Favorite prestiges/what maps you think they are weakest on!

After seeing someone play some SC2, I got to thinking about what prestige(s) would be bad on what map(s).

Those who know me, know that I really enjoy playing Artificer of Souls Alarak. But the worst map to play it on has to be Dead of Night. 3 gasses with no Swann ally means you struggle to keep up Ascendant and Wrathwalker production, not to mention slower research timings.

I really love to play dehaka (without prestige though) and MY GOD I’m having a hard time on Dead of Night

Mootas? Hosts? are you not getting enough essence to get Bighaka? He can usually eat the big hybrids anytime u push, lunkers can burrow and dish out the dmg once u kill detection, or sit back and siege prior to that, and your calldowns are essential, so make sure you’re getting your tech, since 3 of your topbar abilities rely on that.

I really enjoy Tunnelling horror, and the only map I really have a problem with it on is DoN, but thats only if you’re focusing on vespene heavy army comp since you only have 3 gas. instead of doing that I just mass crunchy bois (roaches) and dump the gas into upgrades until later, and then never really have problems with minerals. Once roaches get max biomass they rarely die, and I don’t even support them with queens. If they get low i morph ravager and this lets me deal with air units without being at risk of dying to scourge. Throw in a few vipers later on, and f2 amove.

Bruh I def. 20 chara

P3 Swann is one of if not my favorite prestige. But there’s not really a lot of use for it on defensive maps like Temple of the Past and Dead of Night. On those maps his other prestiges are better, but those are also the ONLY maps that they are better.

1 Like

Usually I go mass mutas because its easier to micro lol
What I struggle with is when my partner can’t hold up defenses while I’m still setting up my upgrades and units so I can go on the offensive.

I always use my calldowns on key moments, but on DoN I feel like I need them 24/7 during night time e_e

You must not be microing Dehaka well enough then. Dehaka can solo hold vs most special units night 1 (the only exception being Chokers.) If you don’t level Devour at 1 (or Devour + Leap if you’re high enough level), then that’s where your problem is coming from.
Stomp and Mlem allows Dino boi to not need help defending Night 1.

First night and early essence gathering is fine, I start to crumble when the base starts to get overwhelmed by every side. I put some primal wurms but they are far from an optimal defense line lol

Have you tried mixing in a little static D or some of the non exploding creepers? Ought to be able to hold fairly easily. YMMV, but I usually prefer to get an army at night so during the day you’re ready to push out, rather than focusing on setting up static. Are you using control groups for your production and upgrades? It can help a lot, since you can still select the building you need to upgrade from while not taking vision off of the front line.

Not that big of an issue, but annoyance:
Brohaka on Craddle of Death - F4 hotkey for Zweihaka overwrites this hotkey for a truck, so I need to make separate hotkey for truck and still often hit F4 by mistake because used to it too much.
Karax P2 on Oblivion Express vs Terran. Manually blasting enemy Ghosts all the time is annoying.

Yup, I’m doing that. I use night time to build units while trying to defend, and then day time to set up more defenses and move boihaka and his bats against the infested buildings.

I found a giant replay pack from team liquid, prolly will find some answers there too

i swear dehakaburger or lilarrin have a replay on DoN somewhere that could also help u.

Thanks! I’ll look for that :smiley:
I have 60 mastery levels but I’ve returned only these days. SC2 is a game that I’ve been playing on and off for some years now.

Also, when they announced the Prestige levels, I thought one of them for salthaka would be that he gets more life, dmg, cdr, armor and whatnot, but can’t make units other than drones and primal wurms (still can build dens for the calldowns). It would be interesting lol

that is sort of how zweihaka is, in a very abstract sense. You get 2x the abilities, but sadly u do divide essence between them. It’s pretty strong (and very awesome!) regardless.

I got that itch to unlock P3 but my god to farm all those levels again e_e

Depending on how much you play, its pretty easy to knock out in a week. If you just play for an hour a night, and if you’re not scared of brutal and have a friend to carry you (or have big HAKA energy) you can cruise thru it pretty easily. His other prestiges aren’t weak, by any means, and the juice is surely worth the squeeze.

For Dead of Night, use Guardians. Guardians can solo defend both lanes in Night 2. I recently did a Dead of Night solo holdout with Dehaka – no ally, and losing nothing out to Night 10 or so. Since I was focused on defence I mixed in Impalers. Here’s what one lane’s defence looked like:

https://ibb.co/T0Cncxg

(5 Guardians and 6–7 Impalers. Less on the south. Was against Kaboomers + Hunterlings + Stanks.)

1 Like

Nova P3 is my top favorite prestige, but Temple of the Past and Miner Evacuation are not well suited for it. Temple of the past in particular is a pain with that prestige since it is harder to make optimal use of Nova’s abilities on it. Miner evacuation is annoying because of the loss of the shotgun, but nothing siege tanks cannot handle.

Abathur P3 is still a cool concept, but it’s just not well suited on any mission by comparison lawlz :joy:. Overall, it’s just weak af every situation. So just a shout out to the dead dream.

Shout outs to the worst prestige in the game. Nothing but nerfs across the board from it.

1 Like