Game doesn't respect bluetooth headset audio output

There is an audio bug affecting Bluetooth headsets. When the audio output device is set to “Headphones (Major III Bluetooth Stereo)” there is no sound. This was fixed when I changed the “voice chat” input and output settings to use another microphone and output.

So, reproduction steps:

1. Use a bluetooth heaset (Mine is Marshall Major III)
  2. launch the game, set the audio output to Stereo headphone in both sound and voice chat settings, and configure voice chat to use a microphone other than your headphone microphone.
  3. Exit the game and launch it again.

Expected behavior: The game plays audio.
Actual behavior: The game doesn’t play audio

1. Open the options and navigate to “voice chat” and audio starts playing.
2 Likes

another workaround for this is:

1. go to the sound control panel
  2. navigate to the “recording” tab
  3. right-click your computer’s built-in mic (not your headset! or hands-free that
    s in the name)
  4. set your mic as the default device and the default communication device
  5. navigate to the “playback” tab, repeat steps 3 and 4.

and viola! you should automatically have sound that doesn’t have reverb, or if you don’t have sound, you’ll have sound when you go in SC2, the downside is that you can’t use your headset’s mic, however, you can set it in discord, or whatever app you’re using to talk to people.

I gave you a heart :slight_smile: I will give a heart for every bluetooth issue like this. …I think they will only care about this if your bug report gets a hundred or a thousand hearts :smiley: …and yes, this is too similar to my previous comment, because it’s basically the same bluetooth issue, which is reported a lot of times :smiley: …so please stop complaining Blizzard! :smiley:

Does not work in Windows 11. The problem affects all Bluetooth headsets, and is because there is a clear bug in how SC2 utilizes the sound options with BT headsets. In Windows 11, ALL input devices need to be disabled.

1 Like