Co-Op Mutation #256: Miner Concerns

Nobody said you played it, just that you clearly have no idea what it is. And you keep talking trash about it. It just shows how ignorant you are about MOBA and about Coop. The whole premise of MOBA isn’t hero units, that’s just 1 component. Just like RTS isn’t about making an army, cuz turn based games can do that too.

And then so you’ve been told wrong. It is quite widely accepted that MOBA originated from Starcraft. The very game you’re playing right now. It was a custom game called Aeon of Strife. WC3’s Defense of the Ancients (DOTA) was the successor that eventually went to standalone. Then from there LoL, HotS, etc. all came about.

Smart people actually do some research before spouting off like they know everything. And learn to understand information provided is actual information rather than a bias. Unlike you, it seems that you’re heavily influenced by some weird quirky thing.

Next time, spend 2min to read even a wikipedia page.

No that’s where your wrong. Mobas came from WC3 anyone will tell you that.

See, this is what I’m talking about. Here you go, you lazy piece, here’s a quick wiki for your pleasure. Learn some.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_online_battle_arena

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=MOBA

People telling you it started from WC3 isn’t even accurate.

1. It didn’t originate from there.
  2. As a standalone, DotA isn’t technically one.

Anyway, enough of this nonsense with you. I’m sure you’ll just keep burying your head in the proverbial sand as always.

That’s just how people work, ask people the first RTS they’ll say Dune 2; ask what the first shooter was you’ll get Wolfenstein 3D (or even Doom). These aren’t the first in their genre; they took it mainstream, but didn’t make the actual concept.

People latch on to what popularized a genre, not the originator.

2 Likes

To be fair, you and another person derailed that Alarak Mothership thread into a huge discussion about Raynor’s OCs and mules.

So let’s keep this about the mutation.

2 Likes

What’s fair about it?

At least it was a discussion of something useful. Not to mention the OP’s question was answered properly prior to that.

Both are derailments no doubt but “fair”? In what sense? And where does your fairness lie in context of derailment? And where is your fairness by only quoting me and not others? Mhm…

Unfortunatelly, MOBA is popular because of the simplicity, but i don’t think you should blame Monk for that.

Before Tychus, Dehaka and Kerrigan were the popular picks for mutations, when it comes to a straighformward commander.

Now that I think about it, Kerrigan sure got less picked since Tychus and Zeratul, can see them in Brutal, but not so much in mutations

1 Like

I played with two Kerrigan players last night that basically decided the only unit they needed was Kerrigan.

Needless to say, it didn’t go too well.

I played with a third that started that way but eventually was pulling Nydus worms full of units for the final battles, which was good.

I was leveling up Raynor at the time.

Depending on the map and enemy comp a Kerri hero-solo is completely possible. There’s a whole bunch of vids on YT showing it. In fact with P2&P3 it’s probably now good for every enemy comp. But on longer maps the extra DPS from an army really helps.

Especially to “distract” the enemy from attacking Kerri. One of my dumbest (but successful) games was with Kerri against Immortal-Colossus on TotP. Big brain move was to go mass mutas, which absolutely owned the enemy waves. Problem was: every Immo+Col targeting down Kerri since she was the only ground unit. So lost her 4-5 times. 8-16 lings for each wave would have made great shrapnel/meat shields, while Kerri hangs back to Assimilate or Immobilise.

Your arguing with the same individual who initially thought that the nukes in the going nuclear mut specifically targets armies which can be forgiven. However, after being told to look at any replay to see they fall all over the place, they still believed they target armies.

Then was told that the mod’s triggers clearly show that they don’t target armies, but still said they target armies.

Then had the trigger code pasted in the thread, and incase they werent a programmer, had the code explained in english that the nukes dont target armies… but still didnt have the nads to publically concede… and regurgitated that the nukes target armies.

You could easier reason with a rock.

1 Like

Very true, point well taken.

Tychus really is an abomination to RTS, but FWIW, he’s a popular pick, and probably got a lot of people to “sign up” for Coop, so it wasn’t “all that bad”. I do like him being OP b/c it’s helped me through countless Brutations when others pick him.

Another thing is Coop is quite different from “classic Sc1/2” (for the better IMO :wink: ), so it’s not like our beloved mode is some pure thing anyways.

Heh… final wave on Void Launch, I leap Kerrigan in for Immobilization Wave. Nothing happens. To my horror, that ability still has a 5s left on cd (cool down). Too late. Kerrigan gets killed, and the rest of my army now has to square off against the might of the final waves. Several shuttles got away :\

1 Like