For the love of god

Granted, iirc this is exactly what the campaign design for SC2 was built around. That’s why so many missions have time limits and such. Coop, being built around the campaign missions, it’s not surprising that they go that way so often. CoD is very aggressive in that fashion, though its mission structure is pretty much identical to how say SoA and RtK work (just with trucks, and a guy who likes trucks).

I’ve seen lots of theorizing that it’s a case of not knowing they are unable to do well enough to play brutal, since it’s often hard to tell that you aren’t helping much unless it’s an extreme case, or you are good enough to see your failings (in which case you probably can in fact do fine in brutal).

That said, yeah, definitely had some people who clearly didn’t bother playing the game. Not all too many personally though.

Yeah, agreed. It’s more prevalent nowadays than I’d say maybe prior to the official halt on any further development.

I think the problem is two-fold. On that one side, it’s definitely a lack of clear indication “how well” a player is doing since the only real indicator is “did we win?” versus “did we lose?”. The other side of it is people’s general pride. Why should I take a loss just to teach someone they need to improve? They should have known! Often that isn’t the case.

Although, don’t get me wrong here. I don’t think the players should be taking up the responsibility of cooperatively teaching each and every randomly matched ally, who isn’t ready for Brutal but is playing on Brutal. That should have been part of the difficulty transition by design. However, since there is no team and this has always been an issue, the 2-fold issues persists and compounds each other. So only those who are seeking to improve will ultimately improve.

And that improvement is again 2-fold. One, those who are new and looking to learn will eventually learn despite being carried hard to eventually carrying their own weight. Two, those who were carrying these players and looking to improve further will carry the game with difficulty now but eventually solo with no problem anyway. And these 2 parts make a whole of 99.9% of the coop player base. (Yes, I didn’t forget about that 0.1% of hard trolls xD.)

Overall, it’s a learning curve no matter how one wishes to interpret it. And that learning will only be had to those who choose to learn and improve.

I don’t give a damn if people don’t agree with me, and I never said it made the map impossible or too difficult, again with your assumptions. I just stated that a bug still exists, that was all. Also very nice ninja edit before my post, didn’t catch that as I was writing it out. Keep up your forum ornament routine, you’re doing great!

So it’s cool for you to state you have witness a miracle bug, but definitely not okay for anyone else to say we haven’t seen it?

Nobody edited anything. You seem to have a problem with understanding a perfectly civil conversation and content. Then enrage at people for pointing out your poor behaviour.

You may and may not have seen a bug that basically don’t affect SoA. People pointed it out, and you got mad. That’s where we’re at. Since as you put it that…

Then simply move on. What do you possible hope to achieve by turning the discussion point of “bug no bug” towards distasteful comments towards me?

Hot take or maybe not so hot take . If you could attack the constructs with your units without the trucks, and just had to destroy all the constructs in each area Cradle would be a very popular map. Basically a slightly more challenging Void Thrashing.

O.O Why do I never think of simple stuff like this. Thanks for the tip I should’ve thought up way back on the dozenth time of going through cradle, heh.

2 Likes

It’s a great tip. You can map it out prior to wave 1. And if you happen to kill expansion before wave 1. You can also tell where wave 1 will come from by observing the ramp light colour. It’ll turn from red to green to indicate the “next base”. And as such, you’ll be able to tell the subsequent wave(s) spawn locations, as well as map lay out. (Ie. if 1st base after expansion is west or left, then bonus would be NE or top left, 2nd base east or right, 2nd bonus below that, etc.)

There are all these little quirks on CoD. It’s kind of neat.

1 Like

Personally I just get tired of every single attack wave coming from the other end of the map. It’s not a deal breaker, it’s just… ugh

For me, it’s more tiring than it is awful. You have trucks, attack waves coming for the trucks, attack waves coming for your base, bonuses, on top of having to manage your commander. All of that can potentially all stack up at once making it rough to keep up at times. For some commanders it’s not too bad, but for ones with already difficult micro/macro like Alarak, at the end i’m just exhausted.
I don’t hate it, just not one i particularily like either. It’s just more difficult than most other maps, but not impossibly hard.

Nah M8 Vermillion Problem by FAR.

Lmao I basically do that as Stukov with my waves and waves of expendable soldiers until my truck gets there.

I honestly have never experienced anyone quitting on me on Cradle of Death. Contrary to popular belief, I guess, I don’t feel like it’s a bad map at all.

Contrary to popular belief is a phrase used to describe something untrue, and then you’re to state the factual truth to explain.

It’s not a belief CoD is unpopular. It is unpopular. I’m happy nobody leaves on you, and you enjoy it but that’s separate from truth.

What about “My bots are under attack! My bots are under attack!”

Have you ever heard of agro?!

I agree. We can not even use anymore the glitch that the ship will stay in second objective forever if there are structures that does not hurt it like Spinecrawler or pylon.
Or the idioty that if we lose the first ship, he says we have two more then suceed with second ship but loose on third he suddenly says no more ships.
Honestly better would have been if there are three different ship that are sent out.