Game won't load 19/20 times

Hello, I’m having a new issue past 2 days where the game will start and the brief graphical flashes when starting any game will occur, then the new window/program will open, and it will get as far as showing the loading screen with the three faces (all within a couple seconds) before then displaying my desktop again. You can Alt-Tab to discover that SC2 is the window selected, not the desktop. You can even hover over a blank screen preview from the taskbar. However clicking it just causes some flashing and returns to desktop. Restarting PC fixed this a time or two completely, in a sea of 30 failures to do so. No other game is having the issue, including other Blizzard games like WC3.

No recent changes other than a new SSD and fresh install, but it was working on it no problem for the first two days, and other games on there don’t have any trouble. Windows 10

Seems you ran into the same issue that I did. You reinstalled it…is SC2 trying to install/update some files?

Can you try and make a administrator account to see if that fixes it?

I would have to say its something in the graphics department because its just switching the view into and back out of SC2. there’s some semblance of the main menu there when i hover over the program, but clicking it just loops me back to desktop. As far as the installation, I’ve tried repair and reinstall several times, the conflict is elsewhere I believe, since it did work a time or two after a pc reboot and then stopped again

Hey KCbars,

Try resetting the game settings through the Battle.net desktop app and that will force the game to re-detect the graphics setup.

If it’s still happening, maybe you can try running the game in Windowed mode to see if it shows up properly.

1. Start the Blizzard app
  2. Select the game icon on the left
  3. Click on the Options menu (below the game logo) and select Game Settings
  4. Check the box “Additional command line arguments”
  5. In the new text box, type the following command:
    -displaymode=0
  6. Click Done at the bottom to save the changes, then hit Play to launch the game again.

Hopefully that takes care of it, and you can switch to Fullscreen once inside the game. If you need further help though go ahead and post your DXDIAG

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. In the Run window type dxdiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DirectX window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and save it to your Desktop. Open the new dxdiag file with Notepad.
  5. In the posting section hit the </> button for “Preformatted text” then paste (Ctrl+V) the DXDIAG contents. That’ll make the information much more readable.

If you are unable to post this due to the length of the DXDIAG, please feel free to use pastebin.com and share the direct link with us instead. Use the </> button as well in order to share the link.