Co-Op Mutation #265: Shir Chaos

Amon’s minions rush forward to support their champion, and not even death can stop them. When they fall, more rise to take their place, further bolstering their champion’s strength. Match their Zeal and push back the surging tide.

Outbreak - Enemy Infested Terrans spawn continuously around the map.
Speed Freaks - Enemy units have double their normal movement speed.
Just Die! - Enemy units are automatically revived upon death.

Rating:

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

Player 1                                   Player 2
[CtG Frightful Fleshwelder] [Ancalagon Solarite Celestial]
[CtG Galactic Gunrunners] [Spohky Lone Puppy]
[CtG Keeper of Shadows] Piky Devouring One
[CtG Best Buddy] 슈팅매냐 Desolate Queen

[Reddit Post Link]

Notes:

• If you push Ji’Nara far enough to get the first hybrid before 7:00, you will not get the giant attack wave that usually spawns at that time. Teams can use this strategy if they are more confident fighting hybrids than they are fighting the second wave. The worst case scenario is spawning the hybrid at exactly 7:00, which will mean you need to fight the wave and the hybrid, though some commanders with big top bars like Artanis’ solar bombardment, Arcturus’ Nuclear Annihilation, and Dehaka’s Glevig+Murvar might be OK with this if they can catch the wave on top of the hybrids and kill both.
  • Just Die! revives enemies instantaneously. They respawn with full health.
  • The Hybrids and Infested also revive from Just Die!
  • Outbreak spawns Infested Terrans, then Infested Marines later, and Aberrations from any enemy building.
  • Aberrations spawn starting 20 minutes. These are very tough to hold continuously because they revive upon death.
  • The first set of Infested Terrans arrive around 2:30 into the game.
  • Remember that all the waves will arrive faster because of Speed Freaks, but they will not spawn earlier.
  • Time Stop delays Hybrid spawns by 20 seconds, which is a huge deal if you keep using it as it goes off cooldown.
  • Using Time Stop just before the last set of Hybrids spawn will prevent them from supporting Amon’s Champion, therefore skipping that part of the mission.

Commander of the Week: Commander of the week [Shir Chaos] - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com
Mutation difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUE03WFZfPAz00OE5kIixYw/community?lb=Ugx0n2Lbe3Jao5iQrid4AaABCQ
Do you like this mutation? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUE03WFZfPAz00OE5kIixYw/community?lb=UgxnpY-b4rWFJPRmOXx4AaABCQ

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com

1 Like

30,99 … this week 3rd…

If you push all structures, you will not see Outbreak :slight_smile:

this week 1st clear Zagara P1+Kerrigan P3

Mutation (Shir Chaos) play list.

2 Likes

I was worried for a second cuz I thought it would be random mutations.

The early game for this is going to be really brutal… trying to decide who to use for this.

1st clear. Stiukow P3 and Stetmann P3.

Save yourself some trouble and just Vorazun Dark Pylon wall the main and naturals. Outbreak goes afk.

1 Like

Anybody managed to do this against baneling/scourge composition? Got it twice and failed both times. Finally managed to beat it against mech terran

Certain commanders will have a much easier time than others vs that comp. For example Stetmann Best Buddy, Alarak (not-P3), Kerri P2, etc. I think CtG got that comp on one of his vids.

1 Like

Yeah, don’t feel bad, swarmy is one of the harder ones. And this time doing them twice due to Just Die makes it even harder for some commanders. Doable but definitely harder.

1 Like

Not baneling/scourge, failed on that encountered. But beaten zergling/muta composition with P0 arty and p0 abathur ally. Really hard, have to deal with few wave of aberrations after 20 minutes mark, before able clear all enemies structures.

1 Like

With Zagara P1, no need to worry, often can’t even see the Just Die because there are always more banelings behind those that just went boom, and by the time you arrive, everything is dead.

It was very funny to see Scourges trying to catch the bonus in A-moving, eternally spinning around unless/until you manually order them to wait on the path of the bonus and catch it this way.
Taught me the Elementals actually are moving in circles rather than reacting to their surroundings.

3 Likes

This is another one why they made the MOBA commanders.

2 Likes

Lost 6 or 7 times with Stukov P3 before got a Zagara who could help get us past the frantic early game. At one point very early there were lurkers deep in the mains and looked bad.
I did learn to hold fire on those calldowns unless really dire, and you have to maximize that Apocalypse burrow charge.

Infested seem to aggro SCVs more than other enemies.

I haven’t figured out the timing on that map even on regular brutal: when to go for expansion vs pushing jinara vs clearing first hybrid spawn point.

The most important lesson is to mute your speakers except for at the end when the whiny wench dies. So losing does have its rewards.

1 Like

Having played this a couple times in pubs, I think it’s just much easier to play for winning before the 20 minute mark.

I feel bad for the people vouching for p3 Stukov who are gonna end up with a 30+ minute game.

2 Likes

Got this one on my fourth try after deciding to use Tychus P2. As much as I like P3, sometimes the overwhelming power of P2’s ability to be everywhere at once is key to victory. Had a Vorazun P1 ally that made highly effective use of timestop and dark pylons. Skipped the bonus.

We do not talk about how horribly wrong the other tries went… especially the one where the enemy comp was scouts and carriers.

1 Like

This week is WAY too stupid. I’m not even going to bother trying to play it anymore after the 2nd attempt. 2nd attack wave with like 30 Void Rays? Get bent. Whoever designed that map needs to be flayed alive.

2 Likes

Ours was almost 28mins but did full map clear. Again that was after 6 losses all in first 5-10 mins. Its about getting over that hump and oh what a hump it is.

First attempt was with an ally Karax as I played Zagara. We were doing fine up until he just stopped helping with pushing the objective. Sat there for 10 minutes no doing anything. Then I quit after Hybrid spawned in the final base and lost within 15 seconds of it happening.

Played again with the same guy and asked how we lost. I said “Cuz you didn’t help push and just afk’d.” We managed to win that one this time.

Play the game normally and just aim to end it before 20 minutes. splitting a bit of units/static D to deal with infested is fine.

I stuck with Alarak with a very good Vorazun ally and we just wipe every wave twice.

After several fruitless attempts, I think I’m just giving up on Vorazuns Dark Pylon strategy. An overwhelming amount of allies could not deal with being blocked, even if I warn them beforehand.

The nobel prize goes to a cocky 31 Artanis, who kept asking about bonus in the beginning. I responded that our first goal is to survive long enough to see the first bonus, then we can see what we’ll do. His response was “lol are you serious?” and “Hybrids are ez-pz”. Pretty sure he referred to Solar Bombardment. Anyway, he was totally wrecked by the first attack wave coming for his base. As I was sarcastically asking if that wave was ez-pz as well, he left and put me on the ignore list. :slight_smile:
Other shoutouts go to all underlevelled allies who somehow thought that this mutation is easy enough to be carried. You must be out of your mind. No way.

Anyway…
I’m feeling more comfortable as Alarak P3. I still block my ramp with buildings and a few cannons, also a defensive circle around my expansion. Empower Me is amazing for all the Hybrid pushes. Mass teleport and Overcharge when needed, and obviously Ascendants.

Haven’t beaten the brutation yet, but let me just say Terran comps are such a pain. Usually I go for the buildings on the right side after the 2nd wave of Hybrids. When it’s Zerg there’s almost no resistance. A few Hydralisks, maybe some air units, some Crawlers, that’s it. When it’s Terran though? Man, what the hell. Tanks in siege mode, Battlecruisers, Vikings, Goliaths, you name it.

It’s astonishing how many allies don’t play around the mutators. Placing buildings as usual, no static defense, then panicking when Infested keep knocking on their buildings, pulling their entire army back because of a bunch of regular Infested, or 2-3 Aberrations, over and over. That’s a downward spiral. Especially Raynors, who could use a wall with Bunkers and Supply Depots, which also let their own units pass when needed.

Sigh. Somehow, this week’s mutation is challenging in such a way I want to beat it. I’ll try again soon.

3 Likes