Fix Battlecruisers

Do you personally like TJ?

Imagine if BC was changed into something as a worthy fighting unit - e.g. if the give it PDD and buff its movement speed a little

1 Like

If BC is supposed to be a late game unit than why its so bad against late game unit compositions with maybe the exception of TvT?

Not pdd but thats the idea. Take away TJ, see how the bc does without it and then take another pass at it.

Its not? Heck, even before the buffs it would beat carriers in equal numbers. And thats the old op carrier that weā€™re talking about hereā€¦

Already saw from LOTV release to TJ introduction. Meme unit that nobody build except to troll much weaker opponent and except against maxed skytoss.

Even with PDD from Ravens it could do decent only against maxed sky toss and that only if you Yamato Tempests and Carriers and Voids.

But BC loosed even to old Stalker, current ones will shread into scrap.

Go play terran if its that easy

1 Like

how the heck do i get as many responses as the dude who posts +10 threads a week about muh T3 spells?

David Kim pls return to us

No you havenā€™t, the BC has been buffed massively since then. And BC is immune to feedback now.

I literally played a guy the other day . All he did was planetary fortresss up with widow mines and seige tanks and he moved out with 10bcs maxed out take out whatever he can and tac jump out . I tried infestor . It didnā€™t work. I tried mass corrupter . That didnt work either. so i eventually lost . Impossible to win

That sounds like a weird game. No offence.

Fortress surrounded by mines and tanks: challenge rating, super easy
If you donā€™t have a broodlord out yet, then 1 or more swarmhost will safely trip all mines (and cause the tanks to do splash damage to them) while costing you nothing, then move in with any air to surface unit you want (or ling/bane if you can afford to lose some units but want to bring the expansion down superfast). Broodlord is better, since it will not only cause the mines to blow their load on free units but also easily destroy the fortress (and mines if you have an overseer).

The lesson here is mines are mostly only effective when the opponent doesnā€™t know they are there. Once a zerg opponent knows a fortress has mines around it, zerg can clear all of them them beyond effortlessly with as little as 2 clicks while losing no units.

10BC, challenge rating medium, low if you use infestors:
5 infestors neural 5 BC well outside of BC range. One of two things will happen. Either 10 BC get destroyed if jump is on cooldown, or 5 BC are forced to jump to safety thus ressetting their jump cooldown and you have taken half his army out of the fight with a much cheaper unit.

1 Like

BCS arenā€™t even good, people figured out how to defend against that. They are not good in tvp as opener and in tvz, you make queens (which hold every build terran can do imba) and pull drones and than you make spire if he is making them. It is not even that good.

1 Like

No, I dislike all forms of instant teleportation. Warp-prism and worm being most outrageous, while MS and BC compensating it with extremely high cost and being rather clunky.

But if TJ could be channeled to overall better stats to BC or other useful spell? I would go for it at once.

I wont cry about nerfing things I dont like tho, like Ace who made like 10 threads about this already.

I wouldnt mind tac jump being research gated

Bc rush is such a dumb meta

Been over that idea so many times already. Putting it behind an upgrade would make this problem worse: the BC would be even worse as a lategame unit because transitioning to them would take even longer, and it would make almost no difference for the first BC because youā€™ll just get it instead of yamato. The only thing it would do is remove the super all in versions of the build that hit really early, but things like the 3 cc 6 minute BC that innovation used recently? No change.

Unless you make the research time insanely long and then its like ok so how awful is it going to be to try to transition to that in a lategame situation? Just makes the problem worse. Gotta remove tactical jump

Iā€™d rather just see specific units buffed to deal with massive air units. Zerg donā€™t really need much help vs BCs, Spores and Queens hold them.

Terran have Thors which just shred BCs.

Protoss are supposed to have the Tempest which is such an unmitigated tire fire of a unit that it canā€™t even counter a unit itā€™s supposed to counter unless you get 50 supply of the things.

All in all Iā€™d say the answer to the BC issue here is to just buff the Tempest vs massive air, by a significant margin.

Nahhhh homie. Research gating effects 6 minute builds way more than late game.

You see players get every single available upgrade in late game, donā€™t tell me one additional upgrade is going to make things ā€œawfulā€ there while having almost no effect on BC rushes. That makes no sense.

Yeah so ultras should just have chitinous by default, right?

How about both

Inserts iron man meme

Lol could you imagine the salt facing ultra queen rushes xD

Please dont actually do that blizzard lol