournaments since the balance changes. waah. logic.

i’m going in circles? whine terrans are literally using tournament wins to justify balance now. ignore everything else.tournament wins are all that matters. terran fanboy logic.

1 Like

Circles. I think you need to take a look at the most popular/upvoted threads they tend to be Protoss whine at the moment.

1 Like

I legit don’t know why you’re so upset. Be happy Terran won a premier tournament after a 4-3 close game with zerg. That’s a pretty good indicator of up and coming decent balance.

Thrasher is right, you’re just running in circles at this point. What’s wrong with just saying “Ya, terran won today and it appears they are becoming more balanced than the previous patch” and leave it that?

1 Like

go look at almost a month ago right after katowice ended. terran whine literally every where.

the problem is that if you terran fans had gotten your way, terran would be even stronger because despite the fact that winrates were in your favor at katowice, you cried just on the grounds you didn’t win the friggen tournament.

if blizzard had listened to YOU and YOUR FELLOW FLOCK OF WHINE TERRANS, zerg and protoss would have been nerfed, and terran would have been buffed, and terran would be over the top right now.
THE ENTIRE POINT I’M TRYING TO GET ACROSS IS THAT YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THE WHOLE FRIGGEN PICTURE before whining and crying for balance changes, isntead of just who won the dang game.

That’s not true at all. I was a proponent for waiting and seeing how terrans did in GSL scene after the last patch. I think your projections are just what you wish was the case, not the actual case. You should take the rest of the day to rest and clear your head. You’re overthinking this.

1 Like

your responses here seem to begger disbelief.

in this thread you make claims like nothing has really changed, when in fact winrates for terran rose drastically, from the mid 40s to the mid 50s. that is in fact a huge change.
you claim that the round of 8 and round of 4 are still hard for terrans to break into, despite the piles of evidence from HSC and Katowice showing terran actually doing well in both tournaments and having balanced representation in both tournaments.

i could go on. but i think your own post history shows evidence otehrwise.

This is a quote from that thread. And I did wait, and this tournament proved a good one. This thread backs up what I’ve been saying.

you go on to talk about lack of terran spots in the round of 8 and round of 4 in general, while evidence points otherwise. my point, is you, and your fellow whine terrans, love to ignore the plethora of evidence that terran was doing fine.

I disagree, as I simply did not whine in the fashion you wish I had. Sorry to burst your bubble. You projecting my stances is ridiculous. I told you my stance, you ignored it, and you started bashing stances you projected on me. Go find a different terran who moreso shares the line of thinking you wish to confront.