Dutiful dogwalker prestige tiny buff plz

I haven’t unlocked this prestige because I thought losing the nuke was a big no go. However when seeing CTG vid I changed my mind.

Can Nikara play a roll in this prestige to function as a tank healer? Normally I hardly use her because her AI is so idiotic but I guess in this prestige the Odin can be a ranged tank. That way Nikara can keep healing it without walking in front of the whole team all the time and be very annoing in general.

Did anybody test this? Seems pretty fun to me tbh. Didn’t level any more commanders that last days because of the hot weather and the upcoming tweaks but this prestige seems more fun then I originally thought.

It does anywhere from 100 to 160 per volley in an area. Basically anything that isn’t a capital is taken out in two volleys once you get upgrades.

You don’t even need to bother healing the thing, if anything trying to kill the 4000 hp past Tychus cage was a feat in of itself. If you really need, just have the odin shoot any detector buildings and medivac it, the medivac 50% heal will be more than enough. At most the odin might drop to like 1500/4000 hp if you deliberately drop it in a too dicey situations.

In normal situations where the Odin is a nuke button cage for tychus you might well give up trying to break tychus out of the cage. With dogwalker it’s incredibly sturdy. A medivac is more than enough healing for the odin.

Even without upgrades Rattlesnake twice as fast as Nikara on the Odin, and three times as fast once you fully research health/armor.

Dunno how you’re taking enough damage that the Odin needs healing but hey.

1 Like

How did the CTG video change your mind? He basically tears the prestige apart (for his standards at least, he’s usually quite positive).

He even lost the Odin a couple times because it’s not really a tank. I thought so too when I played P3, but I don’t know why it’s melting so fast either. Nikara does work though, just like Medivacs and Rattlesnake.

I think it was smart from the dev teams to lowball this Prestige first, because it does sound very strong on paper. But in reality it just hammers home how “eh…” the Odin always was without the Nuke unlocked.

• It’s sluggish
  • The Air Splash attack is bad, especially since Tychus has more than enough Aoe already
  • The Odin won’t revive Tychus, robbing you of another free healthbar and some minor mobility for your main Outlaw
  • And as already noted, there is a needless 23 second window where the gimped Odin isn’t even available, and that’s with full Odin Mastery invested

I think there is nothing you can do about Tychus being a seperate entitiy in this prestige, but you can easily solve the other 3 points without making this prestige overpowered in any shape or form.

3 Likes

This seems like a huge misstep. The things you could do with the synergy of reviving Tychus on a shorter CD would have added value to this prestige instead of just “extra outlaw.” He could go on his own little suicide missions and return to the fight.

He should be piloting the Odin when it first lands and be able to climb out when you decide to. I don’t even care if it looks good. He can just pop out the same way units do from a nydus. That way, he could take refuge in it if need be too. So much potential, and instead it’s just an extra unit you can spawn.

Despite it not having BRB, P3 is basically just a straight up buff. More Odin for longer is a free called in Outlaw Mech that does extra damage.

The issue is that Tychus isn’t exactly lacking in that department prior to 15min mark lol. Still though, a buff is technically a buff. The slight change in style means unfortunately more grouped outlaw play, due to again no nuking. And that’s only affecting some maps is all.

2 Likes

I mean i get where people are coming from, pre BRB there’s hardly a reason to ever use the Odin leveling unless your medivacs are down but that’s more due to losing your aoe and Tychus.

For split pushing and dual defence it’s probably one of the best ones I’ve had experience with imo. You can easily split push or defend two areas at once or make it patrol attack.

Outside of a 20 reaver pack there’s really not much that can take it down and it has monster building dps and defensive and split pushing capabilities. It really astounds me more people haven’t tried it. It’s great.

P3 is definitely his weakest prestige. The Odin being separate from your army is nice, but losing both the nuke and the instant Tychus revive is a huge downside. I don’t think either of those necessarily need to be changed, but here are some other buff ideas for it:

• You no longer need vision to drop it
  • It stuns or fears enemies in a radius around it when dropped
  • Bigger splash radius on its attacks

This lets you chuck it at an attack wave as soon as it appears on screen (i.e. in an enemy base) and, even if it doesn’t stop the wave on its own, it will slow and damage it enough that you and your allies can easily finish it off once it reaches your base without needing to relocate either of your full armies to deal with it.

its a good prestige, but honestly I wish they’d allow you to use heavy impact mode on the Odin with this prestige