Forgives Kerrigan but not Mengsk?

@Serenicus

It seem like the kneeling is for Ouros. Artanis knelt to Kerrigan is just weird is so many level. Ouros, on the other hand, is his God who is sacrificing his life force.

1 Like

It felt strange to have the big stars, and the fighting resolving a diverse squad, and a battle with a platoon. and his pyrokinetic girl very soft to be a ghost, although remarkably justified by her state of having spent the war in the reserve but the insecure training was strange, especially remenbering hard training in the ghost academy and the sinister aura they have before regular infantry but it was interesting to see the zerg in its weakest state and that Zagara now runs a civilization more similar to the formics, zagara developed an admiration for kerrigan so she evolved in parallel to the influence of kerrigan, well this change from a weaker swarm allow this cold war scenario, the time of the great wars has passed, and this has become more subtle and politically complex

I’ve already told you this a number of time, man. It’s quality not quantity. There is no other ghost whose psionic power was anywhere near Kerrigan at the moment. Maybe, there is Nova who is also on Tarsonis at the time. Ignoring all those useless undocumented ghost for a chance at Kerrigan is much better tactic.

For the last time, mass infestation is not a good plan. You should go after specific strong essence.

She probably got out of the worst of the Ghost training because her normal ghost powers weren’t strong enough to be of any practical use. She’s telepathic enough to read other teeps, and protoss, and that’s about it. She cant use the augmented strength and agility of a Hostile Environment Suit, and I don’t think she can even cloak with it. Her training was specifically as a firebat that doesn’t need to be on the front of a battle, not as an assassin.

1 Like

Assuming that that’s feasible, you still need to figure how to send a signal away from black hole as well!

My interest is, did he rise from the kneel during the later observations? Because past the kneel, all you see is Artanis’s face, so it’s unclear.

It’s unclear to me one way or the other, but if he knelt to Ouros, he wouldn’t switch to Kerrigan afterward.

I understand how you see that, but wouldn’t it be significant and necessary by the Bliz team to show him standing up, then, if he had a deep moral problem remaining kneeling once the mantle was passed on to Kerri in the cinematic? Why leave the point unclear if it’s later made significant?

Okay, let us get something straight. I couldn’t care less about authority’s intent. If Blizzard wants to say something, say it in the work. Once the work is published, Blizzard no longer has any say about it more than any of us. Basically, I’ll ignore any argument where you cite Blizzard’s intention as a basis. Unless, there is just no other way to make the point.

Now, I’m not sure how significant this is. Ouros was dying. His corpse still remained. The mantle might be passed on to Kerrigan, but I don’t see how that means Artanis had to get up right at the very moment.

Now let’s ask the important questions.

Like where his body went.

Somewhere in the Void, I guess? Regardless, his Xel’naga’s essence was consume by Kerrigan so I think it’s nothing more than an empty husk now. So I don’t think it’s important, anymore.

Damn, I still have a lot to catch up in this thread, but it’s so far the best one I read in a long while. Finally someone sensible defending Kerrigan.

I especially love this piece about objectivity. Serenicus really nail how I feel about it all, although I couldn’t never voice it out.

@Serenicus

I’ve never understand why something can’t be classified as good or bad once it’s subjective, though. What are your take on this?

Its just part of the meaning. Subjective means that every judgment is personal. Something that is subjectively good or bad is only good or bad to an individual person. HotS is subjectively bad to Gradius, for example, because he personally doesn’t like the content. Objectively means that the judgment is not based on an individual, but is universal. HotS is objectively bad, because their storytelling ability doesn’t clearly communicate what they wanted it to.

Just about everything has a subjective quality, but for many works of art and the like, it can be difficult to establish an objective quality because the work itself does not have many things to judge without invoking opinion.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I was actually worried at that point of the conversation because of the dispute in it; Gradius and I ended up concluding by shaking hands, which I am thankful for.

All the facts in the world won’t convince somebody. But a politician using charisma CAN. So, whether it’s FDR or Reagan (or whoever’s on the stage) they can convince you as this whole thread filled with reason cannot. This is even though what they are saying on stage is so much simpler than reason can be. Once convinced, a follower will then use all his powers of reason to justify why the leader he supports is good while his enemies are bad. I think that’s politics in a nutshell. I think it also is the reason politics can be as dirty and corrupt as it is.

As far as art and such… we went into what goes into judging that. I think that’s a more complicated story, but still not clear-cut. That was a lot of long posts on our part. xD

It’s hard to convince us in general. We (mainstays) are tough cookies.

And some of us are Church of Mengsk zealots on some days.

Well, we all know that Bach, Beethoven, Mozart and King are excellent at their craft. Despite the fact that their craft is as subjective as it get. So surely there must be some underlying concept by which subjective topic can be judged.

@Serenicus

Let me tell you a bit about our forum’s etiquette. We derailed ALL THE TIME. If you look up our older thread you’ll see that we discussed like 7 topics in one thread, else the thread is abandoned. We not only derailed from the original topic, but we derailed over the derailed topic as well!!!

Heated discussion is normal in this forum. Gradius and I going at it more often than any other. I suspect that we drove away many new comer than most. So your behavior is fine. And we’re good at self-regulate if someone is out of line, we’ll tell them in no uncertain term.

As for our discussion, beyond our personal taste we usually see if your theory is consistent with the lore. Sometime we invent a fact to help support our argument. Whosever idea that is most consistent with less invented fact usually win the debate.

Lastly, if you could shake hand with Gradius and walk away, that’s a clear win by my account. My hat off to you. You’re awesome!

I would argue that since it takes two to shake hands, if I am awesome than Gradius is awesome too. We were both getting snippy at each other at that stage and we both made the choice to calm down.

I think the issue I have personally is I’ve only played the games, whereas some of you guys have also read SC comics, books, etc., so you have more knowledge of canon than I.

To be honest I’ve never found the story to be super inconsistent, I rather liked it. This goes into the subjectivity I pointed out because while I never saw it as inconsistent, it’s pretty clear many of you guys have, and you clearly have thought it through carefully.

I think even if you get heated, as long as you can thrive and be respectful as a community, that’s all that matters. My hope is that I can behave the same online as I do in the real world, and though internet rage proceeds like roadrage (so it’s not always possible) I do try.

Gradius is ruthless debater, but not unreasonable.

To be honest, experienced eye could see he wasn’t even snippy by his standards. He just likes it rough.

You should have seen some of the past stuff when it actually got heated.

Tbh my job on the forum is to foster mutual animosity and contempt.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4 Likes

Yeah Daddy Beacon, bring it on.