Forgives Kerrigan but not Mengsk?

Could you elaborate a bit? I failed to see how this is relevant.

Also, I don’t think reproducibility has anything to do with Subjective/Objective.

What are your opinion on Japan? I love anime from that country, but really hate how they treat the history.

He’s giving examples of critics disagreeing with each other and changing their minds as proof that literature is all subjective. Im saying that’s not proof of anything because it happens anyway in fields that are supposed to be objective.

Objective just means not influenced by personal feelings.

Scientific experiments are designed to take researchers feelings out of the equation, like with double blind experiments. A well designed experiment should get the same result every time no matter who’s running it. And yet there’s still a reproducibility crisis today where scientists can’t reproduce each other’s experiments. Nobody would argue that science is a completely subjective field though.

I think literature is mostly subjective but there’s clearly things people agree on regardless of personal feelings. His stance is that literature is 100% subjective…which, come on.

Everyone can agree on a blatant retcon. Why did multiple people independently complain about the Overmind retcon when the game out? Everyone notices when there’s no antagonist, a plot that’s all over the place. Etc. Writing classes and reviews aren’t 100% bull$hit. That’s ridiculous.

From what I have gathered, they act like Nanking or Philipines never happened and that definitely annoys me.

At least they don’t brag as if they were doing a good thing.

Some Japanese politicians are still claiming that the comfort women were necessary for their soldiers and willing prostitutes.

But hey, at least they aren’t on Turkey level :confused:

2 Likes

Err, no… You’re very wrong here, mate. Every marine is equipped with a finite amount of bullet. However, they were packed with unreasonably enormous clip that they generally live off the rest of their ‘battlefield’ lifespan before they even load that last bullet.

In fact I believe the Dominion is seriously considered whether or not they should shrink the rifle’s clip size. It’s estimated that over 85% of the marine spend their entire life without ever need to reload.

Yes, I’m aware of that instance from WoL while Raynor was giving the speech. Those case is extremely rare that the Dominion promotes any marine who use up all his ammo to the rank of corporals right on the spot.

Well, I don’t agree with your example since it got nothing to do with Subjectivity v. Objectivity, but I guess that the point?

Regardless, I agree with your overall point.

Oh, it’s much worst than that. Some local primary school praise their soldiers for being humble and hard working. If you watch any Anime, then you got a general idea of the propaganda. While I’m not sure how to feel about U.S.A. dropped the fat boy, the Japan play the victim card like a pro that I can’t feel any sympathy for them. Maybe, it’s because I live in Asia where the Japan was unser Führer. I hate them much more than Hitler.

must leave the past behind, sins are not inherited few victims and perpetrators are still living. From the Latin migrant perspective(kira sensei(a hispanic migrant dedicated to analyze Japan and its problems)), middle Japanese is quite apolotic, and follows the traditions in an almost instinctive and routine thoughtless way, try not to complicate With tricky issues, He points out in his videos about Japan’s foreign policy that Japan has continually apologized for cases such as sexual abuse during wars. and not only is reduced to word if not to economic compensations thing that there is a billion yen news for the victims and explicit statements apologizing in 2015 by Shinzo Abe

I am fine with nukes.

Long-term radiation effects were not known at the time and there were conventional bomb raids deadlier than nuke drops.

Radioactive decay was known to increase cancer risks since 1927, and deaths caused by radium use were numerous enough in the 1930s (including Marie Curie) that companies stopped commercializing it in this decade. While the full extent of those effects weren’t known, the fact that it had negative long terms impacts was known at the time of the nukes.

Well I am still ok with the drops neverthless.

Yeah, that’s really hinder your ability to discuss the lore, but really we have pretty great wiki for this. You can easily catch up.

I like it, too. Until I came here and realized what a mess it is! We discovered a lot of inconsistencies over years and years of debate. I still like the story, though.

1 Like

I’m a bit prepped because I know some real people whose relative is deformed because of the radiation. (Actually, I just realized that sound like I have a friend who has an uncle whose sister is directly affect by the nuke now that I typed it out…)

However, I also know how inhumane the Japanese can be to all the country they invaded. Worst, they’re so crazy that they rather bumped head first into the enemy line than give up. I don’t think the Allied can win as cleanly without the use of nuclear.

That’s for certain, Land invasion would be a massacre.

Fortunately Nukes and Soviets joining Asian front were enough to persuade those crazy fu^kers.

1 Like