Co-Op Mutation #268: Rumble in the Jungle

I wasn’t joking. Artanis Prestiges are trash. I have zero interest in grinding for any of them. Any Artanis player I see with them I’m going to assume I’ll have to carry.

1 Like

Only if you have trouble surviving early game as valerous inspirator.
Plain zealot / templar will just walk over enemy corpses once you get past that… There is no question that it outperforms P0 in all regards late game.

Nice meaning “for noobs”? Yeah, i agree… P3 is for noobs. Sit back in base, completely mess up your build and be out of position all the time and let yourself be carried by orbital strikes spawning super archons with lasers. Thats the way to become a better player.

Just like best buddy, Herald of the Void, Folly of man, Keeper of shaddows and all that other trash where you can easily carry the game with 1 unit or just calldowns for the first 15 minutes.

2 Likes

no I meant for fun because it looks cool and new :thinking: not everyone is on a tryhard journey to be the best co-op player everrrr! esp. after a bazillion games in this game mode :joy:

1 Like

I can see why you say that. “trash” is not the right word though. Uninteresting is more like it.

1 Like

What kind of fun? I have to admitt that i have almost no experience with that prestife aside from leveling it…

Is it the improved orbital stikes? Or the targetted and cheaper shield overcharge? Cause aside from that i don’t see what you could mean…

And sorry - i shouldn’t have said its for noobs… the lack of guardian shell should actually make gameplay challenging and punish bad play. The laser archons i just find silly. But still… i don’t see any apeal for that prestige right now…

1 Like

the archons are new, I’m looking forward to doing that pew pew thing and spawning those bad boys :grin:

1 Like

Wow, some real Artanis haters out here lol.

Objectively, trash is like say P3 Abby or P3 HH, but at least they redeem by fulfilling some fantasy-theme. Calling it so because it literally makes you weaker compared to P0, without actual advantage despite said advantage.

3 Likes

For real. Like, why do y’all have to be so… confrontational? Just let people play as they’d like to lol.

3 Likes

I can accept that. Not worth the grind is another way to say it.

I still prefer to call them trash. They are neither strong nor are they interesting enough to be worth grinding towards. Baseline Artanis is good enough.

1 Like

Objectively, trash is like say P3 Abby or P3 HH

P3 Han and Horner is about as horrible as ALL of the Artanis prestiges are. None of them are worth using. They are all just as terrible as P3 HH is.

1 Like

Got it on the first try with both bonuses as P3 Zera with a P1 Zagara ally.

Getting started was a bit hectic. We lost that first bot which had me a bit discouraged. But with the time leading up to the 2nd bot wave, we built up, got detection squared away and never had much of an issue from then on.

Well, if you say mass P1 HT is weak, or Unbound Fanatics are weak then I’d like to know what you’re smoking.

3 Likes

Yeah, stop taking Vindicare seroiusly. LOL

2 Likes

That’s your opinion. Frankly a wrong perspective at that.

If you hate it that much, I can only conclude it’s not Artanis or his prestiges but you as a player.

And that’s fine, you don’t have to like Artanis. I’m just not seeing you provide any solid information to back that up. Anyone can say something is trash.

Artanis is one of my favorite CO’s I think that’s actually the problem more than anything. like P0 Artanis way more than I like any of his prestiges. I just don’t want to use any of them.

1 Like

I kind of get this. I’m not interested in Artanis at all, but my first impression of his prestiges is that I don’t like the design (post-P2 nerf, but before it it was too strictly superior). Slowly I absorbed the idea that there’s real power in them – surprisingly especially P3, which in just reading the description was easy to disregard.

I think you should probably stick to “Artanis’s prestiges aren’t fun or interesting to me”, because it has been pretty well proven in mutation solos that they can be stronger. I feel similarly about some super strong prestiges of my favourite commanders (like P2 Stetmann).

Out of curiosity, what did you want to see out of Artanis prestiges, as a fan of him generally?

I’m sorry. Who are you?

Just someone who strongly dislikes “know it all” elitist dpshts like yourself. I’m just passing through.

4 Likes

Well maybe some day you might know enough for some random hater to come say things to you. Maybe if you’re lucky. I happen to be able to back up what I say on these boards. Not that someone like you could know or care that I can. Move along little one.

Well, The two of you seem like experts. Why not test them out against Amon and see what the result is? I personally recommend the 2v1 Chains of Ascension, since a good amon on a sufficiently normal difficulty level could test the commanders to their limits.

1 Like