Game Speed is too Fast

I’m lost. How in any way does a game speed that effects both players affect the ability for strategy?

In also lost on how it takes away from viewership. If an engage that lasts only 5 seconds is too fast, normal game speed isnt much longer.

This was changed in legacy of the void, I believe. The game runs in normal time but all unit stats have been modified to reflect the speed of the “Faster” which was used in wol and hots. This is for multiplayer only I think. The campaign still uses “Blizzard time”

But the reason for this was that in BW the game was played on faster. Normal speed is painfully slow. The same is true for sc2. if you actually play the game on “Normal” speed it takes forever for anything to happen. That’s why it’s always been played on the “faster” speed.

The latest SC2 speed is too fast. I’m diamond level, but I am not going to play SC2 very seriously because I think it sucks that you spend 6-10 minutes making an army so that it can die in 10 seconds. 10 seconds + lag can mean your whole army of spell-casters can be gone before you even get a chance to use your army. To an extent, you just have to avoid spell casters and use a stupid army that can hold up on auto-attack… I think this kills the depth and enjoyability of this game. Like, what is the point? Does blizzard just want an army of morons who are great at clicking fast playing their game?

If you have to wait 6+ minutes to get to a battle, the battle should at least reliably last 30 seconds. This can be accomplished at normal speed…

This game is not an RTS, it is an URTS. (unreal-time strategy for young people who don’t mind getting arthritis and other ailments because they have to be so damn fast just to compete.).

Competitive SC2 has been made stupid and ruined by blizzard with the decision to use faster speed as the default.

3 Likes

Like seriously, how can you ppl not see that SC2 is a great game with cool units and awesome mechanics that have been completely ruined by turning up the game speed to the point of ridiculousness? Sure if you play the game for 10 years and your APM is great, you can pull off some cool stuff on the battlefield. But why make the game like that? The speed should be turned to normal for humans… Let computers, bots, and asian teenagers play at the higher speeds if they want to.

Why does APM boil down to the most important characteristic of this game? Why does it have to be like that?

2 Likes

Lmao get a load of this guy.
Then there’s freakin serral saying the game should be faster because its too easy.

I’m a crippled idiot with one functioning hand and I manage just fine. I think your problem is between the shoulders.

You can say what you want. I’ve seen Seral lose to 15 lings in the early game before 3 minutes because this game is too fast even for him…

And anyone who thinks this game is not too fast (and hasn’t been playing for over 5 years) should try playing vs my lings at this retarded game speed they call RTS. SC2 = Not RTS.

I’m down. Let’s go boi. IMAQT#21234
I’ll show you the speed of stupidity.

If an expert can lose this game to a noob like me in under 3 minutes because of units attack moving into his base, it’s not RTS. An expert at a real RTS would never lose to a noob like me… Ever…

You think I’m an expert? Aww that’s the 3rd nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.
Now let’s play.

Yes, the game should be played on normal speed. This game barely has any on-the-fly strategy in it (other than positioning) because of how fast the battles are. It is all mechanical. Which is a shame, because it has so much potential.

Its good, even great, but it could be frigging amazing.

Game is more fun IMO

Faster paced, which attracts more players as slow games don’t thrive

1 Like

For me it’s been difficult to have fun because of the speed needed to win.
Why not make it more simple and use 1:1 ratio?

Adrenaline drives us all

It can be solved with a vote for speed before the game start.

Literally everyone likes the faster economy and speed in LotV

You don’t need to think that much to get to diamond in sc2. If the game is too fast paced to think, just improve mechanics

It isn’t like that, and I’m not sure why you think that. Please explain why you think this.

I will vote slowest speed everytime i try and force my opponents to quit as I switch to terran and build nothing but tanks and memes. When the BCs finally arrive, they will rue the day they ever decided that the game speed should be put to a vote.

I don’t know if there exist any other RTS where your units disappear this fast. If you turn off the “get good” and “this is how SC2 is played” parts of your brain, and look at the game with fresh eyes, I am sure most of you would see that this is too fast for human brain.

1 Like

I am only a campaign noob but I agree, game speed is awful. It makes this game some sort of speed over strategy game and its not fun for most people. Almost like a racing game or something. No wonder campaign feels more strategic.

2 Likes

Please have a look at my proposal regarding this: Additional separate ladder on normal game speed