Dutiful dogwalker prestige tiny buff plz

Ok, with this prestige there is like a 20 second window where you dont have an Odin, like I know this prestige is already plenty strong, but I just think its annoying how it wasn’t fine tuned to give you 100% uptime on the Odin, so plz just increase the duration by like a tiny bit more so I it isnt annoying like that anymore.

4 Likes

What makes you think it was intended that you have 100% uptime though? You can also put mastery points in to get it there or close. Not sure if you need all 30.

1 Like

if it wasnt intend to be 100% well then I think it should have been, I dont see the point of them leaving a tiny gap without an odin

4 Likes

I’m not seeing the problem here actually.
I tried with this prestige once and it wasn’t big problem.
If you fill out all 30 mastery with cooldown You only get to wait for 144 seconds with Odin staying on field for 120 second. You only have to wait for 24 seconds to resummon Odin again (Given Odin Survives until cooldown ends).

24 second is more than a breeze for Tychus and his gang to take control of any situation.
If I have a complaint for Odin that would be Anti-air, but as for the prestige 3 it is fine.

Well, look at this way. If you invested Medivac Mastery instead of Odin, the cooldown increases to 216 and you have to wait for 72 seconds, that is actually more considerable time. If Odin is meant to be permanent it loses the meaning of the Odin’s mastery.
The prestige is to synergise with Odin’s mastery to encourage players to go for Odin companion.

Its anti-air seems kind of underwhelming, yeah. How does its AA damage stack up against a thor? I feel like it’s almost weaker after seeing what a single thor can do to mutas in versus.

1 Like

Since multiple thors’ anti-air can be made they are actually powerful especially against light tag fliers (also they are splash).
Banshees, mutalisks, Phoenix are quickly dispatched (Also useful against Carriers).

Odin’s anti air is actually much stronger but I think it is weaker sole due to lack of number.

like I said sure this prestige is already strong, but I just just dont think it makes any sense to just not make it 100% uptime when its already so close, it just seems like lazy game design if you ask me. its not like it would have broken the game to just give it 5% more uptime to make it basically a permanent odin

1 Like

it doesn’t lose the meaning of Odin mastery because there’s a 20 second cooldown left if you got full mastery on the Odin right now, im saying that with mastery it ought to just be enough to be a “permanent” odin, they ought to just fine tune it a tiny bit to have it so, that’s what Im saying

4 Likes

Oh, it’s not with mastery? I figured it would be. Still, having SOME kind of downtime just means you have to go without long enough to miss it. Besides, I’d hate if it was 100% uptime. Resummoning it to crush enemies is half the fun.

well you’d still be able to crush people with it if they gave it 100% uptime with full mastery, but it would just basically look like the Odin flew up in the air 2 seconds ago just to slam back on the ground immediately lol.

1 Like

The 24 second is basically nothing, but I certainly wouldn’t be averse to a tiny buff of the cooldown reduction from 40% to 45%. That would reduce it down to 12 seconds, and basically give enough time for the Hercules to haul up the Odin and disappear off the screen and then be ready a few seconds later to drop it again.

Tychus P3 is super fun to play with, and I really love it. It’s what I had always wanted in coop, so this prestige is perhaps my favorite.

1 Like

I’d be cool with 12 seconds or however long it takes the odin to fly away just so you dont see two odins at once

Imo it’s already in a great spot already, 120 seconds uptime and 24 seconds downtime with mastery is already plenty enough to get most waves or spawncamp or split push with.

1 Like

im not asking cuz I dont think it isn’t strong enough Im asking because it makes no sense to have your odin for 120, but every now and then all its like all the sudden you gotta wait 20 seconds to get it back, the 24 seconds of downtime just doesn’t serve any purpose, its just weird having it. I’d be like saying all the sudden Swann’s drill awkwardly disappears every now and then for 20 seconds for no purpose.

4 Likes

If anything the odin could use a changed anti-air attack.

Giving it a powerful anti-armored anti air attack would be a lot more useful than the current anti-light aoe attack.

Tychus gang already has plenty of AOE and what would be more useful is a hard hitting anti air attack on odin.

1 Like

Mastery leaves a 24 second window…100% uptime (w mastery) would be better

2 Likes

I rather Barrage and the nuke button has more than 1 charge and has cooldown like 30s for Barrage and 240s for Nuke.

Yeah, the 20 something cooldown is also driving me away - as silly as it may sound. That there is a time limit in general makes me nervous, like there is always the thought in my head that the Odin won’t be available when I need it.
With the regular Odin you just save it for specifc powerful waves or Nuke-pushes, it’s easy to keep track of since it’s just a top bar ultimate.

Anyway, if the consensus is that the 20 seconds CD is not a big deal then I don’t see a problem to just get rid of it altogether, right?

This would truly fulfill the fantasy many had for a Tychus commander before he was released, piloting the Odin as a major aspect of the commander.

24 seconds isnt a big deal, but it does kill the fantasy/vibes.

1 Like

And the Hercules should have yamato cannons on it so when it zooms in to pick up or drop the Odin, it blows everything up.