Favorite prestiges/what maps you think they are weakest on!

I dunno. Han and Horner P3 is also ridiculously worthless. It also deserves some recognition for the worst of the bunch title. Kerrigan P1 is also terrible.

1 Like

I’d say HH P3 is 2nd worst but definitely up there.

However, HH can function perfectly fine without Strike Fighters. You’d just player a game (which is most HH players) going galleons, Han units, mixed with some Horner units. The cost is exactly the same.

A good portion of players don’t even use them. And a portion of the ones that do aren’t terribly great at it. Players who can make good use of it but restrict themselves to use it would be at a deficit. Even then they still have plenty of resources to do other normal HH things.

Unlike P3 Abby, you’re just at a massive disadvantage from the start. You’ll have the handicapped biomass all game until the end. And only after you get 6+ UE, you’re at a fraction of the power of original 6UE. It’s so sad lol.

Posting another one that came to mind with the thread:
Artificer of Souls on Cradle of Death. Your expansion is so late to get online compared to most other maps that your early and mid game suffer heavily.

you’re a mad lad. On brutal?

Honestly it isn’t that bad. Keep your ball of Legionnaires nearby and you won’t have a problem. That’s what I do when certain Champion(s) die often.

Fenix P2 on Dead of Night. Very much a pain to do.

Yep. Actually it was a bit longer. Here’s the replay:

https://lotv.spawningtool.com/68549/

I messed about a bit at the start. It’s on a Maguro map which allows you to do some fun stuff – I used ‘-solo’ to remove my ally’s base at one point as I hadn’t bothered defending it properly in Nights 2/3. Later on I defend all four entrances and have some slack besides (see joke Ultralisk in late game, or the pack of Creepers that weren’t needed much), so I think it would’ve been fine to defend the ally the whole time.

It doesn’t get any harder after Night 6, so my goal with my solo holdout series was to make sure I could defend the hardest night reliably without losses. That focus on 6+ is why I was so casual earlier on.

I managed it with Dehaka, Kerrigan, Nova, Vorazun and Stetmann. Didn’t bother with Karax, Swann, Stukov and Zeratul as it’s well-known they can do it. Artanis broke me and I wandered off to other things at that point.

1 Like

I’d disagree with you there. It’s certainly weaker than the other H&H prestiges in most cases, but it’s not AbaP3/StukovP2 level of stupidity since you can skip platforms entirely with no other nerf to your game. Sure, the value is small/niche, but surely not worthless.

1 Like

Primal Hosts or Creepers Hosts with either guardians or ultralisk can help ya defend…Also Primal igniters will have an field day against the infested.
You cannot defend solo very good but i found these units to work the best for defending.

Abathur p3 relies heavy on toxic nests to get much biomass… Infested don’t give any and if ya have against Sky terran your not getting much period. Abathur p3 needs some more time to get started but he can manage.

Some surprising mentions here. Dehaka absolutely mops DoN - the hero can easily hold 1st night alone while you mass guardians, which clean up the map very quickly and are great at defending during the night. The map can be very comfortably finished before night 3 like that.

Fenix p2 is also not bad at all on DoN. Warbringer+Taldarin can easily hold 1st night, and the map can also be comfortably cleared relatively fast (before night 3)

And you should be doing toxic nests anyway as Abby. P3 is a horrid prestige that turns a top-tier commander into bottom tier. Of course you can still do Brutal just fine since it’s easy, but it’s a large nerf to good Abathur play.

P.S. Just for a laugh you can drag out a game to be able to get a decent number of brutas.

2 Likes

The marines, aberration, and special infested and Amon’s units still do though.

While there are a lot of infested civilians that won’t give biomass, each night does give plenty even for P3. Toxic nest affected give double biomass than their base value, so that should be given to kite them into the nests.

You’re right that between the 200biomass required, the somewhat lacking on infested biomass drop rate, and the weakened biomass effectiveness make P3 horrendous lol.

Artanis in general is bad on DoN. Infested structures have light armor. Artanis only light bonus is Phoenix which can’t hit ground structures. P3 (IMO his best prestige for random map) is great for wave clear / base push type situations but not so good when you fighting for 3-4 minutes straight. The resource heavy P1 is hindered because you have only 3 gas and 27 mineral matches . P2 is actually not bad for DoN. P0 and P2 when stim bonus wears off, just lack the DPS needed to clear map before night 3 unless your ally is really going good.

I think Artanis has 2nd worse max supply DPS outside of 100 supply Zagara. DPS is name of game on DoN. You want to destroy the buildings quickly.

Artanis has answers to pretty much every unit composition. But DoN isn’t about the enemy unit waves, it’s about how fast you can clear the enemy’s stationary units and buildings .

Lol, I think you mean 9 patches. 27 would require quite a few probes :wink: .

I know a lot of people don’t use Tempests, but a large portion of the ones that do are not exactly great at it. However, I can say with confidence that ‘fast clear DoN’ is using Disintegration and Tempests.

I decided to check out the solo speedrun record for Artanis, because I wasn’t quite sure about what you said. You’re right though: the record uses pure Zealot/Tempest, mostly the latter for pushing. It’s a pretty insane speedrun, as it intentionally loses the defence on Night 2, surviving with a single Pylon that’s kept alive by Spotters chain-phase shifting it, rendering it invulnerable long enough for day to come and burn away the infested. Meanwhile a group of Tempests just rotated around the map clearing it, ending just as Night 3 begins.

P0, interestingly. Wonder if it was before prestige came out.

2 Likes

Actually, I think he wrote “matches”, trying to write “patches”, thinking of writing “harvesters”.
Too much micro has this effect on the brain :partying_face:

1 Like

Yeah, I think it’s cuz nobody’s interested in updating that. P3 will definitely make that faster. Those Fanatics will soften up the contested areas, allowing the Tempests to have a bit more time to move through areas. Disintegration is perfectly enough to 1 cast a structure, really giving way to DoN pushing.

I’m glad you checked it out. To be honest, I didn’t know the solo speedrun was done this way but I wasn’t surprised. Being able to clear ~100 structures and end DoN before N3 with 12 probes was enough indication that they work alright. The affirmation is appreciated though.

Haha, I didn’t want to be too picky on it. It gave me a genuine chuckle is all thinking about how ridiculous 27 patches would be and how 90 total probes working is so silly.

1 Like

I actually like the “uncapped club variety” where you have no limits to stuff that’s usually limited. So HH P3, and Abby P3. However, those aren’t good on short missions (< 18 minutes. L&L, VT, RtK, etc.).

I like Karax’s Architect of War a lot, but it’s not optimal on maps that require more aggression. I assumeTemplar Apparent is the opposite, but I haven’t done enough defense map with it to know. Solarite Celestial appears to be more versatile than either one above?

Is there any map that’d bring Best Buddy low, or is it just perfection at this point?