Error 2:-2000 since patch

I’ve tried everything I can think of, and I know my licences are valid, but the game won’t start. It just gives me the error code in the title. I am a sad Zergling :frowning:

2 Likes

Hey Kadikur,

This error is often caused by security programs like anti-virus software. You may need to add SC2 as an exception in those programs, or temporarily uninstall them and test SC2 without them.

1 Like

Thank you for your response, Zenlaka, I’ve added SCII to my exclusions list for Norton Antivirus.

Browsing through older posts I found that sometimes SCII fails to close all the way (leaving a copy in the Task Manager), and I searched for, and found, a running copy in the TM. So I force-closed it and tried SCII again, and it launched correctly.

I’m hoping that, by adding it to my exclusions list, this does not happen again. I’ll keep an eye on it and we’ll see.

Thank you for your response again.

7 Likes

My dude you are a literal hero! Take this :heart: along with my thanks!

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.

3 Likes