GSL Ro4 results

Nothing surprising. Protoss is still incredibly imba. Even our best player, TY, can’t compete much with Stats, one of the most predictable player there is. The main problem is seen in the last game. Even if dt rush fails, Protoss is still ahead…

Terran needs heavy buffs, can’t even make it to finals…

3 Likes

Stats is a better player than TY.

18 Likes

Even though I dont think toss late game is OP, I will admit that Stats made it look OP. I definitely thought he would lose game 6.

2 Likes

I believe its time for Terran to revolutionize how they play. They are best suited as a blockading force, to starve the enemy, and force the enemy to trade inefficiently against pre-spread units with ravens for anti armor and disable support.

Terran isn’t quick like zerg on creep to rush back home, or like protoss for immediate recall. Zerg and Protoss can call in reinforcements quickly. Larvae and Warpgate/Prisms can punch in reinforcements instantaneously.

This means terran’s priority isn’t to strike a position, but to hold a position. Strikes should be secondary. And in this way, terran can split and make a medium sized force push back or fend off a large force if you spread units and hold position correctly.

Also, it doesn’t hurt to have marines patrol (about 4-6) on the battlefield mid line, side lines, corners, and mid-sides throughout early and mid game.

The longer the game goes, the more terran loses their edge. However, terran can blockade the enemy preventing them from expanding and forcing them to break through them. So its a reverse turtle. I’m a terran player, my portrait is supposed to be a banshee, idk why its protoss at the moment LOL.

Ravens save scans. Literally 1 200 gas unit can save the lives of many units, they make the composition that much more effective (as long as you dont A-move/move command into the enemy).

Always send 1-2 marines out and wait 5 seconds before sending out main force. When the vanguard spots the enemy, siege half to most tanks, and spread bio and hold position in front of tanks. Bait with a few units, and scouts on flanks of main force, macro home and build another army size force.

Terran isn’t supposed to mass into one army and attack. Terran is supposed to have cost effective mid-size armies that can reposition and hold position. Think of it like dual wielding, or having a shield, sword, and dagger as a back up.

Other than the SCV terran units can shoot from afar off. Balling up into an attack will damage your units and shorten their life span and lessening their overall damage before death. Then they try to micro back fire, micro back fire, which is not effective. Spread out your bio then hold position, lure, and splash damage with tanks vs debuffed armored enemies due to raven, or anti-dps/disabler due to raven. Stim your bio after the enemy engages you, and or only stim the vanguard units to bring the enemy back into you into range. Their a move will ripple throughout your spread units, caught by splash and die. You a few times sometimes lose your force, but at the cost of the enemy losing most of theirs.

Terran controls the enemy, because you know what your opponent has to do, you are then always in command of the game.

As terran, never, ever attack with your entire army. Ever. Because if they die, home dies.

Holding positions forces the enemy to punch out units that can break it, that means YOU, the terran, controls the enemy’s decision making. Because if they try to by pass your blockade, your blockade turns into an assault, but you already have another force at home.

1 Like

It’s literally op. Even TY couldn’t win

I agree with most of this. the old way is just now working. maybe keeping a raven wiht your army is the thing to do. especially if going bio. you dont need as much gas as mech, and that raven can save a few scans (outside of scouting scans for mules. and it may even be better to send a few marines out for scouting instead.

I’ve been tryin a few things that seem to work but I don’t have the skill level of a pro to test it. Maybe ill become good enough to come up with some max pax strategy specific for playing aginst toss.

HAHAHAHA look at how entitled Terran has become! In a game with 3 races they feel entitled to have at least 1 of the 2 remaining slots in every GSL finals (or both slots in the case of last season).

I can’t blame them, Terran has been dominant for so long it does feel like they are guaranteed at least one seat at the finals. I myself almost forgot Protoss was allowed to win tournaments. With time I’m sure Shia will adjust to actual balance where occasionally the other 2 races actually compete for a tournament win and terran has to suffer long stretches without a GSL title of (checks calendar), 2 whole months since a TVT gsl final! Oh the horror!!!

5 Likes

Not even close, TY is an infinitely better and more compete player than stats will ever be

2 Likes

TY got massively outplayed and penetrated hard

find someone else to worship,little man

3 Likes

Only because he plays terran. TY is 177:728383838 times better than stats is

what do you mean predictable, as if terran will play something else, than 2 base push

1 Like

If ty is better than stats, why on aligulac stats is #6 and ty #8? Lemme guess Stats is an “B tier toss and abuses ez a move race”,amirite?

6 Likes

Yeah. Because Terran is currently used to dive in and try to rush back out. I do believe that blockading is the way to go. It is basically a thorn in the enemy’s mind.

Now I just need four brains so I can multitask and maintain the mid game everywhere with all the stuff that happens lol.

I’m confused, wasn’t your best player Inno, or it was the micro God Maru? Please be consistent, pick one and stick to him.

7 Likes

ah yes I remember when he praised maru as “goat”. I wonder what made him change his perspective on maru? Did maru lose to much in the recent tournaments or what?

Literally yes. The only reason stats is high on the list is because he is playing a broken race. If he played Terran, he would probably be about #50

1 Like

Maru is absolutely amazing but he isn’t the best at dealing with op broken Protoss. Ty is better at dealing with op Protoss. But even he cannot win the dreaded matchup

Yeah, yeah we know. If he played teran he’d be in top 50 and if you played protoss you’d be in masters. Still neither you’re in masters nor he is out of top 10.

2 Likes

Of course we aren’t, we are playing the race we are playing… your argument doesn’t make sense. Just admit it already. If you compare stats and TY as players, it’s not even close. Stats supply blocked and horrible map awareness so many times.

As long as you blame races for your losses instead of players you’d never be there, no matter the race you’re playing.

5 Likes