Fix MMR range for Toss and Zerg

I think this was meant as a Joke but i Take the bait. Generally speaking you are correct. But this is only on average valid for comparing Players who Play the Same Race. Its Not a Secret that for example If you offrace as zerg you will still get plus 50 apm but you certainly arent playing better.

1 Like

Protoss are lower in every metric. APM is just one.

As an average for many players it estimates the skill very accurately. I do not have time to read denial of scientific method. If a variable correlates with skill then that variable measure skill when taken as an average. It is as simple as this. APM correlates with skill at 0.65. This group of players has a 1 standard deviation reduction in APM so that’s a 0.65 reduction in skill. It’s that easy.

Maybe if protoss lagged in only one metric u could say it’s biased. But when they lag in every metric from # of supply blocks to unspent resources to how fast they move the camera, the writing is on the wall.

Hero goes up against reynor and loses four oracles and bnet posters will say they have no idea why protoss have not won a premier tournament.

Batzy is here to have some fun again. Long Time No See :smiley:

u don’t need causation. u only need a correlation that can estimate skill and sample of players large enough to average out the variance. with that u can measure the skill for groups of players and if done for protoss it’s lower for the same league. how does lower skill result in the same performance? I think we all know the answer.

u say “u don’t understand correlation blah blah blah” I don’t have time for nonsense. u speak of causation but never realized it’s irrelevant; u speak of causation but never mention the bradford-hill criteria which is the standard for establishing the causation. nonesense is waste of time to read.

u might have a point if there were skill metrics that did correspond with protoss. there are not. there is not a skill metric in existence in which protoss doesn’t lag. this meets the specificity requirement of the bradford-hill criteria. feel free to prove me wrong. point to any aggregate variable that correlates with skill and which protoss are higher in. such a variable doesn’t exist. sorry but protoss is stronger. its just the facts.

pic unrelated

https://i.imgur.com/GJQuZrD.jpeg

1 Like

I specifically stated that low IQ could cause smoking. Your assertion is that Terran doesn’t cause people to play at lower MMR, but that lower MMR play causes people to play Terran.

Your proof of that claim? That clusters exist. #bulletproofargument

high iq cause smoking. all my friends have the cigars and they are lawyers and politician. the fastest way to blow $1000 is on a cigar. your throat hurt afterward and want the money back.

Yes. Obviously. In my Initial answer when i brought Up Smoking i actually Said that Low iq people tend to smoke and Not the Other way around that Smoking Leads to Low iq. I dont know why you brought Up If i didnt think that Low iq people would smoke so i was pretty much confused so i explained it to you a Second time.

Campaign, design, familiarity, players preference etc etc.

Yes, this can be seen because of those clusters. Btw that people in low mmr choose to play terran is literally seen in the data. 50% of bronze or silver is picking terran. If you think its because of the Race then provide proof. If you think they should be higher or would be higher If they Played another Race then please Provide proof.

Thank you for understanding.

This isn’t “proof.” Proof would have been if you’d been able to show that Terran players were largely less experienced or played significantly fewer games.

You didn’t accept those two metrics only once they backfired on you and then you moved into “oh hey, look if I split people by MMR they have less MMR but not as much less MMR.”

But there is Proof of concept for that. And its literally Proof because Bronze and silver is 50% terran while the Rest of the ladder Looks fine.

If everything you See at First in StarCraft is terran…what you think is gonna picked the Most ? Zerg ? Lol :joy:

They didnt backfire. Its true, my assumption was wrong about activity. I had no hard feelings on this one. The second is still unclear. The Keyword is still variance. But comparing to how Long it Takes for you to grasp Basic concepts i dont even try to bother with explaining variance.

Because 2 of seemingly contrary Points can be true. Terran can be on average the Race with the highest seniority of Players (played for the longest time) but also with the least seniority of Players (most amount of players who dont have much time in sc2). Now i Just Watch your brain melt :smiley:

Please quote statistical principle whereby statistics contain clusters, therefore people with lower performance are “just bad.”

But it didn’t change your mind for a single instant. That’s the issue. You presented evidence and when it backfired you immediately rolled into another explanation.

It’s by far the most likely explanation. Unless Terran for whatever reason just has massive turn over (again, zero proof).

Then the higher seniority players should have… MORE MMR? Or the same? Because if they play longer but have the same MMR (or in this case, only slightly less) that should indicate…

1 Like

Population parameters change as a product of balance. That means mmr distributions change as a response to both performance changes and as a product of player selection. This means the population performance goes up shortly following a buff but goes down as noobs switch races for the ez wins. If the mean is lower and the variance is higher then protoss is op, which is exactly the case. That is why there are 100 apm and 300 apm protoss inside gm league but its rare to find a zerg/terran sub 300. Widened variance in performance metrics for the same performance level is equivalent to saying the race is ez. That performance level is more accessible to a wider range of players/APMs if protoss is selected on the loading screen.

Lmao mod deleted message about apm variance in gm. Sentry=mod? Ok. Explains alot.

1 Like

Yup , or he has multiple accounts that report but I doubt you can flag somethign that quick. I had my messages deleted too. It’s pathetic

It was lightning fast. No way it could be reports. Time for screenshots to send to blizz tech support. They have a “bug” to fix. I suspected for a long time that a bnet moderator was the biggest troll on the bnet forums and with posts disappearing in the blink of an eye it makes you wonder.

Imagine being triggered about a statistical analysis of apm in a video game. Lmao. Absolutely unreal. Is it really that controversial that clicking faster gives you a big advantage in a real time game? Amazing. Just amazing.

Yup , some people need to get a life - there’s a high possiblity that he and Eliwan are the same person. I hope your report gets seen and he loses his job

I was being sarcastic more than anything. Nobody has time to care about this website.

If you are a beginner at the Game you are what exactly ?

I have Always Said that there are dozens of possibilities.

Then Come Up with a Proof that more Playtime is directly causal with mmr.

Btw variance meaning: you have 10 Players who all Played 5000 Games. The average Player then has Played 5000 Games. Easy. If you have 10 Players but 5 of Them Played 100 Games and 5 of Them Played 10000 Games then on average they also Played roughly 5000 Games …but the twist is Not a single Person in the Second group can be described Well with the average of 5k Games. In which league would you Put those Guys with 10k Games with 5k Games and 100 Games ? The Same issue CAN be true with terran. Why would you assume that those 50% in silver or Bronze are there because of the Race and Not because they suck so hard?

Nothing you have ever Said is Close to being a likely explanation. Dont analyse Clusters, average height between men and women would disappear, every terran should get Like plus 30% mmr or maybe Just plus 300 mmr, 50% of silver and bronze is terran because the Race is So hard…etc etc. Those are/were your Claims. Not a single one is proven, has proven concept or make any Sense at all.

Why would i Change my mind If the Other Side is plain wrong?

Also btw…didnt you pay Attention to the smoke thingy? Scientists looked at the Data and more or less Said “smokers are dumb”. So yeah…people in Low leagues are what exactly? Correct. They are Bad at the Game. This literally the explanation. They are Bad.

1 Like

Because I’m not? Because the “evidence” you presented was proven dead wrong. That’s why you immediately goal posted to something else.

Why Cluster at bottom? Because Bad. How know bad? Because Cluster at Bottom.

I’m glad you admitted that circular logic is the only logic you can apply.

You dont even know what Goal Posting means.

Yes you are and you havent presented a single piece of evidence why would anyone believe you

This is Not circular Logic.

They are clustering at the bottom because they Lack the Playtime, the skills, the experience or whatnot. They are there because they cant advance. How do you call people in Bronze or silver ? Correct. they are Bad.

Would you honestly think those Players in silver and bronze should Switch and get instantly more mmr ? Lets say a Masters zerg Plays vs a Bronze terran. Who will win? The Masters zerg ofc. If you let the Bronze terran Pick zerg and the zerg picks terran who wins now ? :smiley: still the Same Player. Any Masters Player could Beat any Bronze Player with ease. Doesnt Matter the race. Someone in Bronze or silver is Bad. We should call a spade a spade. No one is falling for your bs.

2 Likes

Here we go. Literally proven wrong on the “playtime” and “experience” metrics, but you parrot them ad nauseum. “Skills” you leave undefined and as vague as humanly possible so you can keep believing what makes you feel better.