Getting GM MMR is way easier than 2v2

Lol theres never been a point where 5500 was na gm cutoff playa… actually up till last year the cutoff was like 5200 for bottom level gm… its progressively going up bit by bit that being said we have less players 6 k + compared to kr and eu… big part of that is our players keep quitting… I personally know 3 6 k players on na… all they have to do is play their games and they have top 20ish gm… and they just have zero interest xD

1 Like

You’re talking to someone who has first hand experience. Trust me. I started LotV over a year after the game had been out, so I had to work myself up the ladder, as a horribad, again.

When I quit LotV the first time, I was a fringe player. You know, someone who was getting kicked from GM all the time, when on the “low side of variance.” That bar was 5500 MMR. If you were 5485 or something, you might get promoted back into GM the same day.

Getting GM or a high rank in GM was indescribably harder then. Simply being top 10k masters in WoL was a feel good. Now, NA barely even has that many active players.

Sad realities. This really isn’t a sustainable decline. You really do have to wonder about next year in regards to the pro scene.

Everyone would make fun of you if you ever had 5200 MMR or below when I quit the first time. There was nothing to be happy about.

1 Like

Is this a troll lol na gm has never been 5.5 consistently… it was for like a VERY brief period when they actually revealed mmr but as more 5.8-6.2 k players quit it opens it up more… its also why na doesnt have any 7 k players you’ve consistently been able to be low gm level at 5.250 I wouldnt be surprised if its gone up again tbh becuase guitarcheese has 4 accts in gm again… few others started playing again…

Decline? LOL you realize in the 5.33 days since this season started… theres a good 2 k players masters level already on na? thats considering that school starts here in like a week and a lot of people are busy… and that gm hasn’t opened yet… and a lot of people havent started grinding yet lol there were over 130 k unique players playing ones last season on na, Which is roughly 2-3 x what it ever was before free to play… That’s growth not decline…

Troll? I’ve been GM in like every season I’ve played, at one point or another, except maybe the first season of LotV I played. If I don’t know, why would you?

Heck, I reached 30th in GM my first season back after a year off, two seasons ago, and finished 41st last season, despite the instant leaves. I’d love to be like yeah bro, it’s cause I’m totally awesome.

There’s just no competition left. It’s just WCS players + streamers + players who never got GM before who want to get it or w/e. It’s a ghost town.

It totally looks like a game that isn’t going to “exist” next year. I’d love for the opposite to be true, to the max degree. But, right now, it’s not pretty.

Protech wasn’t boasting about his 1 vs 1 prowess in the past for a reason.

I don’t lie and I’m not misremembering.

Looking through my screenshots over the years, I have the picture that says it all.

A picture of me as the 100th ranked GM in 2017 with 5685 MMR: h ttps://pasteboard.co/Iuta83w.jpg

You know who finished 100th in GM last season? The real Avilo… His MMR? 5452.

In a game of alternative facts, I’m about the only guy still using real facts…

Because calling you a troll for incorrectly citing the mmr cap and saying also incorrectly that the game is in decline has anything to do with your rank…

Don’t take my word for it you can literally reference the actual stats (you know non anecdotal speculation) from here ht tps://www.rankedftw.com/

Yeah a game with consistently more players every season since f2p is totally going to die next year… Get real man… Lol.

Protech is just bad everyone knows it and hes not actually going to get gm he’s gonna flake out and find a trillion excuses why not to play when gm actually opens and people start actually grinding for it… notice how the post was 6 days ago? He’s claiming he knows what contender cap is… literally at the beginning of the season >.>

Never said you were lying I said you were trolling.

ht tps://www.rankedftw.com/team/408957/#td=world&ty=c&ra=best&tyz=0&tx=a&tl=1
If you actually look at the stats relative to the rank you’d understand that while you were at 5.6 you were actually 367th on the server (as theres a requirement of 30 games played without leaving league repeatedly to actually get gm?)

or 1 month later when you were 5517 you were 525th on the server.,…

Compare that with may this year when you were 5737 and you were 222nd on the server (same time of year) and theres a direct corelation

Its honestly pretty comparable, especially considering the fact that f2p brought more smurf accounts into play… which makes the mmr grind harder if you aren’t a literal top tier player (top 16)… Theres also other factors like… This last season it was lower yes… it was also summer which means more people are actually… Outside doing stuff gasp

Factor all that in with the additional fact you’re referencing a 2 month period and not actually doing a comparative analysis vs the same time period in another calendar year and yeah… It starts to look like you have no clue what you’re talking about… Congrats on gm but there is literally no correlation between getting gm and what you were talking about…

All that said I never said you were lying. Just that you’re dead wrong. And arguing without actually knowing what you’re talking about… Is trolling. Check facts next time pls. Like actual ones, not the anecdotes from your half baked memory :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dead wrong? I posted a picture where 5700 MMR barely got you 100th in GM, and now it’s always top 50. It’s patently obvious that 5500 MMR was borderline for being in GM then.

You know what coincided with free to play? Separate MMRs for races. Every single time someone plays another race, guess what happens? “Another ranked account added to the player base.”

The numbers are so artificial now. And free to play means anyone can/should play a sample game to know if they would enjoy playing or not. There’s no commitment. If you want to know how many players are actually sticking around, all one has to do is look at GM and see how it just keeps getting easier and easier to get GM, despite “more players playing.”

It’s plain as day. Why do you think everyone is getting fired or “leaving on their own” at Blizzard and why the “big names” in the know haven’t been optimistic? There’s just no reason for optimism atm. Neutral is about as good as it gets.

I got kicked from GM for falling a couple points under 5500 so many times… yet you want to talk about me being dead wrong. Your head is up your rear man.

Troll. Pathetic how you guys can say the dumbest and most incorrect stuff ever and then get others banned when they call you out on it. Sad world.

Btw, I insta left about 30 games in a row to tank my MMR to something like 5100 MMR. Using stats of mine from last season to indicate how much I fell is completely pointless. I had another account last season that finished with over 5800 MMR.

1 Like

You can tell that by analyzing a 2 month period quitting for 2 years then playing for 4 months? collectively 6 months analysis. It dips in the summer cause a lot of people are busy. And goes up again in the fall… Ie you’re looking at the wrong time of the year to compare to when you were playing… Kicked from gm so many times? in the first 2 month period or the 4 month period this year? the time frame you’re analyzing isnt close to long enough to reveal or reflect on any trends… Honestly just go back to making your “BaLaNcE CaNnOn RuShInG” posts at least its a funny meme when you do that… This is just sad and its clear you have no idea what you’re talking about lol. Your positioning relative to your mmr 2 years ago may… and this year may is the same… with more players in the playerbase… that’s considering probably 30 people between 5.8 and 6.2 k have quit since lotv came out… Eu players have literally been laughing at na for about 3 years for the threshold being about 5.2…
Also its not using stats of your win loss ratio its literally looking at what your mmr was at that point and your position in mmr relative to the rest of the region (server) like i said… You don’t even know how to check the facts Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I was kicked from GM nearly every freaking day when I first got GM in LotV. When I quit LotV years ago, same thing.

THE BIGGEST FREAKING REASON TO PLAY SC 2 NOW IS THAT YOU CAN’T GET KICKED NOW. 5300 MMR cut off when I restarted playing LotV months ago. 5500 cut off when I originally quit. It just keeps getting lower and lower.

There is GM on NA now like there was GM on SEA before the server quit. I’m sorry that you can’t get GM. You suck. Get over it. So does everyone else, myself included.

I’ve played the top players on ladder since 2013. There are no new faces. Just a lot of players missing and a bunch games vs noobs now. Actually, after all these years… Pattymac is the only new face on NA.

Here’s what 5800 MMR got you in 2017: h ttps://imgur.com/a/u6Z30LV

Tied for 70th. No one freaking cared.

If you get 5800+ now, you’re a ladder hero that is always going to be top 40, at worse.

5600 MMR in 2017 = you need to quit SC 2 asap. 5600 MMR now = pat on the bat. Great job.

1 Like

You mean in april/may of 2017? Then you should probably compare that to april/may of this year to actually get realistic data :thinking: maybe if you’d played more than 2 months when you initially hit gm you’d have a better idea on what the mmr cap should be because it fluctuates based on other factors like time of year map pool… even stuff like balance… I have been gm actually on an alt acct… just low zerg but it was not long after the mmr split from race picking… and it was 5.3 when i started… 5,2 end of season… And yeah you do suck playa every time i play you you cry lol >.>

Future is an old school player? interesting when sc 2 came out he was what… 8?
how about cuddlebear? Vindicta? a lot of people in gm now are newer faces lol Vibe was talking about how he used to play the same people over and over and over and it seems like theres a lotta people he cant tell how they play becuase he’s never played them before… about 1/3 to half of the players in gm are old school players and the rest are newer…

Its amazing how circular your logic must be to say that its gotten easier to hold gm and that the threshold is going down, but its all old faces and that na ladder hasnt changed… if that’s true the relative skill level up to about 6 k is about the same as its always been… if its not then that means there is growth and new players developing skill up to that level… either way you’re contradicting yourself

as of a month ago 5813 mmr was 126th on the server… so again wrong you dont look at their place within gm you look at the actual mmr breakdown for the server, theres people with higher mmr that aren’t in gm because they leave league persistently… which means if you’re a 5.8 k player and that puts you at 40 near start of season… low and behold anyone that hasnt placed that has higher mmr end of last season… is going to be higher when they rank… anyone that is higher mmr that keeps leaving league? is still higher level than you… You literally have no clue what you’re talking about

Come on. This is common sense stuff. Stop with the weird trolling. You think 70th on ladder with 5800 MMR would equate to an equal or higher rank on the server than last season?

People with high MMRs that aren’t in GM are usually someone’s second or third account (people don’t usually stay active enough on the accounts to keep multiple ones in GM). I was one of them…

Kane, for example, who is supposed to be a retired player had 9 active accounts last season. And he doesn’t even off race.

If you’re going by more than anything in GM, you have some kind of stupid ulterior motive or are just clueless.

I was playing Future all the time when I quit in 2017. He did a 1 base all-in every game. Best tank/lib/banshee push on ladder. I was doing the “maxpax build” every game in 2016 and I was going disruptor, carrier every game in 2017.

One build = maxpax created. Other build = KingCobra style. When the f have facts ever mattered in this game? Your posts are just more of keeping with the theme of bs in this game.

S.tfu pos,you ain’t fooling anyone.Everybody knows you and your butt buddies hack,bm,stalk,stream snipe players and what not.

1 Like

It would be the same factoring in some variables like the time of year for one… Which is what I’ve been saying, shown proof in in form of data and when it comes down to it gm is supposed to depict the top 200 players, if theres a 30 game requirement and the bottom 10% (20) players get dropped every day for players on contender theres a chance day to day (a pretty big one actually) that it isnt accurately reflecting where within ladder a particular mmr will place you (im talking regionally) not just players that have played 30 games not left league and continue to play to not get dropped from gm… all you’re doing is whining about stuff that isnt true, and trying to back it with data that doesn’t accurately reflect the state of ladder… The data you’re relying on is dependent on who was actively playing at a very particular time frame which doesn’t give any information on trends because the time frame you’re referring to is a 2 month chunk in 2017…

The way you’re saying it you’re discounting the time within the season time of year and how many players above an mmr threshold are actively playing but not allowing themselves to get gm… which believe it or not is going to fluctuate even within a season… Kinda like how its easier to hit gm early season because the mmr threshold is artificially lower while people are still playing their 30 games… anyways I’m done entertaining trolls I wish you the best of luck in learning how to appreciate actual statistical evidence over anecdotal garbage man.

You stats/math guys are the dumbest people in the world. You guys think you’re so clever cause you imputed some numbers, but can’t even be smart enough to factor in anything else.

Guess what happened when they introduced separate MMRs? Your off races started with the MMR of your main race. Man, let me go troll someone on the forum with statistical evidence from that period. Those people who were actually GM and were using their brain… they don’t know anything, cause I looked at a number.

You’ve used your brain as much as a magic 8 ball has. What kind of idiot would try to argue that the ladder is harder now? Oh… you. Jesus almighty god.

Never said it was harder said it was literally the same, Idiot.
Consider learning to read before you try to argue.

1 Like

Yeah bro, the ladder is totally the same. I can just come back to playing after a year + off and get 30th on ladder, the highest I’ve ever been in LotV. Totally the same.

Everything is the f’ing same but the MMR’s are completely different in GM. Wow… 2 iq is that you?

Game is growing every season but staying the same in difficulty. About as impressive as free energy. How does the ladder do it?

Let me guess, the ladder is the exact same as it was in 2013 when Demuslim and Idra were getting around 10k viewers every day and everyone and their mom was watching? It’s all the same. Numbers and stuff. I think you got some numbers up your rear.

Maybe actually play a 1 vs 1 game before you talk about 1’s. You don’t see me being the most adamant person about 2 vs 2. Maybe actually get GM before you become the GM expert, clown.

Btw, you’re ignored now. Saddest trolling since badhabits.

1 Like

Ah, yes … SEA GM … Good times … Good times … Shall I post on my top 30 SEA GM account?

Not trying to brag by the way, I really suck at this game.

2 Likes

yet when you look at server stats and see how many people are ahead of them in the region? its literally the same :thinking: being 30th in gm doesnt mean there isnt still 100ish people ahead of you in mmr in currently active players… and if who is currently in gm isnt an accurate indicator of who is ahead of you mmr wise actively… its a really bad metric to look at :thinking: funny how that works isnt it? to tell how many players are ahead of you you have to look at how many players are ahead of you… not how many players are ahead of you have played 30 games, play enough to not fall out of gm don’t consistently leave league?

You’re basically saying “I’m top 30!, if 2/3 of the players better than me don’t play enough to or want get their gm border” Lul

If mmr was the only requirement for gm? 5650 would be the cutoff to get into gm right now, as there are other factors to ensure that you need to actively play to get/hold gm it is artificially deflated… thats the real threshold for top 200… and has been since 2016…

I’ve been top 10 in HotS. I was top 16 for many seasons. I would usually stop playing, though, and thus get kicked out of GM and not even have a season finish.

NA GM hasn’t been much to write home about. This is just the all-time low.

If people aren’t playing enough to be higher ranked on ladder than you, then guess what that means? The ladder isn’t very hard. If Neeb plays 1 game a season, he isn’t making the ladder harder for anyone. On the other hand, if he plays enough to actually be in GM, then a difference is made and shows up on the ladder…

The game is free to play now. People can have as many accounts as they want. Even when you had to pay for an account, all of the pros had a ridiculous amount of accounts. If the top 20 players all have multiple accounts… guess how stupidly inflated the numbers can become? You can be the 30th best player on ladder and end up “150th” on ladder.

There is no better indicator of the strength of ladder than the ladder that shows the TOP RATED ACTIVE players. Even with the games requirement, GM still ends up with multiple accounts from the same players. Heck, Pureleagcy, alone, had like 3 accounts in the top 16.

That top 30 was late in the season, too; not your first of the week garbage.

1 Like

Vindicta isn’t new. “Vindicta” is the new name/account of a Terran player earlier named Nero. They’ve been playing for at least three years. Do some research about them. You may find out some things about why “Vindicta”/Nero got into high GM …

Relatively speaking thats still new… old school would be from wol or hots… i was just responding to that dumb troll who claimed everyone in gm had been there since 2013 or earlier… which would make anyone that went pro post lotv new blood relatively speaking