Great Example of Mixing in Viking/Liberator/Ghost

Vikings for colossus, ghosts for high templar, liberators for disruptors. Simple as that. It’s not rocket science, and this is why forum monkeys do not get taken seriously.

For game 2, as you can see, Terran still has options to surprise a Protoss opponent. Zest opened up relatively normal up until he proxied a gate. It shows that Terran can also take dumb risks like Protoss while not having to SCV scout and still win. It shows Protoss needs to scout Terran every game because things like this can happen. Terran can surprise Protoss. Terran can build on top of MMM to beat Protoss. Terran can stim F2 a move rally across the map just like Protoss F2 a moves their units. Protoss has storm. Terran has EMP. Storm is 2.85 seconds, EMP is instant (and takes off energy). I really could go on.

12 Likes

Just play like Byun… you know the guy that broke his wrists playing Terran… :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

9 Likes

You don’t know if his wrists are broken because he plays T or because he watches too many kpop videos . :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

3 Likes

They are the same thing… :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

If I was in a malevolent mood or if I wanted to impersonate Batz in a more sophisticated way I could also try to make a case that Byun started to play his best terran after he broke his wrists :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: .

Nice instructional video btw. Shows that the game is pretty balanced and all races have options.

4 Likes

And it is logical. It is what happen when one begins to use more the brain than the hands.
Those clowns have the caveman syndrome, they think that the objective should be reached by simply doing the same stupid thing …faster.
Protoss (and Byun in this case) use a different approach: objectives can be reached doing “less” but smarter.

3 Likes

Yup!

Protoss is the STRATEGIC race, so speed will only help you so much against them.
Terran players have to begin the transcendant transition from instinct-based muscle memory and twitch reflexes, to intellect-based planning and analysis of the opponent.

There is a short skill roof on that MMM stuff they do all the time. It has been figured out, and cannot fight expensive, advanced Protoss compositions, anymore.

RTS is not a genre for speed. Terrans have to learn that the Factory and Starport are 2 other production buildings, not a different race altogether.

5 Likes

In a fair game zest dies when he loses 14 workers to the 3rax at 5 minutes.

Fortunately for him protoss has mechanics that allow him to stay in the game until he forces 3 tech rotations of the terran. Shame he couldn’t do more with it.

2 Likes

THANKS FOR TEACHING PEOPLE WHAT UNIT COUNTERS WHAT NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT. LIKE I DONT KNOW THIS IVE BEEN WITH THE GAME SINCE 2010 HAVE YOU??

That’s what happens on paper… reality isn’t so. And Byun is… a pro with unusually good skills in controls.

Now do you see why you guys are forum GM’s ?? Teaching gold level tips the ones better than YOU!

:face_vomiting:

Here is a tip for you, you assume too much. You assume that because you saw one Terran losing with pure marine (and no medivacs) … that every Terran plays like t hat… :rofl:

And whoever actually uses the whole arsenal … must be winning 100% vs Protoss… no wait 55% !

What a place this is… where the ones that don’t even know make you and call you the clown whereas they speak general silver level stuff…

And the mods favor the trollleeetsssss, waste of energy and time

BNET FORUM LULZ the silver shelter

1 Like

No, I both just played against enough Terrans, and saw how most of them play in videos aswel.
Terrans, by and large, only know MMM, since WoL, and very few of them ever tried anything else.

Terran players legitimately (and scientifically verified) think of more than half of their unit roster, as a different race altogether.

That would already be an imbalanced outcome, if replicated around the general community. 55% winrate is strongly in favour of Terran, but I understand mathematics is hard, for Terran Cry Force members.

1 Like

The moron has such a sense of entitlement. He thinks that if he uses more than 3 units (MMM) he is entiteled to win…100%.
The imbecile considers deeply unfair to have a win-rate of 50% using the whole terran arsenal of units.
Enough said.

3 Likes

You don’t do liberators before the 8th minute, you don’t do ghost rushes!

MMM is standard because the design is so, that it is the only early way to win vs protoss, where terran has more chance. It’s been so since wol. You can’t expect it to start any different… Thats the game of terran,

The other way is mech which I consider not very good choice.

And no one is expecting to win when using all these units all the time… it is the stupidity that we somehow use only MMM and nothing else for 30 mins :man_facepalming: if thats what you are claiming in long games

2 Likes

Which is why you never win against Protoss, you still think you are playing WoL.
MMM is not standard, it is a stale and figured out strategy, from the early days of the game, that LotV purposefully introduced several units to counter (Disruptor, Lurker, Liberator) precisely because it was the ONLY THING Terrans ever did.

The game design has mnoved past the MMM boring microfest, Terran players have not.
I get it. It must have felt satisfying just being able to brute force through any strategy, from the other players, with just sheer speed. But that is not Strategy, and was a huge failure on WoL design.

1 Like

I love it when someone that hasnt played SC2 for quite some time not to say Terran when they are not terran teaches ME how to play , what I call GM posting

Idk what you call MMM - pure MMM? In 2017 I was going with a MMM tank push , was really good, 55% win rate.

Next patch came and wr dropped to 40% or less, for everyone. I got it that the same build was not gonna work anymore. I’ve been mostly following the builds at that time, the openers. Some time after that came the shield battery which gave Protoss the survivability they needed so it turned into late games.

Late games are as a fact known to be favoring protoss. Ive been playing with ghosts and libs, swithing to BC but that was rare and you cannot make it often unless they let you. Probably protoss eco grows exponentially, idk if maps also made it so, so no matter emp and other stuff Protoss just wins.

I’ve done wm drops… so MMM does not mean just going straight up bio and nothing else. It means doing those upgrades and mostly keeping bio not meching until late game to make the switch,. But whatever harasses failed -if the opponent wasnt very bad,. would be just auto win for them.

im really not the dumb terran you think i am , ive been watching upgrades on replays and performance, which is why I know when the opponent should have lost.

If terran goes heavy on bio units he is a noob who tries to win with the same tired MMM that has been figured out since WoL.

If terran goes light on bio units he is just a noob who thinks mech is “another race”.

These are simply FACTS–do not argue with me.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this up - its a great point. Yes, this is a great combination of units to deal with Protoss.

However it requires so much control that the average player cannot use it effectively.
Terran has to Siege the the Liberators, fire off the EMPS, burrow the mines, stim and kite with the Bio. Dodge the storms, dodge the disruptor shots, split the army. It requires hundreds of APM.

Protoss has to do much less to achieve much more damage. This is part of the problem.

However - you are absolutely right that Terran does have the tools to deal with Protoss if used flawlessly at the absolute highest level.

Protoss seems to be winning all of the major tournaments though…

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

LOL

I hope you were speaking sarcastically.

3 Likes

Great points as always.

Yes because burrowing mines, sieging liberators, and sieging tanks take SO MUCH EFFORT… Mate, they all take place before the fight begins. EMP takes the same effort as storm. The only high skill moves that come with regards to Terran is controlling bio - more specifically, splitting to take little to no damage from disruptors and minimizing damage from storms. It takes effort to not bleed too much against widow mines. It takes micro to not suicide nerfed zealots for no reason. The disruptor shots need to be micro’d against moving bio units.

My personal opinion: does Terran take more effort overall? Yes. Is it to the point that Protoss players deserve all the trash talk they’ve been receiving for the longest time? No.

3 Likes