Fix Battlecruisers

Remove Tactical Jump

1 Like

Whine, whine never changes.

5 Likes

lol. What’s the count of Ace cry threads up to now? 250? It’s funny when he has 4 or 5 going at one in the top threads.

Funnier still when he keeps making dozens of whine threads and then says terrans whine. :smiley:

5 Likes

You guys think it’s funny but it does actually work. Ace will spam bc tactical jump nerf threads for few months like he did in the past and occasionally bc will receive a some kind of random stupid nerf.

Why?
What is the issue exactly?
How can tactical jump by itself effect game play for either player?

I think the best idea to fix Battlecruiser is not removing tactical jump but put hit on run fire mode under 43 seconds upgrade in tech lab. Now BC is too good with harass against workers and too hard to counter with ground units. Stalkers really suck vs early BCs and shield batteries are not a good solution vs so many hp and dps.

BC is currently only terran way to make zerg do anything but 4 queens and 8 lings early on. If you want to promote variety of play, nerf queen enough options other than capital ships can exist.

Ofcourse, if queen gets nerfed in a way BC openings would benefit from, BC nerf would be in place.

But not when its easy to defend like now.

1 Like

You need to stop thinking everybody plays at 3k mmr.

1 Like

So observers?

20chars

2 Likes

Clever way of deflecting the fact that you know nothing about the game

Literal god to Zerg whiners: Give me 8 queens and baneling nest and Ill defend everything.

Zerg whiners: Queens bad.

Tell me one kind of harras 4 queens dont block.

And before you say all in, no, thats not early on, thats at the end of the game, and many can be defended with 4 queens until you make actual army to fight with. To defend those perfectly, 4 more queens and bane nest is needed as our lord and savior Serral said.

Such solid whining about zer- I mean… arguments for keeping tactical jump in the game…

You guys are really convincing.

Sorry to inform you that leaving BC alone is the default position, because winrates are even, and we just had a patch. OTOH, you need to eventually come up with a actual reason why BC should be nerfed because you are the only one who spam-creates dozens of threads about it. And so far I still haven’t heard a good reason.

Now I know you can get angry, and sputter and cry and whine more, but what I just said is still true regardless.

I have, and have explained them many times.

• it’s bad design, regardless of if its op or not
  • it overlaps too much with banshee and liberator openers
  • it’s not skill-based, you just get a standard number of worker kills every time
  • there is no risk attached to the BC itself, as long as you aren’t asleep at the keyboard you should never lose it
  • it’s preventing the BC from being balanced or redesigned as a lategame unit

No, apparently there was a misunderstanding. I said a good reason.

---- “it’s bad design”

Pure opinion, not a reason. I think the design is okay.

---- “it overlaps too much with banshee and liberator openers”

First I’ve heard this from anywhere. If terran players aren’t complaining about the supposed overlap in terran units, then I don’t see why players of other races would be that worried about it. I suppose if I don’t regularly play protoss I should start advising protoss on how I think their units work together best, and they should care?

---- “it’s not skill-based”

Most zerg units aren’t either. There’s a lot of agreement zerg is the most a-move race in the game. Zerg in particular should be careful using this argument for anything.

---- “there is no risk attached to the BC itself, as long as you aren’t asleep at the keyboard you should never lose it”

Sure. Which is why every pro BC opener we say in the fall WCS 2019 got defeated against zerg. The risk is if you can’t get a big payoff early on, like say against a zerg who made a few queens which easily repel a BC, you have wasted vast amounts of precious early resources and the opponent now knows you now have almost nothing defending your base. That’s tons of risk. As we saw in the last WCS. And BC has even been nerfed since failing to make an impact in 2019.

---- “it’s preventing the BC from being balanced or redesigned as a lategame unit”

Circular reasoning. The reason why it need to be redesigned is because not redesigning it is preventing redesigning it.

2 Likes

I’m sure youre convincing someone, but not me or the terrans who keep using it.

If it was as bad as you said, it wouldnt be replacing other openers.

Literally no Zerg is saying Queens are weak

If you weren’t plat you might understand why you’re not entitled to kill drones just because you made a harass unit

1 Like

they don’t need to remove tac jump its the ability to move and shoot that gets me. The early BC rush is almost impossible to counter as zerg because the queens die almost instantly from a running target firing BC

Isnt it funny how getting drone kills without losing the unit used to be a sign of skill but now we just see the bc and assume 8+ drones will die no matter what, just shift click and watch

its considered skill when you do it with a reaper or oracle or adept or even hellions. NOT when you use what is supposed to be a late game unit to harass in early game