Community Update - August 6, 2019

you rank beneath me, play the game more you would understand

same goes for you, enjoy your op infestor/ndyus while you can i guess

4 Likes

I would suggest something else: keep Feedback dealing 50% damage like it does now, but lower its cost to 25.
Might also make it unable to actually kill stuff then (always leaving at least 1 hp left, or maybe cap it at a higher health amount, like for example 25% of health).

1 Like

Im agreed, Zerg is so strong on early and mid game, and on late game insfestors are so strong, eeven on ZvT the speed for overlords 1 flash overlord could make 2 or 3 Nydus.

4 Likes

Upgrading to emp and steampunk for 100 seconds is imba, so I will switch from tos to terans. I will defeat zerg with Unix as part of the Torah and ghosts, as well as in battles with protoss. her battlecruisers. I have been waiting for this patch all my life. we need a nerf of workers from 12 to 6 and then the balance will be.

2 Likes

Good changes balance team. Good call on not nerfing zealot charge, it would of been an overkill and unnecessary nerf to Protoss IMO. I really like the EMP buff from 1.5 to 2 radius and the warp prism nerf from 6 to 5 range. The rest of the changes I am unsure about, but only time will tell if they were necessary as well.

3 Likes

SC2 balance doesnt understand YOU ARE BEHIND IN ECONOMY by DEFAULT against Toss in TvP …

EMB buff or not it won’t change a thing in the matchup, same goes for the stim buff

5 Likes

you realize mules exist right? Just because terrans have less workers, doesnt mean they have less economy.

9 Likes

Nice cop out. Instead of actually arguing :smiley:

2 Likes

Seems Blizzard only try to make zerg stronger, and stronger, Terran is a really bad race, zergs and toss can take 3 bases happily, when terran is ending his natural, and you only can spect make a lot of harras whit 1 reaper, when zerg has at least 4 lings 1 queen or toss 1.5 adepts, stalkers, why? Because terran economy had a huge nerf whit mules, and zerg/protos get new really cost efficient units like ravagers and adepts, TvX es really hard even whit good micro/macro mechanics, that stim change only makes, mor favorable 3 rax stim/shields timing stronger for tvp, but not too much for make viable the late tvp

3 Likes

метель убивает ТОС. после этого только зерги и терран

Terran cant take a fast b3 and pressure the Toss at the same time Mr noob

2 Likes

It’s not a free unit. Infestors are casters that cost 100 minerals, 150 gas and don’t have an auto-attack. They start with 50 energy which is enough to make 2 infested terrans but not even enough to cast 1 fungal growth or neural parasite.

Broodlords make free units on a short cooldown. Swarm hosts make free units on a longer cooldown. To make infested terrans, you’re giving energy that could be used to cast Fungal Growth or Neural Parasite.

Calling infested terrans free units is like saying High Templars have free AOE attacks. Protoss has disruptor and Colossus, but it’s those dang “free” psionic storms that’s the real problem, right? Lol

13 Likes

At full upgrades on both sides, Infested Terran currently does 17.9DPS to BC, after the patch, it will be 9.6DPS a 47% decrease, I think this will help turtle terran way to much in lower leagues, as that composition is much easier to operate than the Zerg counters. At least give us the option to order burrowed infestors to cast fungal, which would result in just that one infestor unburrowing.
Right now, infested terrans are my panic button. If I’m to disorganized, mess up control groups, have some part of army lagging, etc., I just unload bunch of infested terrans. Since they take a while to hatch and are slow, my opponents just back up and wait for their expiration, which gives me time to collect myself, now when they only do half the damage, they could just push through with their A-move composition, so it would be nice if I could at least throw a few fungles w/o exposing all my infestors so that I could run. Plus, it wouldn’t hurt the high level balance, since those guys can just do this with their skill. The infestor in a hands of a pro is so much more powerful, than in a hands of an average player and this should be reflected somewhere.

1 Like

They are free units. infested terrans cost zero resources. Free units are units that cost nothing to make put require the enemy expend resources to destroy them.

Your argument of Infestors cost money is invalid because so do BL and swarm host.

Your argument about templar and disruptor is nonsensical. Storm isn’t a unit. Infestors expend energy to create a new unit. That unit costs no resources. if it dies you don’t care because you didn’t lose any resources. If you lose a high templar or a disruptor you lost minerals and gas. if you lost an infested terran you did not.

Just like swarm host and BL unless you are killing the infestors you are trading resources for energy, There is infinite energy there is not infinite minerals. So congrats you killed 33 infested terrans, but you traded 5 carriers for it. You come out at a loss.
Free units are units that do not cost minerals or gas to create. Just because they cost energy does not invalidate that principle. Free AoE isn’t even a thing. Tanks I guess do free aoe since it doesn’t cost anything. Every unit has a"Free attack" because it costs no resources.

You’re also the only person in the entire scene who does not view Infested terrans as free units. And you don’t even have a logical argument for it.

6 Likes

What you say makes no sense. What is the difference between a caster that uses energy to kill units than a caster that uses energy to create units? Infesters can be killed just as easily as hts

6 Likes

The difference is that free units get a health value - things like Psi Storm don’t. Besides that, they absorb damage and block pathing. So yes, there is a pretty big difference.

Overall, happy with this balance patch. Bigger issues still need to addressed, but they are better left to the end of year major design / balance changes that can be made then.

4 Likes

Balance Team had 6 months of vacation, 2 more months of testing and they came up with this. Great to hear, we can always count on you guys.

8 Likes

Zealot Charge:
https ://www.twitch.tv/videos/463289661?t=04h21m02s

3 times 3 Oracle harass:
https ://www.twitch.tv/videos/461891423?t=07h53m14s

Soo vs Immortals:

https ://www.twitch.tv/videos/445338801?t=06h14m19s

2 Likes

Terran winrate vs Protoss in all the major tournaments so far:
GSL s1: 57%
GSL s2: 47%
GSL s3 (so far): 33%
WCS Winter AM: 50%
WCS Winter EU: 53%
WCS Spring: 56%
IEM Katowice: 34%

Besides GSL s3, which is just in the Ro16, and IEM, the percentajes are pretty much balanced (terran has had tournaments where they win more too), so i don’t know where you got that 30% winrate for terran

4 Likes