For the love of god

That’s not a bug, the 2nd and 3rd stop of the bonus objective depends on if you clear the top sliver before the bonus leaves the 1st stop.

2 Likes

Lol, this made me genuinely chuckle. Can’t believe to this day, people still haven’t a clue how some maps work. It’s like if it bugs you, maybe spend 2min to find out if it really is a bug.

Absolutely on point. SoA has always worked this way. It’s a feature and is what makes SoA such a versatile and robust map out of all maps in the pool.

1 Like

Meanwhile Lilarrin is finishing soa before the 1st bonus starts moving.

5 Likes

I don’t love this mission, but I like playing it every now and then. Especially since it adds variety since we most certainly are not going to get any more than 15 of them.

PSA about the artifact truck is for this mission, it’s hot keyed to F4. So even if you’re a F2-move player, you can still manage it that way. You’ll just have an extra key to deal with is all.

1 Like

it really is the worst designed map imo. I don’t like the idea of removing maps, but an option of 1 veto would have been nice so that I can play this map as little as possible.

it feels annoying and overly restrictive to play on mainly because of bs constructs attacking you if you move so much as a inch in any direction so you have to piggyback off of your trucks everywhere you go. it has the least amount of variety in terms of playstyles from all of the maps.

although I understand that some people find it hard to believe that one could dislike a map for any reason other than it being too difficult, because as we all know, there is no such thing as fun and unfun maps.

2 Likes

This is the map where I encountered the most where my allies insta quit, I am just happily take his resources and expo, solo-ed the map. Yesterday alone, I have encountered twice.

1 Like

I think people like you and comments like yours are what is purposefully and intentionally skewing what you’re attempting to poke fun at.

The idea here is that difficulty is often related to fun, which is a fundamental part of map design. So it’s not at all crazy or radical say “often when certain difficulty is removed or lessened (by design or by players such as carrying), then all of a sudden the map is more fun or perhaps more tolerable”.

There’s nothing inherently defined as “fun” or “unfun”. If I asked you further what you mean, I bet you (or anyone really) would have a hard time conceptualizing just exactly what is fun. So no, I entirely disagree that there is such a thing as fun map by itself. It is always the concepts within a map that you enjoy MAKES IT FUN.

And so, the idea of CoD being poorly designed is essentially saying it’s design is more frustrating and unnecessarily difficult where it doesn’t need to be. Good examples are the ‘invulnerable constructs’ or ‘slow trucks’. There is no overcoming invulnerable targets, hence bad design and frustrating. Slow trucks that can’t keep up with army is unnecessarily tedious. As such, and how did you put it? “Some people find it hard to believe that one could dislike a map for simply disliking it cuz it’s not fun?” Yeah, it’s because fun is an associative property. It’s those tedium and frustration that made it not fun. And the map itself isn’t simply “unfun”.

What’s weird is how some people like you don’t understand that at all. Lawlz.

I know this has been some time ago, and I’m sure there’s a few people who would argue to the contrary, but someone made the argument that CoD was one of the best maps to judge CO powers due to it having advantages for early game pushing, and having good late game armies. It was one one of the best maps to truly test yourself since you needed a combination of both.

I’ve found that if you and your ally are on the same page, this mission goes by super quick. It’s only when one of you are struggling that it gets complicated real quick. Just like Scythe of Amon, it really rewards map knowledge.

2 Likes

I am fully aware of how the map works and call bug when I see it. And I’ve seen it bug out and take a different path regardless of where or when we clear.

Luckily for you the video someone posted last year of the bonus flying straight into the north base at the beginning is missing, otherwise I’d tell you to heed your own advice.

We’re large and diverse enough community for that. Speaking of which, I’d surmise prior to the Prestige rollout, I was one of the few people who liked Karax the most of all the Protoss COs :smiley:

Sounds like you are just doubling down, instead of recognizing that there was a fairly obscure piece of information that you weren’t aware of. The info is on Sc2coop and I have around 300 SoA games logged and have never seen your supposed bug, also the person you are replying to probably has way more games logged than I have.

Here’s the quote from Sc2coop if i wasn’t clear in my explanation previously:
''The first Stopping Point will always be the same area. However, Stopping Points 2 and 3 will be switched, if you destroy Sliver 3 (above) before the objective leaves the first stopping point.

2 Likes

Make me think a big improvement in Part&Parcel would be an alternative way to free the hybrids…or the ability to target and kill Davis, so she go straight to open the stasis cell.
Yeah, I know, rather than speed, some would do that just for fun. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Looks like you’re gonna die over this. Let’s say you’re right, and there was a video as you claimed. So what? Does that mean there was a bug? No. Consider a more plausible scenario.

Consider this. The video you watched or claimed is someone who lost the first ship already. By the time the bonus ship launched again, they already cleared the North sliver, which would direct it to north location as per script.

And it is you (or whomever put up the video) inability to discern the time, thus mistaken it as 1st ship launch when it was 2nd. This is far more likely since someone who doesn’t understand the map timings at all would likely mistaken the timings of bonus launch times.

Or perhaps there was a bug but it is so old that (even though I’ve played since coop launch) it was fixed long long long time ago. Either way, does that matter? No, especially since we are telling you that’s not how it works NOW. And has been for years now.

You can open up the map in editor to see that 1st point is always just North of main. So no offence when I say, hard to believe your false claim. And again, this can be learned by spending 2min of reading rather than endlessly debating on the forum. Then again, you are clearly wanting to die over this trivial piece of information.

That’s honestly not a bad idea I think. Short of some troll purposefully early trigger it. Then again, that would be less common by far even if some do troll that way.

This suggestion wouldn’t even conflict with its current design. Collecting parts would still activate Balius, which has a lot fire power to help clear (not that people need it since it’s usually the other way around). However, it does help the less experienced players.

On the other hand, the early trigger would allow Balius to bomb open the stasis cell to release the hybrid. And perhaps the hybrid would therefore has less frequent abilities due to early release. And players have the bonus of not listening to Davis as much haha. So this added option would give speedrunning a much added value. (Reminds me of how so many want an early release bottom on MO for those bots.)

That title belongs to Vermillion Problem IMO. Cradle sucks, but Vermillion Problem is worse.

no, it isn’t difficult. there is nothing in standard brutal co-op that is difficult, I don’t understand why you are hardstuck on this word. this is the point where you would drum up some inflammatory strawman if you were in my shoes, but I won’t stoop to that level. there are annoying and unfun aspects in co-op though, such as this map and its ‘unique’ mechanics.

if we’re talking about difficulty, scythe of amon is higher on the difficulty scale and that is one of my most favourite maps. why? because it doesn’t pointlessly restrict us and our playstyle with annoying bs. it doesn’t feel like an absolute chore to play.

That’s exactly what I pointed out. The difficulty are those design problems (ie. non-targetable construct.)

You’re taking the word fun and difficult out of context. True, there is nothing difficult about moving army, clicking a few buttons on the computer. Yet, there is a distinct difference between you, me, LilA, and Maru - that we can all agree.

So for something to be not “fun”, it means the difficulty (or rather the associated concepts) aren’t gauged properly. For example, the average player may not be able to reach 50EPM while people like LilA and Maru can reach 100+EPM. As a result, you take more damage, lose your army, which is interpreted as not fun.

In a somewhat unrelated note, if I say you’re not a fun person. People would have an idea of what that means but it doesn’t inherently mean you are. All it can be interpreted as is perhaps I don’t enjoy your company or we don’t enjoy the same kind of hobbies. However, at least it is more relevant to say a person is not fun. So when you apply that to maps (hard data), then that becomes far less appropriate. A coop map is far less complicated than a person.

And that’s why it is always a discussion of skills and experience. Difficulty is therefore gauged appropriately based on that premise. You enjoy SoA not because your randomly labeled “bs” but because it is appropriately gauged to encompass both the average player and reward those with higher skills.

And all of this just to explain to you that we are saying the same things. The difference is I’m being specific and you’re being vague. And it is your inability to understand the concept that leads you to feel skill and experience are not related to fun. The truth of the matter is so far from it.

In fact, it is skill and experience that makes something fun. Then again, how you feel about a map won’t change regardless of mine or your interpretation. So feel free to find CoD as ‘unfun’ as you put it.

I too don't find I enjoy CoD. However, I am not deluded to believe it is inherently not fun simply because it is, which amounts to nothing. I understand that despite my skills and experience, the map design has clear flaws that many sees and agree to, which makes it not fun.

yes, piggybacking off of your truck to walk two feet in any direction is such an acute indicator of skill. just so fun.

Dying over this? You are and your assumptions… Just because you’ve never witnessed it doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened and still can.

Nope, it was a replay from start to finish.

Again, nope. Scroll down.

Definitely nope, Mengsk was in the video. Again, just because you haven’t witnessed it doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened and still can. I’ve seen other bugs in different maps that still go on that have never been fixed but people claim they never see and it isn’t because I don’t know how the maps work, that’s just you making assumptions like you always do.

And this is why I am back here replying because you don’t have your facts straight. The 1st point stop is NOT the north base, that is the North East base. North base is either stop 2 or 3 pending on the shard clears at the top of the map, not above the main. In the video the ship went straight to the north base after expo cleared which means it literally skipped step one in its script for whatever reason.

Well, it sure seems like it. You’re right, anything CAN happen will happen. However, since I’ve played thousands of games, I can reasonable conclude such a bug doesn’t exist.

Also, even if it does, the frequency at which it occurs is clearly far too low to be noticed by anyone (since nobody here agrees with you). So, how exactly does such a bug make SoA impossible or too difficult for you?

Or perhaps it’s just YOU?

I said this, you need to learn to read.

North of main is very different than North of Sliver or North of map. I can see why you don’t educate yourself, as your reading skills are this bad… perhaps reading on how a map works is far too much for you.

You’re quite right in that it isn’t an indicator of skill. Running your mouth on forum also isn’t, so I’m not sure how either of them are related. I tried explaining to you, fun is a result of skill, experience, and company (such as playing with friends). If you can’t understand that, then I’m not sure what else to tell you.

So to skew other people’s words by purposefully misinterpreting why skills and experience can and do influence fun is entirely your doing. And it is not how other people are misunderstanding fun. After all, let’s not pretend what this really is about.

And that is you feel that somehow when someone says something isn’t fun because of skill/experience, you project that onto yourself by thinking they are saying “YOU have no skill thus you don’t enjoy it”. Don’t pretend like this isn’t you feeling it’s all about you. Truth is nobody said anything about your skills, just that CoD isn’t fun is related to skills, as one factor of not having fun.

The level of comprehension on the forum continues to decline… year after year.

I kinda dislike Cradle of Death because it can be really hard/impossible with players that don’t like to move from their base or are slow to make decisions. It is not rare that I lose because my ally is not moving his truck into position, even with the base served on a platter. And that is despite me telling him specifically what to do and sending pings.
Among the maps with forced ally cooperation, this is by far the most unforgiving one.

Related: there seem to be a lot of people queuing for brutal expecting to just be carried. And no, I don’t mean lvl1 commanders. I welcome anyone that actually puts in the effort. But it would be easier to solo and get and extra base than to have those 20 APM randoms that stay in their base.