Fix This Weekly Mutation!

I have checked the replay of the last time when going nuclear was active (september 2020) and unless they changed it since then (I doubt), I can confirm that the nukes DO NOT specifically target players, but instead hit RANDOM spot on the map.

They seem to be limited to 50 distance (range of unupgraded ESO) of any players units/structures (but on this map that means anywhere except the very edges) and obviously avoid (more or less) safe zones, but I wouldn’t call that targeting.

When you say that you saw circles near your probe, remember. The nukes are launched every 2 seconds on Brutal (it takes 5 seconds to land, so 2-3 are always in the process of landing). That’s 30 every minute, 750 over the 25 minute game. So the chance of one, or even all 3 circles at some point showing where your army or probe happens to be is pretty high.

It seems that you have not read that correctly.

1. I wrote brutal, not normal

2. Even CtG wrote that nukes are placed randomly

3. Or you can check Maruro’s page https://www.maguro.one/p/mutators.html#GoingNuclear

4. Or you can do the work and check the replay yourself, using Amon’s vision so you can see where the nukes are landing on the whole map.

Try some other arguments than insults.

I do work during the week, I play brutations on weekend, so I haven’t played this one yet. But it’s not the first time we see Going Nuclear.

Instead of calling me names, can you please provide a link to the post where CtG or someone else trustworthy said and/or provided proof that nukes do specifically go after your units?

Wow you are very impolite for arguing so long, into Friday i might add, and it isn’t until now that you’re admitting to not even playing the mutation yet. My god man.

The nukes either fall at random distances from randomly chosen units or they are completely random, they do not directly target units. Youve been pointed to two resources on the nuke mutator and been told to watch replays to see that this is the case. Then you claim people are impolite as you harangue, insult and taunt them.

Sorry but if you even payed attention to DURING a game youd see that the nukes often land all around your army. If they directly targeted there would never be any that fall around you. And as you were told, you can clearly see in replays that they land all over the place including way out where your units are not present.

I’ll go there now and pose the question to everyone. Be sure to tune in. While we wait, here the Going Nuclear Mod:
https://i.postimg.cc/mZpDXq4p/Untitled.png

EDIT: And heres a comment line in the mod’s code:
https://i.postimg.cc/FRyrxrvw/Untitled.png

So…
https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiIzQ1wrS9B4XYHy8/source.mp4

1 Like

Thats all you can muster up… after your behavior here? Big enough to give a lickin but not big enough to take a lickin.

Looked around in Editor and found in Mutators (COOP)/Events/CT_NukeSpawn:

General -For each integer SafetyInt from 1 to 100 with increment 1, do (Actions)
            Actions
                Variable -Set SpawnLocation = (Random point in SpawnRegion)
                General -If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
                    If
                        Or
                            Conditions
                                (Pathing type at SpawnLocation) != Ground
                                ------- Stay clear of player start locations
                                (Distance between SpawnLocation and (Start location of player 1)) <= 25.0
                                (Distance between SpawnLocation and (Start location of player 2)) <= 25.0
                                (Number of Living units in (Any units in (Region(SpawnLocation, 15.0)) owned by player Any Player matching Required: Resource (Harvestable); Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount)) >= 1
                                (SpawnLocation is in (CT_MutatorSafetyZone())) == True
                                ------- Cast near-ish player units
                                And
                                    Conditions
                                        (Count of Any units in (Region(SpawnLocation, 50.0)) owned by player 1 matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount) == 0
                                        (Count of Any units in (Region(SpawnLocation, 50.0)) owned by player 2 matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount) == 0
                    Then
                        General -Continue
                    Else
                        Environment -Execute Mutator Nuke Persistent at SpawnLocation from player 3
                        General -Break

Based on that, I would say nukes target points:

• Must be somewhere ground units can travel
  • Must be at a distance of 25 of starting locations
  • Must be at at distance of 15 of harvestable resource
  • Must not be in safety zone
  • Must be within a range of 50 of at least 1 unit of P1 or P2

I also looked at effects, at MutatorNukeDamage, and assuming the 3 “CEffectDamage_AreaArray_Radius” don’t overlap, but rather are measured from each other, then adding 4,6 and 8 give 18, so if that’s the range of explosion, then up to 3 of distance can be on minerals (since the distance from them must be at least).

Maybe that will help…if it display in a sane way, since that copy-paste crashed the preview :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting :slight_smile:

You mean within radius of 50, right?

Anyway, regarding the original issue - yes the nukes can hit workers mining the main base, but to me it’s never a big deal. During the first 4 minutes you can spot it and pull the workers away (unless you play and have to micro Dehaka) and later it’s not a big deal. You may lose like 4 workers over the whole game … so just make 4 workers extra :smiley: It’s probably a bug, yes, but better than losing the whole army while it’s feared, for example.

Yeah, I overslimplified the condition, there’s indeed a range of 50 specified in that case.

Linking to this article since it is in the right forums, plus it specifically talks about nukes mutation feature.

Kyrie wrong as usual. It’s why many have him already on ignore.

Sorry but as it’s been shown by the mod’s triggers, the nukes do not directly target units. And about another one of your adamant claims, nukes DO drop in on the high ground in amon’s base where the recourses are. So Utherthruthbr just called someone else wrong when it comes to the nuke mutator? Now i’ve seen it all.

Is beast responding? I have him on ignore thankfully.

Uh huh… as you post that within minutes of my post. I’m sure you do.

Not sure what UTHER is trying. He was wrong in more than one instance and insulting those who were not. I can understand he does not want to apologize or something, but if I was in his place I would at least be hiding for some time. :wink:

By the way, just played again as Fenix. And the nukes certainly target your army.

But by all means, go ahead and listen to the people that don’t even play the game. Bunch of bird brains.

Well. at least we know that you know you were wrong and are just having fun with it now! :wink:

You played the game again, yet did not notice during the game or watched the replay to see that nukes fall all over the map and not only where your army is standing? It can be seen even through the fog of war.

I guess there is a difference between playing the game, and having an idea what’s happening there.
https://imgur.com/a/rlt9a4e

Ideas about what’s happening:

• Nukes must fall within a 50 distance of player units, that’s the base ESO range, so it go quite far
  • Seems like there’s always a Zeratul on those screenshots. I know his prophetic vision can trigger events like an unit, maybe it’s the same for artifacts and there’s one nearby, or there’s another weird thing belonging to a player (could be that the Void Seeker was passing through recently, or one of Karax Spear of Adun skill is unit-based and left a trace, there can be plenty of weird stuff)

Yes that’s what I have been saying.

Zeratul can see terrain from the start, but that does not count as previously explored area - i’s darker than the standard Fog of war and you can’t see nukes in the areas that haven’t been explored. That’s why I was using Amon’s vision in the replay as Amon has the whole map explored from the start.
Nukes were only falling on the western base if there were some units more to the west than the starting location. Like on the western edge of the main base island or anywhere in the west from the starting location.