Co-Op Mutation #261: Conflagration

The Infested march upon the temple. Infused with incendiary power, Amon’s minions set the ground ablaze as they die. Even more monsters emerge from the ashes, seeking to engulf the temple in the fires of their own deaths. Keep your distance and exterminate them.

Walking Infested - Enemy units spawn Infested Terran upon death in numbers according to the unit’s life.
Alien Incubation - All enemy units spawn Broodlings upon death.
Scorched Earth - Enemy units set the terrain on fire upon death.

Rating:

Video Replays on Brutal difficulty:

[Reddit Post Link]

Temple of the Past spawn timings:

Other Notes:

• The number of infested and broodlings that spawn are based on the supply count of the unit destroyed.
  • Infested and dudelings don’t spawn each other when killed.
  • Broodlings and Infested also activate Scorched Earth.
  • Air units are immune to Scorched Earth
  • Scorched Earth damages the Temple, so keeping the enemies far away from the Temple is a good idea.
  • Splash damage is really really really really good vs this mutation.

Commander of the Week: Commander of the week [Conflagration] - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com
Mutation difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgxfHAcU9PHktTlpnkt4AaABCQ
Do you like this mutation? CtG - YouTube

Commander of the Week winner of last week:

Links:
Weekly Mutation Database
Maguro’s Mutation List
starcraft2coop.com

5 Likes

-happy P1 Infested Siege Tank noises- :3

26,95 … this week 3rd…
this week 1st clear Swann P2+Zagara P1

Mutation (Conflagration) play list.

1 Like

Two games. The first Tychus P1 and Nova. Nux and his psionic storm massacre the infected. Second Abathur P0 and Alarak P2. Mass devourers vs sky toss.

this week 1st clear Swann P2+Zagara P1

Man, watching that replay is everything I have wanted to pull off with Swann P2, but have failed to:
Offensive Turrets using cd’s to clear a hole for Herc/Mass SCVs is brilliant.
I didn’t think it was possible until I saw that. Well done! Don’t think I have the speed to do it myself, but good to know it is possible.

This one’s pretty fun. Maybe Swanny here. Mass wraith.

This will be a lie…until what difficulty it apply to will be added, at least (if not more is needed).

Managed to beat this brutation first try on both NA and EU accounts as Swann P2. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Turrets… Turrets everywhere. Make sure that there are rows of flamers, bullies and spinsters on every side and exit and it’s such an easy win. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Going to do that with Kannonrax

I hate using Karax P1 because there are always Hybrids (and Spotters on DoA) which disable my “Artosis pylons” and make me completely defenseless. :scream: :scream: :scream:

Also Swann is just objectively better because he has tanks. :clap: :clap: :clap:

No Artosis pylons allowed bud. Spamming pylons is a good min dump for him. And you don’t worry about being supply blocked. It’s also good practice for ladder. Other players are quick to snipe Arty pylons. I actually wish the Blizz made the AI do it to punish poor sim city. And not just on mutations with the spotter.

You can use pylons to shield cannons too. I know Hunter would put shield batts in front of cannons which is also good. Line of pylons. Line of cannons. Line of batts. Another pylon line. Make sure to upgrade shields to level 3 it makes them last even longer.

1 Like

Usually for Karax you want to always have a few deployed energizers inside your defenses to both boost your defenses and to prevent them from being shut down. That said, Karax will have a harder time until you get enough flaming collusususus to deal with all the small stuff constantly coming at you.

2 Likes

I just refuse to “get gud” as Karax, and I hate him in general, so I always simp for Swann instead - because he is my husbando and I played as him for hundreds of hours. :rofl: :kiss:

2 Likes

Did it twice today. First clear was with Mengsk P2 + Artanis. My Artanis ally did absolutely horribly for a Mastery 750 something. Was vs Terran Mech (Thor/Tank).
Second clear was with Stetmann Best Boi + Artanis again. A bit of an easier game, but got to slightly meme it up with BCL/Ling vs Bio Terran.
Also, it’s stupidly annoying how tunafish Hybrid just float on by you without a care in the world. Probably because of the leash, even though it can hit both air and ground… I don’t understand the AI sometimes.

another easy one, so far did it with alarak p3, nova p1, and twice with abby p0. had to carry a couple of the games, but still pretty straightforward.

Did it in Normal with Alarak P3 and a Karax ally (avoided Zagara this time because it felt like lings would get end in barbecue faster than I can replace them).
Easy.
I even managed to scout with 1 destroyer, then warp my army to the north-east base and finish destroying the last Amon forces before the end of the map.

I mentioned previously how the “spawn timings” mentioned in OP would be wrong unless stating difficulty (or more parameters if that’s not the only that matter), and I had confirmation of it in this game: nothing ever spawned directly in G and F.
Also confirm the difficulty system is broken, because something would definitely have spawned if one of the 2 players had been in Casual…unless it’s the mutations that caused some kind of interference?

Yes, because those timings in OP are for Brutal. Why anyone would need timings for easier difficulties is beyond me. Perhaps you could do your own if you think OP is wrong.

3 Likes

Did it with Tunneling Horror Abathur. Even with allies below 15, it was pretty manageable. Just made a bunch of swarm hosts and they held back everything.

For the Alarak players that have already cleared the mutation. Are you using ascendants or meme destroyers?

I tried to use Mass Destroyers for clearers. Beautiful the attacks as they are, they weren’t a good clearers against Broodlings and infested spawns.
Mixing in some ascendants would be a good idea. I advice at least 8 or 10.