Game turning off (Not exacly crashing, just disappearing) - SOLVED

#Update 1
After a few tries of turning the game on and letting it disappear, the game just started working normally with around 15-16 ping vs Easy AI. I still don’t understand the error, but it solved itself.
#Update 2
After playing 1 mission of coop campaign, it’s back again.
#Update 3
Works on NA. I suspect it will keep working/not working all the time.

Hello.

I tried to look through the forum, but haven’t seen a similar problem.

When I turn on SC2, after a few seconds/ a minute game just disappears. It doesn’t crash, because there is no crash report. I could get into Arcade tab and load lobbies available, but game disappeared after that anyway.

Then I have scanned game files and something happened. I could start the game normally and create a lobby. However everything loaded pretty long, after countdown in 1vsAI lobby I had like 10-20 seconds to do stuff around before the game started. However I had 1000-2000 ping in game, totally unable to play.

After changing from EU to NA, game dissappeared.
After changing back from NA to EU game kept disappearing, but in game things loaded resoanably fast.

My suspicion is problem with internet connection to Starcraft 2 servers. Today I have moved to another city with different internet, yesterday game worked perfectly fine.

However, the internet network isn’t exacly “bad”, my connection with Heroes of the Storm (except for short temporary ping jump to 200) is fine and the game works properly.

For short time the network was “public” and I blocked public network for Starcraft, but then I turned off Battle.net and made network private.

Can I ask for an advice how to learn more about the error and solve it?

Thank you very much for your time and help.
Kind regards,
Dallarian

#Update 1
After a few tries of turning the game on and letting it disappear, the game just started working normally with around 15-16 ping vs Easy AI. I still don’t understand the error, but it solved itself.
#Update 2
After playing 1 mission of coop campaign, it’s back again.
#Update 3
Works on NA. I suspect it will keep working/not working all the time.

Hello Dallarian,

Thanks for all of the info that you provided. I will say that usually if the game is closing out / disappearing with no error message it indicates a problem with memory, another program conflicting, or possibly even the hardware of the system not functioning properly.

You mentioned that the PC was moved locations recently and the problem started after moving. Is it possible that something came loose?

Can you go ahead and post your DXDIAG for us to check out?

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. In the Run window type dxdiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DirectX window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and save it to your Desktop. Open the new dxdiag file with Notepad.
  5. In the posting section hit the </> button for “Preformatted text” then paste (Ctrl+V) the DXDIAG contents. That’ll make the information much more readable.

If you are unable to post this due to the length of the DXDIAG, please feel free to use pastebin.com and share the direct link with us instead. Use the </> button as well in order to share the link.

1 Like

#Update 4
Internet connection seemed to be sometimes unstable in my location. I still do not know why Starcraft was turning off, but after moving to another location the problem disappeared. There’s no need in reading my DXDiag for now. Thank you for help!

Thank you for a quick answer.

It is actually a laptop, so I hope it wasn’t damaged in any way. I don’t think anything like that could occur, but I now I cannot exclude such possibility. It seem to work properly, though.

In DXDIAG there appeared a few errors about SC2. Since my DXDiag isn’t in English, I have added a few my own translations in brackets, I hope they will be accurate enough, but only for first 2 errors.

Even if I use </> button, I still cannot enclose the link.
I used pastebin, so please go to website, and then add /pNqMPwYP to url.

So it is not likely to be a connection problem? I am still surprised why Heroes of the Storm works normally, however I do not know how games work like, so it doesn’t really matter.

Also continuing method of turning on the game and hoping it will not turn off, I managed to play 4-5 games 3vsAI, so whatever is wrong, it is kind of temporary. Today I managed to start 1vAI game and had mentioned earlier ping spike toward 2000, and tried to reconnect to single player game for a moment. However now I am unable to continue testing.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Summarision:
Unstable connection may cause Starcraft to turn off after entering menu, during game loading and inside the game.

I am happy to provide more detailed data and reports, if Blizzard would like to solve the issue (provide crash report?). For now I will mark the thread as solved.

Have a nice day and thank you for your time!

Very interesting. Thanks for reporting back and I’m glad to hear that it’s working properly for you again! Let us know if the issue returns.

1 Like