For all those "I def" guys on DoN

You don’t have to wait - enjoy playing game. I’m not waiting for score screen personally.

If we keep the rock alive, we kill less infested - no good. More enemies blown to pieces the better. Sure alive rocks helps vs green boy, but this is relevant mostly on some mutations.

Zagara is quite good at defending there, though (but probably not all 4 entrances, so the map has to be cleared faster)

If you want more kills, attack infested structures at night - it makes them spawn extra infested, and the mission ends faster because everything gets cleared faster.

That is, if you can handle the extra infested.

I want to sit in base and get more kills. So no rocks allowed in my house.

And OP wonders why people say “I def” lmao. There’s your guy, you two can have a heart to heart.

One hates when people defend while the other defends only to get “more kills”. Wunderbar!

Match made in some place not so adjacent to heaven.

1 Like

lolumad.
No, please. Do go on about how various good, defensive commanders shouldn’t defend on the map. Or maybe about how Mengsks shouldn’t go ESOs while easily holding the map solo. Or about how something like Karax + H&H with Galactic Gun Runners would be bad. Or how someone like Swann taking up defense while using their drill to help deal with the map… Or about how to “properly” play on the map on Brutations.

I think the issue is level 1 Karax picking this map because they think they are actually useful on it, lul.

2 Likes

How many times is this post gonna get made?

Let it go. The map is obviously intended to be played in cycles of attacking and defending. Some commanders are really good at one, and not so good at the other. If I’m paired with Swann or non-P2 Karax especially, I would much rather them focus on defense so I don’t have to. In fact, I nearly expect it. Same if I’m playing a hyper-offensive commander like HH or Zagara, and they’re playing a defense-competent one like Mengsk, Stukov, or Zeratul.

The actual “problem” here is bad players. If someone can’t play at a brutal difficulty level, it doesn’t much matter what they try to do, it’s not going to work to the degree it should. What makes you think a player who can’t defend properly is going to be some kind of wizard if they attacked instead? They’re going to be dragging either way.

The answer is to not play with randoms, if it bothers you so much. Myself, I don’t much care. Most players are at least good enough to finish the map, and if they’re not, well that’s the way it goes sometimes. Maybe I can pick up the slack, maybe I can’t, but either way I’m probably having fun.

6 Likes

Yeah all I am reading in this thread are mostly complaints about bad players. I defend the base with a defense capable CO any chance I get so I don’t have to worry about getting overran because my ally couldn’t handle it (which happens often.) And when I do defend the base, the mission is done before night 4, sometimes shortly after bonus is killed.

Structures in general gets you more kill count. I’m not sure about the formula though. Enemy CCs gets you higher kill count than a factory? I’m not sure. If it is not sure by how much.

It’s you two. Not me and him. You and him. Two trolls that met in single tread. Unfortunately when two trolls meet they don’t disintegrate.

When they are moving onto my tanks and blowing up when rocks are dead it’s perfect. When i’m attacking and/or rocks are alive it’s not. This guy wanted me to play like he wants, but it’s my decision how to defend or attack on this map. For me dead rocks is better.

P.S. P2 Karax defends just fine on this map.

It’s an agreement between you and your partner. Usually I agree to it to make things easier. If you don’t want to commit to attack or defend you don’t have to agree.

So unfortunate indeed.

1 Like

You seem to be the only one saying this. I haven’t seen anyone else complain about Dead of Night in this way.

3 Likes

DoN is one of my favourite maps and I do like splitting offense and defense with my partner. It is much more easier if one has to focus on one thing. And the defender player is not suppused to create units at daytime, but a defense line at another entrance. They are not useless. They are the opposite. If all entrances are properly defended, then might create units to help with the attack if the map is not already cleared yet. Usually it is.

I mean… if you’re playing DoN as say P1 Karax or P2 Swann, then what the hell do you expect to do optimally? Capitalize on your defensive capabilities, is what lol.

1 Like

On DoN both players are supposed to defend during the night and attack during the day.

Attacking during the night and defending during the day are both extremely inefficient. If you can’t handle the pacing of this map on brutal or hard, then turn the difficulty down.

Idk man, I’ve attacked at night several times and blazed through it while my partner holds down the fort on his own.

1 Like