Fatal Error along with Chrome error

Morning all,
I’m on an ACER computer that’s about 2 years old, been running SCII the whole time no problem.
In the last few days I’ve had problems both on Chrome and on SCII.
SCII today has been crashing mid-game, latest error code was E5970F09-C7FD-4F61-B5CF-3187270DEBD7.

Perhaps it’s connected, perhaps not, but I’m also seeing google Chrome pages spontaneously crashing, with all sorts of error codes, the latest is ‘Error code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION’ but sometimes it says there’s no Memory… I’ve run Windows Defender/Malware scans, reinstalled Battle.net, changed some things on startup.

Thoughts anyone?

Nowadays, browsers use graphic acceleration.
Are your drivers up to date?
Is chrome closer while you’re playing SC2? (there used to be some issue with browsers trying to claim exclusivity on graphic cards, but that’s an old story and I don’t know the details)

Howdy unsilenced,

Looking over that crash report, this seems to be due to a problem with the Intel drivers or something causing a conflict with the graphics drivers/hardware. As Undead mentioned, updating the drivers would be a good first step. You may be able to grab the ones from here to update.

If this persists, please reply with that DxDiag so we can take a closer look:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “preformatted text” button (</>). That’ll make the information much more readable.
It should look like this.

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link then highlight the link and press the ˂/˃ button.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.