Community Update - July 1, 2019

Thx for update. Here are my opinions

Zerg late game-IT nerf is not enough, broodlords wreck everything on the ground and their support makes it impossible to get on top of them. Either nerf the broodlord or nerf their support units which are usually corruptors, viper, infestors. Also swarm host, nydus is broken and needs addressed.

Terran -Like the ghost buff but late game is weakest by far. How about a Viking buff as it’s still the weakest air to air fighter in the game by a distance. How about +1 armor or an extra 5-10 hp.
Battlecruisers- The rush is too strong v zerg and if the zerg is unprepared 1 bc can end the game.
Stim change could break the game, keep an eye on it.

Protoss- Carrier buff gives me the fear. Also plz consider removing disruptor, aesthetically the unit looks really bad and overlaps with other units. Warp prism would be better with a pick up range/speed nerf.

3 Likes

I don’t feel this will do anything to fix ZvP being stale.

I guess the problems on top of ladder is different, but what I see is all Protosses going 2-base all in. the only variation is what 2 base all in they will go for.

And we zerg haven’t got much choice other than rushing trying to kill them before their tech units are out, and yeah it gets boring in the long run.

But how this is fixed by nerfing a Zerg spellcaster for late game is beyond me. It doesn’t really matter that they are making it even harder to kill the allready broken carriers, because we never get to the late game in the first place.

So I see no fixes to ZvP, PvZ. But the TvP “fixes” will break ZvT

2 Likes

Now I want to see Goba telling Blizz that “everything is balanced!”, lol.

As for changes themselves - we need to play a lot to be able to provide feedback, very deep changes that will take time to sort out.

Bad idea imo, since that just increases the timing window protoss can demolish terran with a multitude of aoe

I’m worried about those changes effects in PvT early pushes meta. I feel like Terras will got way more chance to win an early tanks-marines push. I’m also worried how those toss changes will affect the all kinds of early pushes by protoss.

On Top of the Ladder Toss needs to Push with a prsm because otherwise Zerg will just drone up and go for the lategame army (which isnt beatable once there).
So the spellcaster fix is about that lategame army of zerg.
And the Prsm fix will just destroy the ability for protoss to try to slow down zerg with zealot-herass. (and ofc. robo allins/pushes are dead now).

4 Likes

Thank you Blizzard for listening to the community. Protoss is just too strong and performing too well at the top Korean level. This fix will hopefully stop the silly abuse by Protoss and is a much needed balance patch.

2 Likes

One of the better community updates I have seen in a long time, not that that’s a very high bar to break.

-Stim change is great and gives terran more strategies to choose from, as they can transition to bio faster
-EMP Change (Upgrade) I have no idea, the change in radius from 1.5 -> 2.0 is effectively doubling the area, but I rarely see a situation in TvP where the terran does not have enough EMPs to hit everything anyways. It might be very useful in TvZ ghost-turret-lib ultralategame, but that part of the game is silly anyways. Give Terran an actual BIO lategame rather than forcing them to camp with the most cancerous unit comp in the game behind loads of turrets and mining out the map.

-Carrier change seems pretty okay
-Recall change is very good, means it is actually a “strategic” recall now, and not an “whoops I f’cked up let’s make everything good again” button
-Warp prism change is VERY QUESTIONABLE. We all know WPs are pretty ridiculous, but this change just feels very painful for protoss aggression, so it encourages turtling as aggressive strats will struggle quite a bit. Instead of changing warpin duration, they should make the ridiculous pickup range part of the gravity drive upgrade. In compensation, Queens could lose one of their insane anti-air range. They initially got the anti-air range to deal with liberators, but libs have been nerfed several times since then and spores received a buff. Also, maps are now designed with lib range builds in mind.

-Infested terran nerf is good, but pretty irrelevant. Infestors are an insane unit with Fungal completely obliterating unsuspecting bio or battlemech armies or any skyarmy that is stacked (vikings voidrays etc) and with neural parasite being rather good against BCs as well. And yes, infested terrans nuke down pretty much every air army as well. A change to fungal radius, slow amount, damage or duration is much needed and neural parasite should not be castable while burrowed, then the unit becomes fair.

Overall though, the update was alot better than expected and I might actually start playing again now :smiley:

PS: Banning “bad words” in the forums is beyond childish, so I know have to say “I F’d up” like I’m talking to a child too young to buy SC2 in the first place

1 Like

Voids are arguably the worst unit in the game rn

3 Likes

MMM this RUBISH is a really good banlance?.. All balance updates are nerfs for Protoss, what is that? This is a JOKE?
WTF!!! Zergs won all WCS tournaments in 3 years, what is that? And oh no, buff Zergs and nerf Protoss… WHY? because we can…

My God, what a waste of balance there is lately, I hope that these changes are not definitive.

2 Likes

I also forgot to mention that the change to recall seems a bit heavy handed from my perspective. Maybe a healthy midpoint first and if it still poses problems, nerf it further?

Are you real?
Im not talking about high professional lvl Starcraft, but in a midle league.
In diamond/master, u know how difficult for a palyer like me is to control a zerg “Max out army”
While toss, i have all army on hotkey 1, and templars on hotkey 2 and gg.
With zerg is: Broodlords - HotKey3 Corruptors - HotKey2 Vipers - Hotkey4 Infestors - Hotkey1.
And if I have some ground as well? And u cannot put Like Coruptors and Vipers in same hotkey, just as u cant with Broodlords and Infestors.
IT IS HARD TO CONTROL.
Probably for proplayers no, but for 99% of people playing Starcraft, it is.

And…u Nerf Infested terran, u buff terran (U know how many 1 base bio allin will do with that vs zerg?) And u buff Carriers, since the toss reaches carriers way before zerg gets maxout, and toss can harras with carriers piking up drones and bases and dont get punished for that.

GG blizz:)

1 Like

1 base bio allin with stim? xd

1 Like

Imagine 2-2-2 hitting 21 seconds earlyer.

That is VERY okay to everyone that has a brain and can process that roach are 75/25/2 while immortals are 275/100/4 and most protoss units are more expensive than roaches and ravagers. There’s NO way whatsoever to defend that kind of push from the zerg without warp prism or going blind counter with disruptors and sh1t

1 Like

No way? Rush storm and Sentrys (Disruptor is very hard to control) - GG
Sentrys and 1, 1 single VoidRay - gg
+3 atack stalkers - gg
1 immortal, sentrys and ShieldBattery - GG
6-12 Oracles - GG

U really sure u cant defend it? Only with a prism lol?

For me the problem is not the prism, is the forcefield.
FF - GG

1 Like

虫族大后期完爆人族和神族!感染虫和飞蛇就是bug般的存在。

1 Like

Is this it? Really? Disappointing.

Stim change - just so so dangerous, I don’t believe this will be implemented. It has the potential to break a lot of stuff.

The WP change is “something” (ZvP) but still doesn’t do anything with the pickup range and immortal micro.

EMP, IT & Interceptor build time - I don’t have an opinion about these and I am not sure how big impact they will have.

On the other hand…

Tactical jump - one of the most BS abilities (it is right there with mothership’s Vortex) - still not addressed. But yeah, how long did it take to this “balance team” to address Vortex even when everybody was screaming bloody murder? … so maybe TJ will be looked at next year.

Nydus - another kinda crap mechanics. It feels so cheap to lose to this AND to win with this. Why can’t we just drop? Why are Z droplords so slow and crap? Both T and P have much better and faster vessels. Give us faster droplords.

1 Like

I think that these are great changes that will make the game better especially at the highest level. well done blizzard :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

First of all it’s great to hear from you again! The changes are interesting to test but i feel that the thing with the warp prism is the pick up radius. Other than that i was hoping to see something different for infestors because it still feels too strong and maybe nudus spam and cannon rushing ofc.