Community Update - August 6, 2019

I like all changes, I just think that 21 seconds less for Stim is too much. I think 11 seconds would have been ok.

1 Like

trying to defend zerg underpowered in 2k19. LOLZ!

3 Likes

I guess Protoss is getting nerfed in ZvP because Zerg is OP? So much stupidity on this forum

Zealot is like the first thing that need to be nerfed with Warp prism

8 Likes

thinking that the balance team actually balances the game. LOLZ

besides that zerg got huge nerfs lategame too. so z is OP lategame or not? :slight_smile:

People are saying Zerg was too strong in the late game. I could see it against Protoss but I don’t agree against Terran.

3 Likes

so on the one hand there is a nerf and you say blizzard does it because protoss is really op and on the other hand you are saying that zerg is getting nerfed because the community cried.

blizzard agrees (like me and most ppl) that zerg is too strong vs terran/toss in lategame. and everyone could see that.

No they are absolutely free. Since the beginning of sc2 a free unit has always been defined as a unit that costs neither minerals or gas and you can have an infinite about of. There is no limit to infestors energy. They recover it. The infestors is a unit it can move, it can shoot, it had an hp bar and or does not cost any minerals or gas to make. It is a free unit. If it does you have not lost any important advantage. On the contrary if they got sprayed onto your tank line you lost 5 tanks and that’s a lot of minerals and gas. You can’t get those lost resources back. But the infestors does get the energy back. Therefore it is a free unit. This is not some fringe idea. This is the very definition that people use.

I think it’s a combination of both. Blizzard seems to be reacting to whining in the community, which sucks since some races whine much more than others.

And Zerg’s late game vs Protoss is very different than Zerg’s late game against Terran. Maybe Terrans complain about late game because it feels in comparison to the strong early-mid game advantages they have right now.

1 Like

TvP all-in still being the best option. What a meta …
Kind of dissapointed that this is going to continue, avoiding all-ins matchups is primal in my opinion …

For the rest, interesting changes … let’s see how it goes.

1 Like

lmao wut. So you are saying that Zergs are just somehow “better” at lategame because of skill, not because of the units they have. Somehow when a player chooses Zerg and gets to a high level they automatically have more skill than other races at late game. The fact that they chose Zerg initially means that they must be more intelligent amirite? You realize that sounds a bit delusional?

2 Likes

fuk you ok, you comment is really ridiculous

1 Like

This looks good. These changes are good.

I think the problem is that it’s up to the zerg who wins and who loses. Protoss late game army only has so much micro potential, and it’s down to whether a zerg knows what he’s doing or not. That’s kinda stupid.

1 Like

I agree. I was kind of pointing out that it doesn’t make sense to say that Zergs will dominate late game because Zergs in general have more skill late game. It makes more sense to say that if a Zerg knows what they are doing (skill), then they will dominate late game partially because of the capabilities of their race.

2 Likes

This is just about any other patch, zerg buffed, protoss nerfed, terran buffed by trying to balance things you ended up messin up everything again…

1 Like

Zerg got nerfs to IT

2 Likes

Everyone should build a wall even zergs. Still early-midgame PvT is broken (though not through all the ladder) if toss know how to deal with terran units and prevent good sieges. Cuz stalkers are plain better than unstimmed marines and outrange mines. Blink stalkers can oneshot tanks. Chargelots are just overperform for their cheap resource cost, almost free attention (micro) cost, have the ability to lure mines into friendly fire if terran isnt ready (and also the best t1 combat unit by sheet analysis). These gives protoss the ability to invest in economy and tech instead of army giving the edge in future battles. And 20 sec of stim research time reduction isn’t really different macro-wise but will make timings before storm is ready.

btw 6th game of Zest vs Rogue on last Olimoleague is so funny.

Sad that Blizz doesn’t consider to nerf Host-Nydus abuse and range of infestor spells.

I just feel Blizzard just completely missed the mark on this balance patch. The EMP buff is nice, but stim is a change no one asked for and frankly all it does is promote allins which we are trying to make a less attractive option. The infestor is the single biggest problem in the game right now. The prism got nerfed and so did recall which was needed 110% but Zergs lategame didnt get worse in the slightest. Massing investors is still going to be the name of the game and now you just need to throw a few more infested Terrans than you did previously to achieve the same results and when you have 15+ infestors energy is in a near infite supply.

I dont know what Blizzard is trying to do here, but the meta is going to be littered with more allins from Terran and just different variations of the same allins Protoss is doing. Blizzard needs to realize Protoss lategame is way too good for Terrans to risk getting to that stage and Zergs lategame is too good for Protosses to risk getting to that stage. This is going to be a messy few months until we can get a year end patch, and I’d suggest they communicate with us earlier than 2 weeks before the patch date about how we can fix these glaring issues so next years meta looks better than this one.

2 Likes

Siege tanks have free attacks whereas the infestors cost energy. All units with free attacks are OP and should be nerfed.

3 Likes